• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricky Álvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Re: Ricky Alvarez

He retweeted an Arsenal fan saying 'come to Arsenal, the fans love you.' Then undid it later in the day.

Bizarre.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What was his reply to the Arsenal fan?

"No i'm going to Milan."
'**** i best delete that.'

KY

Established Member

you're kidding right, THunter? Hold up a sarcasm sign if you are..

sarcasm-the-big-bang-theory-8135257-500-281.jpg

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Nasri and Cesc are still here, we appear to have signed Gervinho do we need Alvarez?? the fact Inter have signed him suggests he is a talented player but I won't lose any sleep over not signing him.

KY

Established Member

My problem is how much it says about our club. We've been linked to him strongly for a month and a half. Even concrete stories about directors going to argentina to meet their representatives. Yet Inter swoops in the last 2 weeks and seal up the deal immediately. What in the world are they doing??

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

KY said:
My problem is how much it says about our club. We've been linked to him strongly for a month and a half. Even concrete stories about directors going to argentina to meet their representatives. Yet Inter swoops in the last 2 weeks and seal up the deal immediately. What in the world are they doing??

It happens in football, case in point us snatching Ramsey despite him being shown around Old Trafford and allegedly agreeing personal terms wit them.

There is light

Zanetti is a legend for someone like alvarez, not easy to say no to Inter actually, they are a very attractive option and more so for argentinians, just like how wenger attracts the french here.

Shue

Established Member

Not just Zanetti, they have Samuel and Milito too. Alvarez is also apparently the holder of an Italian passport too, so presumably he has family from there. It's really not difficult to see why he'd pick Inter over any club in England.

ibby

Established Member

There is light said:
Zanetti is a legend for someone like alvarez, not easy to say no to Inter actually, they are a very attractive option and more so for argentinians, just like how wenger attracts the french here.
Bingo.

Not hugely disappointed on missing out, Jonathan Wilson made a case that in March/April he was valued at around 2.5mil euros and this is mainly just hype. Not saying it's true because I haven't seen him play but the hype certain grew on this forum after we found out Manchester United were interested.

kalleTheMan

Established Member

At the price mentioned, it's a pretty big gamble for Inter. He's a very unproven player, but with undeniable talent. If he starts to tear it up in Italy that tweet about his Arsenal sueño will haunt us....

ibby

Established Member

kalleTheMan said:
At the price mentioned, it's a pretty big gamble for Inter. He's a very unproven player, but with undeniable talent. If he starts to tear it up in Italy that tweet about his Arsenal sueño will haunt us....
Probably why it's structured like a mofo.

Inter's deal for Alvarez very structured: €5.7m up front, €1m after 1st 5 games another €1m after 10 games another €1.5m after 15. Total €9.2m

Inter will then apparently play a friendly with Velez worth €300k + have another €2.25m to pay to player + in tax. Total cost around €12m

There is light

Yes shue, they've cambiasso as well but the word is that alvarez was set for arsenal and that zanetti personally convinced ricky to join inter.

Ibby, jonathan wilson is very highly regarded i know but from what i've seen of alvarez , he has taken rapid strides and exceeded all expectations this season, you could make out that the lad has world class potential in him which means i would be willing to take the risk that ricky alvarez is. But unfortunately he chose inter, it's a definite defeat for us as we were very near to sign him.

GunneDown

the amount of money we spend on sending scouts, directors etc around the world to make stupid offers. We have no funds left to actually buy.

Shue

Established Member

There is light said:
Yes shue, they've cambiasso as well but the word is that alvarez was set for arsenal and that zanetti personally convinced ricky to join inter.
Erp, shocking that I forgot Cambiasso, great player.

Honestly, it's not really that shocking for him to pick Inter once they came in. It's a bit like a young French player would have jumped at the chance to join Henry, Vieira, Pires at Arsenal a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom