• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'm not sure why a lot fans are turning their noses at a former PFA player of the year.

I know he was hot and cold last season but I put that down to defenders doubling up on him and his desire to leave Leicester last season only to be blocked by the manager/chairman.

In our system, it's quite clear that he'll probably have less attention on him from opposition defenders as there's other players (Sanchez, Özil, Lacazette etc) that they're focusing on, so that would allow Mahrez to have more occasions for 1 vs 1 situation that he thrives on.

Mahrez for 30m/35m in this current market is a no brainer and its better value than Lemar for 45m+

Actually, Lemar is basically a wild goose chase at this point. ASM will not sell him and they said it over and over. We come with 80 or 90 M on the table and they may still say no. We should grab Mahrez while we can.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He would fit so perfectly with us, and for a decent price as well. Can't believe we aren't in on him. Hope he doesn't sign with United -- I know they're sniffing around for a right wing (albeit a traditional one, a la Perisic).

1CK1S

Actually, Lemar is basically a wild goose chase at this point. ASM will not sell him and they said it over and over. We come with 80 or 90 M on the table and they may still say no. We should grab Mahrez while we can.

Which is why I think we should balls to the wall for Lemar and Mbappe next summer. As for now, buy Mahrez and a defender.

grunger

After our display against Chelsea today, I hope Arsenal are rushing to buy Mahrez as swiftly as possible. Pre-season friendlies or not, we clearly need re-enforcements.
That's what I was going to say, despite so called itks saying it's done I think it's slipping away, Must move quickly as Roma are on the case.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
i genuinely dont see us signing mahrez unless we get rid of walcott/perez.

why havent we sold perez yet? wenger clearly doesnt rate him or wanna give him a chance.. im extremely worried we are gonna do the usual idiotic move we do and loan him until his market value is much less than what we could get now.

Even though I seriously think we need a centre back to win things, i'd happily take Mahrez and a CM. Our attacking can sometimes be really stale

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we can go through a season with our current attacking midfield options.

Loan out Iwobi. Sell Perez. Bring in Mahrez.

Bergkamp120

People questioning his quality :lol:

A year ago, he was incredible. Did people not watch him? People were speechless after watching some of his performances and he was the best player in the premiership. He desperately wanted to leave, teams were being quoted 60-70 million but in the end, Leicester forced him to stay.

He didn't want to be there last season and it's been reported that the whole squad didn't want to play Ranieri. So yes he didn't give us as much effort last year but he still had flashes of brilliance. He's looked fantastic this preseason. And imagine him with better players around him. I want to see what he can do when the other team isn't solely focused on stopping him.

Spending 35-40 for him should be an easy decision. We'll regret if we don't and he plays like he did in 15-16 again. That's a player that transforms the entire team and would cost 80 million in today's market.

Saw this linked on r/gunners

Just a reminder of what he can do. It's magic.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

A year ago, he was incredible. Did people not watch him? People were speechless after watching some of his performances and he was the best player in the premiership. He desperately wanted to leave, teams were being quoted 60-70 million but in the end, Leicester forced him to stay.

He didn't want to be there last season and it's been reported that the whole squad didn't want to play Ranieri. So yes he didn't give us as much effort last year but he still had flashes of brilliance. He's looked fantastic this preseason. And imagine him with better players around him. I want to see what he can do when the other team isn't solely focused on stopping him.

Spending 35-40 for him should be an easy decision. We'll regret if we don't and he plays like he did in 15-16 again. That's a player that transforms the entire team and would cost 80 million in today's market.

Just a reminder of what he can do.

I have actually watched this video over ten time, pretty sure there's a clip against every PL team, twice. He's an outstanding talent, but I do wonder why no one else appears to be interested in him.

Edit: Could be a different video actually, but still.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Just a reminder of what he can do. It's magic.

Such a talent. He is deceptively quick. His first touch is as good as Mesut. There is a word in spanish for such player "un jugador desequilibrante". Can't think of the exact translation but he is a player that just creates havoc in opposition defense.
In a team like AFC, he is guaranteed double digits in goals and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom