• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronaldinho vs Neymar

Who was better?

• Total voters

Buhry

Established Member

Well I think Prime Ronaldinho was better than prime Neymar but I allready stated that earlier. Helped Brazil win a world cup, single handedly made Barcelone games worth watching the first 2-3 years he was there. The midfield around him at the time was very good but their attackers weren't that special. Eto'o and Ludovic Guily. Neymar has had a more stable career but never got a similar feeling watching him play compared to ronaldinho, he carried that team. Still at the end of the day Ronaldinho has more grand achievement with his Ballon d'or and World cup win. Won the CL as well of course -_-

Also the year before Barca signed Ronaldinho they finished 6th in the league, his first season 2nd, next season winners, first time in 6 years. He carried that team back up to former heights and set the stage for the messi and pep years later. Meanwhile Neymar joined a barca at the peak of their powers and he did well but nothing our of the ordinary. Suarez farmed that league around those years, clearly any top forward playing for Barca those years would have racked up numbers.

Also aside from technique and numbers he had way more power and physicality the years he was in prime shape.

Comparing numbers for the 2 don't make sense anyway as Ronaldinho played more deep in the pitch as a classic 10 and was more likely to also be involved in the 3/4th last pass before a goal.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't believe people have voted for Neymar. There are so many players I would put ahead of him. Rivaldo being one.

I watched this game live. The context of it. Clutch last minute bicycle kick winner vs Valencia to get into the Champions League. Absolutely absurd technique to curl it away from the keeper. Honestly. Outrageous. I haven't seen a player strike a ball and keep it low from outside the box more consistently than Rivaldo. Not to mention the amount of nutmegs and crazy ball carrying ability.

Honestly, looking at that Balon d'or list is terrible. Top players just aren't being produced anymore. The dearth of talent is absurd especially Brazil.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom