• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sevilla V ARSENAL player ratings

arsmile

Established Member
sesquioxide said:
For my edification, would you mind when posting your ratings to tell me who you thought was supposed to be our left midfielder (Gilberto? Eduardo? Denilson? Rosicky?)? I am genuinely interested to see how you rate this left midfielder as I am curious whether you lump all the blame on Traore for the problems on the left or whether you think this left midfielder deserves the blame too.

we gave up on formations after about an hour- that's good mangament.......either that or someone really want listening.....is started as eduardo, but when he went up top, eboue stayed wide right...but denilson, tomas and gild were all staying central- no wonder troare had difficulties- by the way, i think you are all being so harsh on him

arsmile

Established Member
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

Not fun rating this game.

senderos>traore?????
senderos=denilson????????????????????

True Gooner

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Jameel46 said:
ricky1985 said:
My (very angry) Rating's;

Almunia - 7. Had no chance with the goals and made some decent saves.

Hoyte - 5. His distribution was symptomatic of our disintegration after their equaliser.

Traore - 6. Anyone who holds this against him needs their heads testing. He did alright considering he was so ridiculously exposed because of Wenger.

Touré - 5. On a night when we needed him to lead he wasnt up to it.

Senderos - 2. PATHETIC. He was s**t from start to finish, yeah, yeah I know he has been out for ages, but based on that 90 mins he was s**t.

Eboue - 5. Brilliant back-heel, and won a stone wall penalty. But was very poor after that.

Fabregas - 5. Rubbish.

Gilberto Silva - 4. Whatever drove him to be the determined player he was has gone, and he is now a liabilty. Gilberto without drive, determination and work rate is like a bath with no plug or a car with no wheels; Absolutely feckin useless.

Denilson - 4. Thought he was absolute waste of space. He is very integral to the way this 'reserve' team plays. He is still very immature in the way he plays football, and lacks drive and determination. Very poor.

Eduardo - 6. Great goal, and embarassed Alves a couple of time, but he didnt have anything to work off.

Bendtner - 8. Awesome, he wasnt really an 8 but I feel he was just damn good, and he had any kind of service in the second half he would have reaked havoc.

Subs -
Sagna, Walcott - average at best.
Rosicky - pile of s**t.

All in all what a f****g s**t night.

:shock: .....................oh i see..... you're drunk.

Nope just really f****g pissed off. Actually I am really, really f****g pissed off.

Ive seen worse TBH...we all have..

AliBabaBrewer

sesquioxide said:
AliBabaBrewer said:
Seemed more of a threat than Adebayor when he's playing the lone striker in my opinion. But that may just be because he wasn't called offside 80,000 times. Didn't do his chances of playing games any harm today.

Well, maybe for one Seville was out to win the game? Unlike all the games Adebayor had been playing alone up front against teams completely focused on the defense and absolutely nothing else.

But Adebayor's done little to nothing at least 7 out of his 12 games since his hat trick at Derby. With The Perse out, everything's been pumped up to him, and it's not his style of play. He likes having a second striker there to play off, not just whack balls up to him, or cross a lot and hope for the best. He needs that second man there to set him up.

Bendtner doesn't.

sesquioxide

arsmile said:
sesquioxide said:
For my edification, would you mind when posting your ratings to tell me who you thought was supposed to be our left midfielder (Gilberto? Eduardo? Denilson? Rosicky?)? I am genuinely interested to see how you rate this left midfielder as I am curious whether you lump all the blame on Traore for the problems on the left or whether you think this left midfielder deserves the blame too.

we gave up on formations after about an hour- that's good mangament.......either that or someone really want listening.....is started as eduardo, but when he went up top, eboue stayed wide right...but denilson, tomas and gild were all staying central- no wonder troare had difficulties- by the way, i think you are all being so harsh on him

I think we are overly harsh on Traore too. Gilberto had to help out Senderos too so he can't go all the way out to the left. I think Eduardo or Denilson definitely deserve criticism (whichever one of them the rater thinks is the left midfielder), but it appears that they are not getting attacked for not helping out Traore.

Illusion

Established Member
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

senderos>traore?????

Senderos had a better game than Traore.

He may have made a couple of mistakes, but Traore gave the ball away 50% of the time he had it, failed to deal with Navas and Alves (who'd expect him to honestly?), he was poor going forward and regularly standing beside Senderos instead of covering whichever of Navas/Alves was overlapping on the flank.

Because of this, Senderos (who was the left most Centre Back) was put under immense pressure all game, with players running all angles around him and balls flying in from anywhere they wanted on the left. Senderos had a poor game, but these factors made his performance seem far worse than it was.

I don't blame Traore for the left side collapse, there was no one infront of him on the left for most of the game, which let Alves come forward freely (his best feature as a player) and Navas was free to work on Traore without worrying about tracking back.

Wenger should have noticed the dire state of affairs on our left side and corrected it asap, he didn't do anything to it all game, that cost us the match in my opinion.

arsmile

Established Member
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

senderos>traore?????

He may have made a couple of mistakes, but Traore gave the ball away 50% of the time he had it, failed to deal with Navas and Alves (who'd expect him to honestly?), he was poor going forward and regularly standing beside Senderos instead of covering whichever of Navas/Alves was overlapping on the flank.

Because of this, Senderos (who was the left most Centre Back) was put under immense pressure all game, with players running all angles around him and balls flying in from anywhere they wanted on the left. Senderos had a poor game, but these factors made his performance seem far worse than it was.

I don't blame Traore for the left side collapse, there was no one infront of him on the left for most of the game, which let Alves come forward freely (his best feature as a player) and Navas was free to work on Traore without worrying about tracking back.

Wenger should have noticed the dire state of affairs on our left side and corrected it asap, he didn't do anything to it all game, that cost us the match in my opinion.

traore did well offensivly, got a good couple of crosses in, he defended nearly-adiquatley, he had to compensate foe senderoses inadiquasies, NOT the other way round...senderos annot kick a football, only won one header, and caught the ball.......senderos had a disgracful game, gilberto had a very bad game, traore did well, all things considered

- he wasnt even nearly the worse player on the pitch!

sesquioxide

AliBabaBrewer said:
sesquioxide said:
AliBabaBrewer said:
Seemed more of a threat than Adebayor when he's playing the lone striker in my opinion. But that may just be because he wasn't called offside 80,000 times. Didn't do his chances of playing games any harm today.

Well, maybe for one Seville was out to win the game? Unlike all the games Adebayor had been playing alone up front against teams completely focused on the defense and absolutely nothing else.

But Adebayor's done little to nothing at least 7 out of his 12 games since his hat trick at Derby. With The Perse out, everything's been pumped up to him, and it's not his style of play. He likes having a second striker there to play off, not just whack balls up to him, or cross a lot and hope for the best. He needs that second man there to set him up.

Bendtner doesn't.

Adebayor did little to nothing since Derby? Even just the last game he was the one who started Gallas off in his move (although oddly enough Bendtner got even more praise from the forum than Sagna from it).

And our striker (whoever it is) will never look good against a heavily defensive team, or when the midfield has trouble getting the ball to him (just like Bendtner in the second half of this game where the abject failure of the midfield made him vanish). Adebayor actually doesn't do badly when we whack balls up to him either (e.g. buildup to goal against Reading, or goal against Tottenham last season), but he does has to have some space to work with so he can run at goal.

Illusion

Established Member
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

senderos>traore?????

traore did well offensivly, got a good couple of crosses in, he defended nearly-adiquatley, he had to compensate foe senderoses inadiquasies, NOT the other way round...senderos annot kick a football, only won one header, and caught the ball.......senderos had a disgracful game, gilberto had a very bad game, traore did well, all things considered

I respectfully suggest you watch the game again and see where the majority of Sevillas attacks came from. Then tell me Traore was compensating for Senderos' inadequacies?

I didn't see any decent crosses from Traore all game, he tried, but they were all poor. I made a point of watching his crossing ability after Gurgen (I think it was you) mentioned Traore can cross better than Clichy. I didn't analyse Traores crossing to disagree with you either Gurgen (assuming it was you that said it, if it wasn't it was Psycho I think) I just wanted to see what Traore could do since he got favourable words from you :)

gunnerGH

Established Member
Almunia 7
Hoyte 7
Kolo 8
Senderos 1
Traore 7
Denilson 7
Berto 7
Fab 7
Eboue 8
Bendtner 9
Eduardo 7

Rosickly 7
Bergy 7

ricky1985

Established Member
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

senderos>traore?????

I respectfully suggest you watch the game again and see where the majority of Sevillas attacks came from. Then tell me Traore was compensating for Senderos' inadequacies?

I didn't see any decent crosses from Traore all game, he tried, but they were all poor. I made a point of watching his crossing ability after Gurgen (I think it was you) mentioned Traore can cross better than Clichy. I didn't analyse Traores crossing to disagree with you either Gurgen (assuming it was you that said it, if it wasn't it was Psycho I think) I just wanted to see what Traore could do since he got favourable words from you :)

I urge everyone not to judge Armand Traore on today's game.

He is a phenomenal talent. He is needs to improve his defending but he is eighteen. Where was Ashley Cole or Roberto Carlos at that age?

His crossing is outrageously good, and he can dribble nearly as well as Clichy. He can strike a ball ferociously. Believe me the kid is talent personified.

Wenger let Traore down today, he made it nigh on impossible for him to defend his flank.

arsmile

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

senderos>traore?????

He is a phenomenal talent. He is needs to improve his defending but he is eighteen. Where was Ashley Cole or Roberto Carlos at that age?

His crossing is outrageously good, and he can dribble nearly as well as Clichy. He can strike a ball ferociously. Believe me the kid is talent personified.

Wenger let Traore down today, he made it nigh on impossible for him to defend his flank.

i also watched traore, and am sorry but traore looked competant today- not he finished article but i could see he could have what it takes....senderos wouldnt have played any better if he was in a coma...and gilberto might as well of already been in juventus- all he did in the first half was give seville goal scoring opportunities

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 5
Toure 6
Senderos 4
Traore 5
Hoyte 6
Gilberto 5
Denilson 6
Fabregas 5
Eboue 5
Eduardo 6
Bendtner 7

Sagna 5
Rosicky 5
Walcott N/A

Illusion

Established Member
arsmile said:
ricky1985 said:
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
arsmile said:
Illusion said:
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Touré 6
Senderos 5
Traore 4
Eboue 7
Gilberto 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 7

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Theo 7

senderos>traore?????

i also watched traore, and am sorry but traore looked competant today- not he finished article but i could see he could have what it takes....senderos wouldnt have played any better if he was in a coma...and gilberto might as well of already been in juventus- all he did in the first half was give seville goal scoring opportunities

I am not judging Traore on todays game, I think Traore is great, but he was way out of his depth today. I simply don't see how people can say Senderos was worse than Traore, they are just focusing on Senderos as a scapegoat.

Based upon todays performance, Traore didn't look competent, however, I know better than to judge him on one game, I've seen him play many times and he's much better than his performance tonight showed.

It's important to remember though that Traore was under massive pressure from two excellent right sided players, Navas and Alves. These two have terrorised better left backs than Traore, left backs who actually had midfield protection, something Traore was without for almost all of this game.

henry79

almunia- 5 can never be a match winning goal keeper

hoyte - 5

toure- 6 was not himself cannot blame him!!!!

senderos- 1 abysmal
god help us in january when toure is gone to ANC was abysmal today.

traore- 2 out of his depth

eboue- 6

denilson- 5 cannot be fabregas

gilberto - 2 poor performance from a man who wanted to claim his place in the first team.

fabregas- 5 didnt have the best of games but wasnt helped by him playing high up the pitch

eduardo- 6 poor defensively didnt protect traore who had all the time 2 man on him.

bendtner -8 MOTM better player than adebayor lead the line very well nd had a nice assist.

sub

rosicky- 5 no impact
sagna- 6
walcott- 5

banduan

Established Member
How do you rate how the centre back does when the defensive midfielder in front of him is half in dreamland?

How do you rate how the attacking full-back does if the winger in front of him is a forward with no defensive instinct, and thus he has to be a flat left-back?

How do you rate a goalkeeper when his defense still have the heebie-jeebies?

Dragon181

A little late, but I needed to collect my thoughts and stop being angry before giving an unbiased rating.

Almunia - 5 Were the goals his fault? No. But could he have saved them? At least the first two. The third goal made me wish Mad Jens was in goal.

Hoyte - 5 Did he do anything? Not really. Poor showing.

Kolo - 6 The second goal, if it was anyone's fault, it was Kolo's (although that's not entirely fair to him). He played decently well on a night most players played like crap.

Senderos - 4 I think he has the potential to be a decent backup player, but this game sure showed a lot of his weaknesses (clumsiness, lack of pace, and he lost a few headers too). The first goal was his fault, no doubt. And he had a piss poor night. But to be fair, this was his first game back from injury.

Traore - 4 Another piss poor performance, IMHO. Dani Alves and Navas both ate him up. He showed every bit of his age and inexperience, only showing brief glances at his so-called great potential. I was unimpressed.

Denilson - 5 I know I was harsh on him for the Slavia Prague game, but this game was another stinker for me. He could've been sent off for his challenge (which earned him a yellow) and was missing for most of the game.

Gilberto - 5 He had a few weak passes in the back that almost led to goals and had his a** saved by Kolo. At times looked comfortable, at others looked completely overmatched. He needs to prove why he belongs in Arsenal in the next few weeks. This game didn't help his cause.

Fabregas - 6,5 Good for when he was in the game (1st half and a bit of 2nd half). Showed a lot of hard work and continues to play well. But since it was a bad game for everyone, his rating suffers a bit too.

Eboue - 7 Besides the playacting and the dives, he played very well. Made good runs, had a few good crosses and really pulled his weight. I suspect that some of the 'fouls' committed against him weren't real, but he did have a good shout for a penalty. It's a shame he dives so much - if he didn't, he would definitely have gotten that penalty.

Bendtner - 7,5 By far the best player on the pitch - MOTM. His cross led to the Eduardo goal, and he played very well in general. I hope we keep him.

Eduardo - 7 Good goal, and hard working throughout the game. The little man stood his own against Dani Alves for the most part.

Rosicky - 6 Alright when he came on.

Sagna - N/A

Walcott - N/A

Almunia - 6: Can't really blame him for the goals, but didn't look too confident (but then again, who would given that defense)
Hoyte - 5.5: Decent. Didn't do too much wrong, but didn't do great either.
Touré - 6.5: Tried to get the team started, but couldn't do much. Let down by his partners
Senderos - 2: Absolutely f***ing horrendous. Didn't win a single header, miskicked the ball quite a bit, gave the ball away at the back, and caught the ball for no f***ing reason. This is the first time I'm swearing on this forum, so that kinda shows how annoyed I am with him.
Traore - 5.5: Did alright. Got drawn into the center a bit, but I think that's mainly because he had to cover for Senderos. Didn't have an easy game against Navas and Alves, but did decently.
Eboue - 6: Would have been 7 if not for the play-acting. Really needs to improve his attitude.
Gilberto - 4: Almost as bad as Senderos. His head just isn't in it. Showed today why Flamini is ahead of him in the team selection.
Denilson - 6: Decent. Didn't do too much, but at least he didn't screw up.
Fabregas - 5.5: Didn't see much of him. Capable of so much better.
Eduardo - 6.5: Very well taken goal. Worked hard, but ended up isolating Traore (yes, I think he was meant to be on the left)
Bendtner - 7: Showed good touch and good strength. Great cross for our goal as well.

Rosicky - 6: Couldn't really get going.
Sagna - 5.5: Average after coming on. Didn't add too much going forward, and wasn't as solid as usual at the back.
Theo - 6.5: Looked bright. It's a pity he wasn't on longer.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom