• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sevilla V Arsenal - Tuesday November 27 - 7.45pm

Shredder

I'm definitely in the play-the-reserves camp for this one. I think you have to be a little cynical here and look at the fact that we've already qualified. Picking up injuries and wearing people down in a match like this is incredibly unnecessary.

Rest as many as you can while it's still possible. We've got three league games away from home in one week coming up after this match. Save the champagne for then.

Zico

Established Member
Rohit said:
I don't think Wenger should tinker too much for this game, we can beat them and clinch first place and then we can rest our whole first team for the last game.

Makes perfect sense. Let's have a rested team against Chelsea (without Essien) and teach Cashley and his cohorts a lesson.

Rohit

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Rohit said:
I don't think Wenger should tinker too much for this game, we can beat them and clinch first place and then we can rest our whole first team for the last game.

Makes perfect sense. Let's have a rested team against Chelsea (without Essien) and teach Cashley and his cohorts a lesson.

True if we draw this one we end up needing to win our last game and we won't we able to rest any of our players, we lose this and we end up playing a big team in the last 16. Our next game is an evening kick off at Villa on Saturday, we have time after tomorrow, we should play our strongest team.

tam1886

Established Member
Clichy isn't rested, he is injured, although he is expected to be fit to face Villa. Good thing as well, because we are going to need someone like him against Agbonlahor. It's a thigh injury

Gael Clichy will miss the Group H clash after suffering a thigh injury during Saturday's 2-0 win against Wigan. The French left back is expected to be fit to face Aston Villa at the weekend but his place is expected to go to Justin Hoyte or Armand Traore in Spain.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... or+Sevilla

qs

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Rohit said:

Lets have a rested team against Villa away too. Cos its a very, very ****ing tough fixture.

Smudeagle

To be honest I don't think Arsène will make too many changes. Maybe Diarra or Bert will come in for Flamini but I still think the side will look fairly similar to that which plays in the Premier League:

Almunia
Sagna Toure Senderos Traore
Eboue Gilberto Cesc Rosicky
Bendtner Walcott

Lehman
Hoyte
Denilson
Diarra
Flamini
Eduardo
Song.

I know Wenger has said he will rotate the squad but can we really see Song holding down centre-half in the Champions League while Big Kolo sits on the bench. Hoyte steaming down the right flank when he can't even get a spot on the bench?

Personally I think the changes Wenger is likely to make are either Diarra-Bert or Cesc-Bert in central midfield and maybe Eduardo coming in up top. I suppose it is possible that he will play three in central midfield (any three from Diarra, Cesc, Denilson, Bert I suspect) and try and get Eduardo and Theo supporting Nicklas from wider areas... Wenger has seemed to show a penchant for playing five in midfield in Europe, especially away from home.

Nice to see Wenger coming out and saying Bendtner's productive little cameo against Wigan has earned him a chance:

"Nicklas Bendtner will start - I want to give him a chance."

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... or+Sevilla

Wenger14

Established Member
Almunia
Diarra Toure Senderos Hoyte
Eboue Gilberto Denilson Walcott
Bendtner Eduardo

Lehmann Song Sagna Traore Flamini Fabregas Rosicky

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
sevilla is struggling terribly. we would do well to win away against them

scruzgooner

Wenger14 said:
Almunia
Diarra Touré Senderos Hoyte
Eboue Gilberto Denilson Walcott
Bendtner Eduardo

Lehmann Song Sagna Traore Flamini Fabregas Rosicky

i am down with this. though i'd swing adebayor on the bench rather than song.

giuliob

Hope Wenger fields a strong team.......Sevilla is not a pushover ....They are playing at home, are reigning UEFA Cup champs, have something to prove.......As someone mentioned earlier, we killed Prague at home and didn't score away (weather conditions were lousy, but just an excuse...) We win this one and then the 12/12 date against Bucharest can be a Carling Cup lineup.......Good to hear that Bendtner will start......

the dawn raids

Established Member
i want eduardo starting with bendtner; id like to see if they can form some sort of continuous chemistry after they both played well against sheff united at bramall lane.

AliBabaBrewer

My only worry is we lose our great no-loss-in-any-competition record because of playing Senderos and Traore at the back. I'd actually bring back Gilberto to play behind Fabregas to help them out.

Not only does it give him a game he deserves, but also helps out a new back line against good opposition.

tam1886

Established Member
Looking at the squad, I think it'll look something more like

---------------Almunia

Sagna---Toure---Senderos---Hoyte

Eboue--Denilson--Gilberto--Rosicky

---------Bendtner--Eduardo

I just don't see Traore starting a CL game yet, no matter how much promise he has shown, while Hoyte doesnt play.

Senderos is obviously going to be the CB with Gallas not travelling, and probably Sagna at RB. I'm thinking we may see Diarra at RB with Gilberto taking the midfield role. His experience will be vital against such a good team, and for this game I think he is the better option than Diarra. I think Diarra may be a little strong in the tackle just now. Some of the tackles he made on Saturday would bring freekicks in the CL I think.

The wings and forwards pick themselves really.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I must say I'm bit affraid of this one.
We can't lose. Beeing 2nd in the group is not good. I would have any fear for our "reserves", but they didn't have a good, Arsenal way, game in Prague. Yes, it was mud and rain, but still.
I would be happy with the draw, and even happier with the victory of course.
It is broadcast on Croatian TV, so I hope we do as good as we can.
My prediction is a draw, but I hope and pray for a win.
Oh, and we still didn't concede, I hope we manage to get a clean sheet also tomorrow.
GO GUNNERS!

gstew

I get every game in the US, but am traveling in Costa Rica right now. On DishNetwork here they are showing ManU and Barca games. I found a bar that gets Sky, but it doesn't say which game they will be airing. Does anyone know which Sky channel broadcasts to Central America and If they will be showing the Arsenal match?

Asterix

Established Member
It might be a good idea to keep Diarra and Denilson together in the midfield after their promising start together against Wigan. Bert can play at CB as Senderos may not be match fit yet. Eboue and Rosicky on the flanks, with Eduardo dropping deeper off Bendtner.

Although the five man midfield may re-appear as suggested above.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom