• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 309,550
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes mustafi on 90k his next club won't give him more than 50k that's why most of our players stick here. But if Lazio can give us 10m confident he'll be sold they capable of giving him close what he currently earn

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm fine with letting him see out his contact here if no-one comes in for him. Since Arteta has been here he's probably been our most consistent centre back.

Ideally you'd like to move him on for a bit of cash / squad place though.

6gunner

Yes mustafi on 90k his next club won't give him more than 50k that's why most of our players stick here. But if Lazio can give us 10m confident he'll be sold they capable of giving him close what he currently earn
True. The good thing about him having one year left on his contract is if they are willing to give him 3-4 years on a new one, even at lower wages, he'll still come out ahead money wise.

Malky

Established Member
Just seen how much Mustafi is actually paid here, yeah no chance he's giving that up for half the amount an Italian club would offer. **** sake, man, why do we always over pay such average players :frustrated:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just seen how much Mustafi is actually paid here, yeah no chance he's giving that up for half the amount an Italian club would offer. **** sake, man, why do we always over pay such average players :frustrated:
Our payroll just wants to make me cry. We are paying some really average players a fortune.

Goonger

The Italian team wouldn't have to pay him the same as we do for Mustafi for him to get the same take home pay, as they would get more favourable tax rates over there.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Its the clubs fault for signing him and giving him a contract, but it really makes you wonder about the mentality of some of these players. He is in the prime of his career, and is happy with being 6th choice center back.

No wonder we have been so bad over the years with players with this mentality.

He was a starter before his injury here though and not 6th choice.. He might think he'll get a lot of playing time when he gets back too.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Probably worth keeping for a year. He's better than Chambers and Holding as a cb as well. That said, he's not pulled up any trees whilst here, has less than a year left on his deal and isn't a starter. If a 10m offer comes in, we should take it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
His largest contribution in the WC in all honesty was to get injured, making Loew move Lahm back to right back and Germany’s play finally clicking again.

Yeah, didnt they drop BFG as well? I mean no disrespect because they played their part but it’s not like Per/Mustafi were important to the side those final matches.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's not going anywhere. No club in their right mind would pay him 90kpw especially after paying a transfer fee.

I miss the days when footballers were desperate for playing time especially when the Euro was around the corner.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He's not going anywhere. No club in their right mind would pay him 90kpw especially after paying a transfer fee.

I miss the days when footballers were desperate for playing time especially when the Euro was around the corner.
I also think he`ll stay but if a club offers him a deal of 65K a week for four years it could still make sense for him as he has only one year left at Arsenal and will almost certainly not be offered a new deal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I also think he`ll stay but if a club offers him a deal of 65K a week for four years it could still make sense for him as he has only one year left at Arsenal and will almost certainly not be offered a new deal.
He will wait till his current deal expire before leaving because he will get a nice sign in fee.

If he leaves this summer, no way he gets that. He knows he'll never get into the German squad for the Euros, so he might as well milk as much wage as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom