• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
If his wage is 90k per week, probably right because of his age/experience then it isn’t a disaster just to have him off the books. Maybe not a coincidence there has been a backtrack over Holding at the same time.

No way Napoli get him for free, atleast 3M, we really need that money to fund Aoaur I still rate him as a defender and we need him for Cup games, stupid team.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
disappointed if we are losing him on a free. he contributed and was a decent defender.

but other clubs aren't stupid.

every other team knows, that he is like the 8th choice here at the moment and we want to get rid of him so we don't have to cover his wages for another year. Especially for a player we will not use next summer.

in addition he is already 32 and it's his last year. We should be happy, that he wants to join Napoli instead of waiting one year. At the end it is more important to save his wage, than get a 3m fee. There will not be many offers for him this season, so we have to accept it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

disappointed if we are losing him on a free. he contributed and was a decent defender.

He was decent first, but I seem remember a few Mustafi-moments later where he passed to the opposition etc.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

but other clubs aren't stupid.

every other team knows, that he is like the 8th choice here at the moment and we want to get rid of him so we don't have to cover his wages for another year. Especially for a player we will not use next summer.

in addition he is already 32 and it's his last year. We should be happy, that he wants to join Napoli instead of waiting one year. At the end it is more important to save his wage, than get a 3m fee. There will not be many offers for him this season, so we have to accept it.
I'm disappointed but yes I'd be annoyed keeping him and not using him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Absolutely pathetic if we've given him away. We got 3 or 4m for a 33 year old, often injured Koscielny. Giving away Sokratis would be tragic. Expecting to hear that a fee was involved over the coming days.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Absolutely pathetic if we've given him away. We got 3 or 4m for a 33 year old, often injured Koscielny. Giving away Sokratis would be tragic. Expecting to hear that a fee was involved over the coming days.

Would you rather him stay here or go on a free? Nobody is paying money for him

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would you rather him stay here or go on a free? Nobody is paying money for him

Based on what? It appears as though Napoli have chased Sokratis rather than us being desperate to get rid. There are plenty of teams that would pay for an experienced cb like Sokratis. Napoli have just paid 70m for a striker. If they want Sokratis, they should be paying for him. I'm sure other Serie A teams would.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Based on what? It appears as though Napoli have chased Sokratis rather than us being desperate to get rid. There are plenty of teams that would pay for an experienced cb like Sokratis. Napoli have just paid 70m for a striker. If they want Sokratis, they should be paying for him. I'm sure other Serie A teams would.

Based on nobody making any offers for him. You cant blame the club for something that can't happen.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Based on nobody making any offers for him. You cant blame the club for something that can't happen.
Offering money for an experienced international player thats played for top teams in Italy, Germany & England is unreasonable?
Spending 70 million on an unproven striker is unreasonable, 3-5 million for Sokratis is not.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Offering money for an experienced international player thats played for top teams in Italy, Germany & England is unreasonable?
Spending 70 million on an unproven striker is unreasonable, 3-5 million for Sokratis is not.

In four months time he can sign a pre contract with teams and we pay him £4.8M for the year.

So even if he's gone for free we have saved almost 5 million and managed to nick a spot back for a non homegrown player which is important right now.

roz

Fake News Merchant
In four months time he can sign a pre contract with teams and we pay him £4.8M for the year.

So even if he's gone for free we have saved almost 5 million and managed to nick a spot back for a non homegrown player which is important right now.
Its a long season, we almost always lose CBs to injury. You dont just give players away unless its an Özil situation. He has pedigree, wait and see if a team comes in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom