• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It was a rookie mistake from Arteta not to play Sokratis at all from the restart. Now, if he's going to be involved in the final he won't have games under his belt and might make some costly errors.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It was a rookie mistake from Arteta not to play Sokratis at all from the restart. Now, if he's going to be involved in the final he won't have games under his belt and might make some costly errors.
Not really though. Maybe he should have got some mins v Watford but other than that we’ve been more than ok without him

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Not really though. Maybe he should have got some mins v Watford but other than that we’ve been more than ok without him
I'm sure those 5 penalties Luiz conceded + his red card or Kola's dumb mistakes will disagree with you.
The fact that he didn't even try him in that back 3 to see how he works signals he has an agenda against him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s a bit odd he hasn’t got a look in, he’s no worse than the others.
Mustafi and Luiz is our best pairing at the moment but after that, you’d think he would have got the odd game here and there.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'm sure those 5 penalties Luiz conceded + his red card or Kola's dumb mistakes will disagree with you.
The fact that he didn't even try him in that back 3 to see how he works signals he has an agenda against him.
Guess he just doesn’t rate him and if we want rid of him in the summer them him being injured like Mustafi is no good to us. We have been much better defensively overall without Papa in the team so Im willing to trust Arteta’s judgement on this one.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Arise! Arise Sokratis of Greece! Attackers shall be shaken! Bones shall be splintered! A glory day! A red day! And theeen you will get soooooooold!!

PAPAAAAA!

tenor.gif

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Could be one of the three that refused to take a pay cut...

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ffs, so much for his words of him leaving if he doesnt get playing time.

That's probably before he realised that the clubs that would take him would be paying him about about 70% less than hes getting now. Why would you do that to yourself when you know in a couple of years your earning days are over.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He obviously realised what his options are and is doing what he feels is best for himself and his family which is completely fair..

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
He's on around 90k a week here? Can't blame him for not walking away from a £4.5m contract to end up with about half that at a new club.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Yeah, thats fair. Just that i respect the whole "if i dont play, i leave" mentality.
I get where you are coming from but things change personally. I know he has not played since the restart but maybe he does want to to fight,or he s happy with London life etc. I never saw that quote he made but that is typical footballer quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom