• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton v Arsenal- Fa cup 4th round- 17:30 Sat 28th 2017

The outcome?

• Win for us

• A capitulation by us

• Or energy sapping, schedule packing replay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglist57

Established Member
Its high time we showed them how worthless and **** their football really is. Liverpool tonight should help knacker them out nicely. I predict a win for us, 3-1.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Don't think w'll see Özil or Sanchez this weekend........that more than cancels out the Van Dijk injury. (big blow for Southampton though).

This will be a tough one for us I forsee, although, you imagine Southampton will be going all out against Liverpool this evening so maybe they might be tired come Saturday.

If we do win it'll be a scrappy 2-1 or something like that.

trippyhippy

van djik injured is a huge plus along with them selling fonte means we have a better chance than ever to get rid of this hoodoo they have over us. i still wouldnt be surprised to see us lose especially if they get knocked out by Liverpool in the efl they will want to target this cup instead.

I would go

Ospina
bellerin Gabriel mustafi Gibbs
coquelin ramsey
perez iwobi ox
Welbeck

need to rest Özil and Sanchez as much as we can before the Chelsea and Bayern games. if they get injured then our season is over.
also after we lose to chelsea away wenger will say we were physically jaded due to our schedule, i am calling it now.

Malky

Established Member
Never that confident playing this lot but with Van Dijk out it goes in our favour in a big way.
I agree with @trippyhippy starting 11.
Özil, Sanchez, Koscielny, Monreal, Giroud and Cech will be rested for this. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Holding partners Mustafi at CB with Bellerin coming back in at RB. lack of numbers at CM, so Coq/Ramsey will get time before Chelsea and Welbeck will likely play CF.
Hopefully Ospina and Welbeck have big performances in this game, not just for the win but to give Wenger something to consider in the long run.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Love the hyperbolic voting options at the start of this thread :mad::confused::cool:

No chance we can lose by a narrow margin, we have to capitulate, bottle it, f***up, give up, lose heart, show no leadership.

Draw? Nah. Ruin our season with an energy sapping failure of mammoth proportions.

Only an epic win can save Wenger from eternal damnation. Stay tuned for the roast on the coast folks. :lol:

Ewarwoowar

Guilty:( Side effects of Hyperbolic steroids, over bloating and constipation(full of ****) is a given, other wise known as Liver poo syndrome!:lol:

Last edited:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
he is good defender will join a top 6 club next season
dont rate him as highly as some of you, i would say Michael keane is an more interesting prospect.

the guy is hyped because he looks confortable in the ball, just as Stones...

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Not that we have much choice but I think both Coq and Ramsey have enough stamina to play against Southampton, Watford and Chelsea.

My concern is that Ramsey is not known for his ability to transition defense into attack, but for providing options during the attack. I think Özil, Sanchez or Iwobi (or all three) will have to come deeper for the ball, and that's gonna seriously hamper our offensive play and make us easier to press. It's hard for us to score goals against a well rehearsed Southampton defense at the best of times.

But you never know, maybe either Ramsey or Coq will surprise me. They are, after all, two players not guaranteed a start this season. Maybe they play their socks off.
Unfortunately their very best is at best possibly sufficient, but it just isn't the most suitable partnership. We well get played off the park by Soton academy

Ewarwoowar

Those hoping for Liverpool to run them ragged must be disappointed thus far, half-time Liverpool almost 70% of the ball, no real pace, Hampton having the better chances, if they had a striker pool would be over already.

Optimistic

I don't know why, but I have a strange feeling Wenger is gonna stick with pretty much the same team as vs Preston, with the obvious exception of Coq in place of Xhaka. Not saying that would be my ideal lineup, but that's how I think it's gonna go.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I don't know why, but I have a strange feeling Wenger is gonna stick with pretty much the same team as vs Preston, with the obvious exception of Coq in place of Xhaka. Not saying that would be my ideal lineup, but that's how I think it's gonna go.
I think so too, they should be more up for this one though so complacency shouldn't be an issue.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

That would be a decent shout, I think Gibbs would come in seeing as he's fit again though. Maybe Holding in for Mustafi now that he's played himself back into the first 11 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom