• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton v Arsenal- Fa cup 4th round- 17:30 Sat 28th 2017

The outcome?

• Win for us

• A capitulation by us

• Or energy sapping, schedule packing replay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

Isn't your gender famed for multitasking? Surely this trifle thing can't be much of an ask to worry about in addition to more important things, just slide it down the queue :lol:
Ha ha multi-tasking becoming the thing of the past unless you include, remote in one hand, moby in the other, cheap plonk on drip and the ability to whine at the same time. (enter the white knights):lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Full strength team please. No need to rest anyone given that this takes the place of a regular league fixture and we really need to get some positive momentum going.

Don't make me hate you Wenger, you've already bottled it against Southampton once this season.
We do have Watford at home on Tuesday and then Chelsea on the following weekend. He'll rotate for sure but should still be a very strong team.

blaise

We need to give our best to win, need the momentum now with two more wins before Chelsea, just play smart, no need for rushing of anykind, hopefully Perez starts, think Welbeck will get at least 30 minutes, maybe even a start, Giroud probably sits one out.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can see this going to a replay, and then penalty shootout

Not what we want but exciting to watch

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Think we'll see how Southampton fare against Liverpool. If they go through rightly they may choose not to focus on the Fa cup with a place in a final already. If they go out then given they're safe in the league they may go all out after being beaten at the semis in another cup.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Next few weeks can make or break the season. Don't want to be too negative, but I just can't see a decent CL run coming up and should we lose this game and the Chelsea game our season is effectively over. Race for CL places all over again.

Let's hope we amaze ourselves.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Ospina
Gabriel Holding Mustafi Gibbs
Coquelin Ox
Jeff Iwobi Perez
Welbeck

Subs
Ramsey, Özil, Giroud, Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles, Martinez

Last edited:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
This isn't the EFL Cup lad, some of us actually want to win this!

That 11 is perfectly capable of winning the game, just as the first choice 11 is perfectly capable of losing it lad.

Generally, most people really don't give two sh1ts if Arsenal win the FA Cup I'm afraid. You can see that by how quickly the entitled supporters got on Wenger's back after the two recent FA Cup wins. Arsenal should continue to focus on the league (where they should still get top 4 but it will be tough and they'll need to maintain their form, and maybe pressure Chelsea if they get good form) and Champions League.

I could see a case for playing Ramsey at CM to keep his form and gel with Coq. However, Rambo is hugely injury prone and just about due another hamstring - him at CM (given Cazorla's absence) is absolutely essential for Arsenal's attempts to push out of the 'same old' rut they are in. Ox is probably third choice CM until Xhaka's suspension is over so he should be given game time there.

I could see a case for Özil - as he was out with illness. Still, I'd rather see Iwobi given another chance in that position.

Bellerin was rushed back previously when Mustafi went down, and he subsequently had a set back - no use rushing him back now. Alexis needs rest, the dude has been playing constantly for years.

Lucas and Welbz are important options who deserve game time. Jeff is an excellent young talent who is highly capable of performing at this level. Any options that offer the possibility of permanently benching Walcott should be pursued.

Plenty of quality on the bench if the game needs changing - Ramsey, Özil, Giroud, Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles, Martinez

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey Coq
Özil
Perez Alexis Iwobi/Ox

Hopefully the runs of Perez can relieve Özil of some of his attacking duties to act as a distributor.

We should only rotate on the margins for this one and the Watford game, give a good performance and a win to keep this new born momentum going before Chelsea.

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Coq Oxlade
Özil
Perez Alexis Iwobi

We are due a win at St Mary since a while and would help us to face this fixture in the league with confidence.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They were excellent against Liverpool, and should have won by a bigger margin. This is going to be a tough test. As much as I love the FA Cup, and as much as it is probably our best chance for silverware, it is perhaps no disaster to go out. With our league and European commitments, the FA Cup is probably the least of our concerns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom