• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's nice to go and say we need to get of everyone but we know that won't happen more than 50% of these good for nothing bums will be here.

It's going to be difficult long rebuild because all these c**ts on high wages

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In an ideal world this is who stays in the squad by the end of the transfer season before 22/23 season.

Leno
Saliba
Tierney
Nelson*
Pepe
Saka
Martinelli
ESR*

*Presumes there's reasonable development

That's it. Might have forgotten someone young.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's nice to go and say we need to get of everyone but we know that won't happen more than 50% of these good for nothing bums will be here.

It's going to be difficult long rebuild because all these c**ts on high wages
So we can't get rid of them, but we could just.......not play them. We can do it when Özil decides he can't be bothered for an away day, why not for the rest of the bums?

We're already low down the table and losing. We're most likely not getting relegated and we won't reach Europe. What do we have to lose?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So we can't get rid of them, but we could just.......not play them. We can do it when Özil decides he can't be bothered for an away day, why not for the rest of the bums?

We're already low down the table and losing. We're most likely not getting relegated and we won't reach Europe. What do we have to lose?
No i mean in summer because i don't want most of them in the squad next year. There still some winnable games in our fixture Norwich Watford and Villa so let's at least try get to 50 points before finishing this season

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We need to start again.

Leno, Salibah, Tierney, Saka, Willock, ESR, Martinelli, Pepe and Auba are the only players I would miss if sold.

Bellerin, Mari, Xhaka or Torreria, Nelson and Nketiah are worth keeping.

I'd sell most of the rest and bring in 4 or 5 established players from this league: the likes of Ake, Dunk, Zaha, Dacoure even Grealish if he's affordable.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In an ideal world this is who stays in the squad by the end of the transfer season before 22/23 season.

Leno
Saliba
Tierney
Nelson*
Pepe
Saka
Martinelli
ESR*

We should really focus on these players even if that means dropping Laca, Auba, Özil, Xhaka... This season is finished and I'd like to see something like

Eddie - Martinelli

Saka - AMN - Torreira - Pepe

Tierney - Holding - Mustafi - Bob

Rotation: Douzi, Willock and Nelson.

For next season we could add ESR and Saliba to this group and maybe some new guy from the market.

That's what I would expect from a manager who had enough of it and wants to start from scratch instead of making something out of this mess.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
No i mean in summer because i don't want most of them in the squad next year. There still some winnable games in our fixture Norwich Watford and Villa so let's at least try get to 50 points before finishing this season
I know what you meant :lol: - still, either this season or next, not playing them should be a strong option.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Leno
Saliba
Tierney
Nelson*
Pepe
Saka
Martinelli
ESR*

Id keep Doozi and Holding also.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'm pretty much not sold on Guendouzi anymore. The issue I have with Holding is, like Chambers he can't consistently stay fit
Alot of people forget how good Holding was pre injury. With Douzi he needs a proper coach imo

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Honestly the only Arsenal players I highly rate are Leno, Saliba, Tierney, Aubameyang, Saka, Martinelli and Pepe. Only these players I'm very happy to have

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Saliba
Tierney
Nelson*
Pepe
Saka
Martinelli
ESR*

Would you keep Torreira?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Another huge problem in our squad is our lack of goals from throughout the team, this makes for incredible reading.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Another huge problem in our squad is our lack of goals from throughout the team, this makes for incredible reading.
What exactly is this post about? How can you talk about goals when we can't create chances at all?
We first need to find a way to create more chances and only then we can talk about goals. Even if you clone Auba 3 times we would still struggle to score

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What exactly is this post about? How can you talk about goals when we can't create chances at all?
We first need to find a way to create more chances and only then we can talk about goals. Even if you clone Auba 3 times we would still struggle to score

Well if you have midfielders capable of getting into positions where they can score and capable of finishing chances then you're more likely to score more goals. It seems as tho none of our midfielders have that knack of making a 3rd man run. Like I can never in a million years envisage the likes of Guendouzi or Ceballos becoming a significant goal threat no matter how much better we become a creating chances.

Also maybe it is a case of us as a team being better at creating chances for our midfielders the score. But the bottom line is if you've only got 1 goal from midfield with 30 games played then you're not doing anything significant.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Well if you have midfielders capable of getting into positions where they can score and capable of finishing chances then you're more likely to score more goals. It seems as tho none of our midfielders have that knack of making a 3rd man run. Like I can never in a million years envisage the likes of Guendouzi or Ceballos becoming a significant goal threat no matter how much better we become a creating chances.

Also maybe it is a case of us as a team being better at creating chances for our midfielders the score. But the bottom line is if you've only got 1 goal from midfield with 30 games played then you're not doing anything significant.
I honestly don't think that would happen even if we would have Ramsey back. We don't have players that can do the basics like making simple passes, controlling the ball against bottom-half teams etc. Only when we can do the basics, we can start creating chances, and when we start creating chances, we should look at how to finish them.

Watching our last 2 games, some of the players like Bellerin and Mustafi can't pass the ball at all. That's a basic thing for every football player. Until our defensive players can't pass the ball to midfielders, and midfielders can't pass it to creative players, we can't move anywhere. We can't achieve any fluency in our play when Mustafi and Bellerin lose the ball every time they touch it, and that's only a basic first step of our play.
We are so far away from having any fluency in our game and creating chances that it's laughable atm to even talk about scoring goals.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Leno
Bellerin
Saliba
New CB 24-27. Experience but not past it
Tierney
Pepe
Xhaka
New CM
Saka
Martinelli/Nelson
New Striker under 25 years old.

Martinez
Chambers/Holding
Guendouzi
Eddie
Torreria if still here
And a few others.

This team is nothing more than a mid table team on paper. However with coaching and a positive attitude and maybe abit if desire could get 6th/7th with the right additions. If every year this team develops a little and we can add one or two additions this team should be peaking at times when possibly other teams have to rebuild.

I said it ages ago but if we cant outspend our rivals and we cant attract the top players we need to identify players at 18-19-20. Get them in offer them development and show them we are the perfect stepping stone.

We have to change the whole philosophy of the club. The whole mentality is wrong. Arteta has had 3 months doing 1 to 1 meetings with players. He should know who wants to stay and who is open to leaving.

Anyone who doubts Arsenal and his plans out. Simple as. If you have to give them away do so. You save on wages and save on wasting time on someone who isnt buying into your process.

That's why I said no Europa League would be good. We need a reduced squad. With 20 players it should be enough to play once a week. We dont need a squad of 25-26 with 5 or 6 of those players just being there for numbers.

Another thing we need to do is look at the championship. We are not too good for it. Theres plenty of young players between 18-22 who can make the step up to a mid table PL team and kick on from there.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom