• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Balboa

The purge continues a pace....

17/18
---------
Walcott
Giroud
Debuchy
Gibbs
Coquelin
Gabriel
Sanogo
Szczesny
Alexis
Ox

18/19
---------
Wilshere
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Cazorla
Mertesacker
Jeff

19/20
---------
Cech
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Welbeck
Suarez
Ospina
Bielik
Asano
Koscielny
Iwobi
Jenkinson
Bramall
Elneny
Monreal
Mhkitarayan

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

17/18
---------
Walcott
Giroud
Debuchy
Gibbs
Coquelin
Gabriel
Sanogo
Szczesny
Alexis
Ox

18/19
---------
Wilshere
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Cazorla
Mertesacker
Jeff

19/20
---------
Cech
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Welbeck
Suarez
Ospina
Bielik
Asano
Koscielny
Iwobi
Jenkinson
Bramall
Elneny
Monreal
Mhkitarayan

xhaka, Özil, bellerin, mustafi and AMN next.

Toast

Established Member

17/18
---------
Walcott
Giroud
Debuchy
Gibbs
Coquelin
Gabriel
Sanogo
Szczesny
Alexis
Ox

18/19
---------
Wilshere
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Cazorla
Mertesacker
Jeff

19/20
---------
Cech
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Welbeck
Suarez
Ospina
Bielik
Asano
Koscielny
Iwobi
Jenkinson
Bramall
Elneny
Monreal
Mhkitarayan

:drool:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I think i'm gonna turn full heel on here.

Mkitharyan and Monreals lack of performances are due to age I reckon, Lost that pep in their step.

But Mustafi, Özil and Xhaka (and Torreira) are mismanaged both during Wenger and Emery.
And Guendozi to, he gets cred for the wrong stuff imo and it leads him down the wrong path.

Mustafi and Xhaka makes mistakes but only Mustafi has paid for it (and a season too late)

Players became too complacent. There is no accountability. And this is down to management

We are not playing like we should mentallity and formation wise, both Wenger and Emery are guilty of this.
We dont defend as a team.

We are playing players where they shouldnt be played.

Would you blame Leno of he had to play striker?

ASIF

We are a winger short before we had Iwobi as our lone 1st team winger now we have just Pepe although it's a upgrade but we still need to buy one more hopefully in January with 35 plus million we got for Iwobi plus all the deadwood gone.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We are a winger short before we had Iwobi as our lone 1st team winger now we have just Pepe although it's a upgrade but we still need to buy one more hopefully in January with 35 plus million we got for Iwobi plus all the deadwood gone.

Time would be right to make a Zaha move, his value has plummeted already and we won’t face much competition with Chelsea’s ban still in effect.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

So you wanna sell Auba or Laca?

They have just started to play together with Pepe, give em some time to gel...

Chaoz_Enigma

Pleaseeeeee give chance to Reiss and others like ESR. They are really really quality since their youth team days. Good thing is that the media does not concentrate much on them hence they have chance to develop more(unlike rashford at Utd or Abraham at Chelsea).

For me LW is still a priority, will complete the attack which albeit is improved still seems a bit disjointed with Auba wide left.

I'd agree on Zaha, LW is clearly in need of an upgrade barring Neilson taking off which looks unlikely, if we can get LW upgraded then we can rotate Aub/Laca at centre where they belong.

Pepe clearly belongs at RW, and despite note scoring yet causing havoc, Auba/Laca at CF has goals regardless of who plays, we just need another real LW similar to Pepe i.e Zaha and that forward line will take off.

Other than that CB and CM are the obvious choices where an established, top level player will send us up levels.
In the past, whenever an argument for a top quality option who can also dribble as in the case of Pepe and potentially Zaha, guys here would say that it wouldn't be proper due to balance etc. I also recall Wenger using the excuse to play a CM on the wing which might have rubbed on to fans and AM.
Anyways, what is it that hs changed for guys to jump the balance ship? Pep? Kloop?

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
In the past, whenever an argument for a top quality option who can also dribble as in the case of Pepe and potentially Zaha, guys here would say that it wouldn't be proper due to balance etc. I also recall Wenger using the excuse to play a CM on the wing which might have rubbed on to fans and AM.
Anyways, what is it that hs changed for guys to jump the balance ship? Pep? Kloop?
sanchez, gervinho, nasri

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are sorely lacking a quality CM. Winger is quite stocked in comparision.

Iceman10

Established Member
Depending on how the midfield situation plays out before Hector returns interesting if AMN could find a role in the three.

Only one game but loved him partnering the Ox in that Fa Cup game away at Southampton in 2016. His movement without the ball was excellent & very disciplined.

Just responding to this here, even though it was in a different thread ("tactics"). I agree AMN belongs in CM, and will be very good in CM. This is more reason for us needing another RB to free up AMN, and also to have excellent squad depth. AMN can be CM, and third-choice (emergency) RB.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we’re to compete with Liverpool and City we still need:

2 CBs
2 CMs
1 WF

Of course, these could come from the academy, players on loan or long term absentees such as Holding.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom