• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2022/23

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too many ruthless decisions need to be take with ESR Xhaka and Tierney.

Guys like Lokonga Tavares and Pepe have to be sold as quick as possible sometimes i forgot they still here lol.

We got lot of sales to do next month.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Rebuilding a squad for £445m is easy when you’ve got assets to sell and you have teams like Barca who are eager to pay over the odds for players like Torres, despite their financial crises. Chelsea also paid £50m for Sterling.

They've massively overpaid for players like Grealish and Stones at the time. But they’ve also attracted players on lower fees because of deals in their contracts, like Haaland. Because can offer trophies and we all know pay the highest salary going they will always be the option chosen.

We have no players worth anything before this season.

To add to that, our total squad cost is still far below City’s. We sit 5th and are closer to Newcastle in 6th that’s Liverpool in 4th. Pretty sure this argument used to be on this forum!

We have done exceptionally well this season. City have come where they should.

To be fair to many here, it would be difficult to think as clearly as you are right now.

We are all in pain right now.

But as you say... we have been exceptional this season, and if we continue to make the right moves at the club, we are in for a wonderful few years.

We need to regroup, end the season on a high, take time out and come back stronger.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We have to have someone to displace Jesus. You can't have a 9 offering as little threat as he has these last few crucial matches. Ben White needs to be upgraded on, he's far too hot and cold. Ramsdale pulls off wonder saves but gets bullied in the box and fails to react to the easy ones. He's also clearly got issues concentrating which is the death knell for a keeper. Saliba, Gabriel, Ode, Saka and Martinelli are the core of the team. Everyone else can and should be improved upon. Either this club has a big summer where it's willing to make some hard choices or this season's progress was for nothing and we'll be empty handed again next season. This team needs a lot of external help and internal soul searching.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Too many ruthless decisions need to be take with ESR Xhaka and Tierney.

Guys like Lokonga Tavares and Pepe have to be sold as quick as possible sometimes i forgot they still here lol.

We got lot of sales to do next month.
Yeah, need to ship out a lot of players.

Also got Cedric, Runarsson, AMN, Trusty, Holding, Nketiah, perhaps Balo and ESR.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Also got Cedric, Runarsson, AMN, Trusty, Holding, Nketiah, perhaps Balo and ESR.

Im saddened by the reality of Smith Rowe leaving us to be honest. I really feel he can play a role for us.

But if we want to consistenly perform at this level and more, we need reliable, high quality players. Smith Rowe is quality, but is he quality enough and reliable enough. That is the question for me now.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Yeah there more lol its AMN and Nelson leaving as free agents so no much to worry about Cedric and Runarsson contact will be cancelled

ptrcopp

To be fair to many here, it would be difficult to think as clearly as you are right now.

We are all in pain right now.

But as you say... we have been exceptional this season, and if we continue to make the right moves at the club, we are in for a wonderful few years.

We need to regroup, end the season on a high, take time out and come back stronger.

I can completely understand the pain… think I came to terms with it as soon as we went second 😂

But we do have to be realistic. Only last season we were all screaming for those 3or 4 players to take us to title challengers, which we now have, so we shouldn’t be too upset that we don’t have the 3/4 or take us from title challengers to title winners.

Adding to the point about is being 5th in squad cost, we’re 6th for squad salary, closer to Leicester in 7th (that’s terrifying for them!!!) that we are Sp**s in 5th.

(Also we could still win the league! 😂😂)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I want to see something like this next season or I don't think we're serious:

Martinelli Osimhen (or Hojlund) Saka
Kudus Rice Ode
Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba New RB
Big Mike
Jesus, Trossard, Kiwi, White, Backup LB, Ramsdale, Jorginho, Explosive Winger​

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We only tow midfielders away quality one to be very competitive team. Its very obvious what we should do this summer midfield is vital improving it.

Depth come later

ptrcopp

We only tow midfielders away quality one to be very competitive team. Its very obvious what we should do this summer midfield is vital improving it.

Depth come later

Unfortunately it is depth that has shot us in the foot. Saliba going and not being able to bring on anyone to replace Saka, Xhaka, Ødegaard. (Though maybe ESR could have been trusted more?).

Micah is right when he says the drop in quality from our first XI when subs are on is too big

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately it is depth that has shot us in the foot. Saliba going and not being able to bring on anyone to replace Saka, Xhaka, Ødegaard. (Though maybe ESR could have been trusted more?).

Micah is right when he says the drop in quality from our first XI when subs are on is too big
Depth yes its important but not as midfield because its key area im sure we'll get better depth players Backup RW and backup CB is very obvious once

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Which of our “back up” players do we think are actually at the required level we need? And I mean players that can come in a fit the way we play whilst the team doesn’t really miss a beat.

I think only Tomi and Trossard. I quite like the look of Kiwior as well and think he’ll be in that group.

Outside of those 2/3 we are very short. Eddie’s done well but he’s not a CL level player. KT is a good player but it’s obvious he’s not cut out for the way we currently play. Jorginho has done well but he’s well past his prime and won’t be here for much longer.

ESR and Vieira’s failure to show anything in the second half of the season has been a big blow for us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Which of our “back up” players do we think are actually at the required level we need? And I mean players that can come in a fit the way we play whilst the team doesn’t really miss a beat.

I think only Tomi and Trossard. I quite like the look of Kiwior as well and think he’ll be in that group.

Outside of those 2/3 we are very short. Eddie’s done well but he’s not a CL level player. KT is a good player but it’s obvious he’s not cut out for the way we currently play. Jorginho has done well but he’s well past his prime and won’t be here for much longer.

ESR and Vieira’s failure to show anything in the second half of the season has been a big blow for us.
Trossard and Jorginho only showed me they good enough maybe to be competitive tomi when fit the others basically are not that good.

Eddie was useful but not long term backup nelson the same Tierney good backup but won't ever suit the system and have to be sold. Holding is disaster Vieira too but its his first season.

We basically need 4 depth signing along with tow important midfield signing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Trossard and Jorginho only showed me they good enough maybe to be competitive tomi when fit the others basically are not that good.

Eddie was useful but not long term backup nelson the same Tierney good backup but won't ever suit the system and have to be sold. Holding is disaster Vieira too but its his first season.

We basically need 4 depth signing along with tow important midfield signing.

For me we need four first 11 quality players: one defender, two midfielders and one forward at a minimum.

The more versatile they are the better.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Agree with the two CM shout. Xhaka, Jorginho and Partey need their replacements brought in the summer

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Agree with the two CM shout. Xhaka, Jorginho and Partey need their replacements brought in the summer
All our midfield are 30+ year and lack agility and it'll get worse we need tow young this summer but also tow of current 3 midfielders have to stay

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What’s the ultimate end game with Jesus? If the club commit to him and he’s the main striker till the end of his contract then fine, but you gotta accept he’s not winning any golden boots. Or do you acknowledge what he is and buy a goal scoring no 9.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not gonna make a wishlist here or go into any specifics, but 2 things that are easy to see we struggled with were losing midfield battles against sides who can actually play football and a complete meltdown when Saliba got injured.

With recent rotations Arteta is doing with Partey and Xhaka getting subbed indicating we will see major midfield changes this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What’s the ultimate end game with Jesus? If the club commit to him and he’s the main striker till the end of his contract then fine, but you gotta accept he’s not winning any golden boots. Or do you acknowledge what he is and buy a goal scoring no 9.
There no 30 goals CF available in market. I'd like us continue have multi goal scorers even bayern Munich admire what we doing upfront we can upgrade on Eddie and get better backup. We need better plan B

G.Jesus will give you max 20 goals a season plus like 10 assist for a CF that decent as long Saka and Martinelli continues get us 15 goale in league.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There no 30 goals CF available in market. I'd like us continue have multi goal scorers even bayern Munich admire what we doing upfront we can upgrade on Eddie and get better backup. We need better plan B

G.Jesus will give you max 20 goals a season plus like 10 assist for a CF that decent as long Saka and Martinelli continues get us 15 goale in league.

Osimhen?

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom