• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2022/23

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The club has out invested any club in the top 5 European leagues since Arteta has been at the club. Eventually that’s got to take the team into the top 4. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, it is what it is. And mistakes certainly don’t mean much if you have the luxury of being able to replace them straight away.
Arteta performed on par after two years sub par, compare that to Conte‘s excellent 1st year’s over performance.
A3121841-7-DE5-4-CDC-9-BB5-15-A5-AC1518-E9.jpg
Sp**s have spent 200 million... and they still depend completely on Son and Kane.

ItaBic

If i would be in Arteta , in a situation of full team 100% healthy i would go with:
-----Ramsdale
White (50-50 with Tomi at the moment) -Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney
-----Partey-Zinchenko---
--------Ødegaard---
Saka-----------Martinelli
--------Jesus---------

about other players , i think Nketiah is growing a lot , but with Jesus will not have much space , i would try him sometimes also in other position for see in emergency situation if can also replace Saka or Martinelli. I would prefer him in front of ESR that for future i see more as alternative to Ødegaard if will back at level of first part of last season. i have also big expectation for Vieira but probably will be more season of adaptation for him. hope we can see him soon in some games for valuate how he is. Xhaka had good preseason and i think he gained rights to be on the field , atleast till tierney will be out and Zinchenko play on Tierney role. about defence i think Saliba-Gabriel should be always the central defenders couple. White last year had just a decent season ; he is good player but i think Saliba is by far better

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Come on bro Partey is not world class even when fit, he's the right type of player for sure but miles below the likes of Rodri and Fabinho @Dutch D

more or less agree with the rest.
Missed this one, my bad. Might've gone a bit overboard with the world class, he's indeed behind the two players you mention, but I think he's right in the bracket below them. Not many players who can play 'lone 6' at such a high level in world football. Makes it harder to replace him when the inevitable injury comes. Probably makes sense to go for a player who can play alongside him when fit, and can play in a 4-2-3-1 as a defensive midfielder coupled with Xhaka most likely (so needs to be more mobile, able to turn away from pressure, less need to spray those long balls).

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Replacing TP in the number 6 role is likely to be done through combination work in the middle. What we are likely to see are a combination of players who pass forward, as well as combine to create the space and overloads needed to build out the back.

I'd be looking for a dribbler who can beat his man, and in doing so attract more players and pull the out of position. Someone like a Matheus Nunes for example. Otherwise, go for someone like Paqueta who has got the close control, energy and vision to progress the ball.

On top of this, add an attacker. Ideally left footed to receive the ball in space as Saka does, otherwise a player who is comfortable receiving on that side and can attack the space created. Someone like Michael Olise would be perfect here, more so than Bowen for me. Both would be excellent additions though.

For defense, another defender (left footed) would do nicely. Perhaps Levi Colwill, perhaps Tapsoba. I'd like Levi if we could get him.

Mudi

I was just thinking, Özil with Saka, Martinelli and Jesus while Ramsey on the position of Xhaka and we would have been contenders. A shame that our defense never sorted out and we stuck with Xhaka at the 6.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Can anybody post what's in the article?

The tl:dr is the Captain is Ødegaard with Xhaka and Jesus filling in when needed. They threw a party recently for all permanent staff at the Colney with bbq, paella and music.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Goal Involvements in the premier league so far:

Gabriel Jesus - 5 (Leads the league ahead of Ivan Toney)
Granit Xhaka - 3 (Joined 3rd)
Gabriel Martinelli - 2
Martin Ødegaard - 2
Oleksandr Zinchenko - 1
William Saliba - 1

Nice to once again lead the league in goals scored. :love:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, Saliba, White, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Tierney, Partey, Ødegaard, Xhaka, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Nketiah, Jesus.

15 players I think we can rely on this season, the rest of them are either untested (Turner, Vieira, Marquinhos) or not good enough (Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Nelson).

I’d personally put Lokonga in that last group but I can’t arsed with his ultras on here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For our depth when fully team fit of course Elneny Lokonga Tomi Tierney ESR Nektiah and Vieira remain to be seen how he do you can depend on in league. Holding Nelson Marquinhos Cedric just not PL level imo maximum is cup and Europa group stage for them.

So between 17-18 players you can depend on in league is good just hope the team can stay fit for long periods.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

An interesting look at our depth compared to the big two. Interesting to note how City are able to survive a whole season with less midfielders than most, although they can call on Foden and Grealish to come in midfield if things get dire. Obviously difference in quality is a significant factor too so in truth the table doesn’t tell the whole story.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Generally happy with the teams improvement from last season. GJ and Saliba are level raisers, and Zinchenko is a top player that offers us something completely different. It's quite hard to integrate more than 3/4 players into a team so I think the improvements to the first 11 have been good.

Squad wise, we are definitely an attacker short, Arteta even said this last week. I suspect the the explanation for that will be that the right deal wasn't there, which I suppose is fair enough, but then why get rid of Pepe?

Not sure about Turner but hopefully he's OK in the Europa league. Defence looks very good, and once everyone's fit I think the midfield is decent.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

An interesting look at our depth compared to the big two. Interesting to note how City are able to survive a whole season with less midfielders than most, although they can call on Foden and Grealish to come in midfield if things get dire. Obviously difference in quality is a significant factor too so in truth the table doesn’t tell the whole story.
If Marquinhos and Vieira are at least on par with Elliot and Carvahlo it’s not the end of the world in terms of depth.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Matt Smith good enough to make the step up? Had a good loan spell and has been hovering around the first team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta hinted he'll use some of academy players in October if needed. So likely the likes of Matt Smith and Walters will play some games

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Rotation for me is more important this month and next month.

Consider this second string side.

Nelson---------Nketiah------Marquinhos
-------Smith Rowe---Vieira
----------------Lokonga
Tierney---Holding---White----Cedric
-----------------Turner

Not likely to start like this, but that is good back up for this month IMO. When one of TP5 and Elneny get back, they can fill in and move our younger players to the bench.

Goonger

Our squad depth would be ok, if it weren't for the horrendous injury records of Partey, Tierney & Tomiyasu. If these guys were more reliable, we would be ok. Tierney & Tomiyasu we can manager their games better now, so the glaring issue is Partey. Unfortunately, Elneny's injury and the failure to land Luiz just amplifies that.

Going forward, in terms of increasing quality, you'd say areas we could improve are Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Xhaka alternative, wide player, and perhaps another forward.

That's still a fair amount of signings needed. Interestingly, we have young alternatives in most of the positions, Norton-Cuffy, Azeez, Patino, Marquinos & Balogun probably the most notable.

Think Norton-Cuffy is the 1 that looks easiest to integrate, given we already have Tomiyasu and White that can play there. Azeez, don't know what the feck is happening there. My thinking is Danilo in January to come in and become the long term Elneny replacement, actually with the hope of properly competing with Partey. Maybe even look at someone like Neves with 1 year left on his deal to replace Partey if his fitness is still ****e.

Left Centre Midfield, Patino is the great hope from the academy. Obviously a lot will depend on how his loan goes. If he gets fit and plays well, he could come back as a genuine understudy to Xhaka. However, they might see someone like Tielemans on a free as too good to turn down. Im not sure we're at the place to be going for a Bellingham yet.

Wide player, we'll look at the market again in January, if not the summer. Neto still looks a decent alternative, although a lot can change in 12 months in terms of form and new alternatives emerging.

And last but not least, another option for up front. Its 1 of the areas I think we need to assess as the season unfolds. Can Jesus be the number 9 over the course of a full season we desperately needed. Can Nketiah keep improving to be a proper alternative. That might define whether we stick with Balogun as a 3rd option, or go out into the market and give a proper alternative to Jesus & Nketiah, maybe someone like Tammy.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom