• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2022/23

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Squad-Photo out

D52_9362_6df4f6c6-1537-41bc-944f-725a39468045.JPG
Hahahah that photo is golden! 😍:lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The squad is thin only 21 outfielders we better do something in January.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Our squad is SO YOUNG, and already this good. What a good team we are building!!
Except for Xhaka And Partey, Zinchenko Is our oldest Key player at only 25!

0J2Drd5.png

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The squad is still haven't reached full potential yet but it's vital to extend saka Martinelli and Saliba because they basically future of the club. In January we need to added 1-2

Halend

Most important thing is to have Saka Saliba and Martinelli on new contracts.

In terms of the squad a 6 and a forward who can both wide positions and potentially striker is needed in the next 2 windows. Personally i think the profile we should be looking for is a elite ball striker and goal scorer for that forward role.

The only question is are we looking for backups or players that could bench Partey and one of the front three.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We actually have a spine again.
Ramsdale - Saliba - Partey - Jesus.

We are set in defence. No additions needed unless Holding moves on. The flexibility of Tomi & White is crucial. Tomi can play across the back & White CB & RB.

We need a back up / competition for Partey & also Xhaka. I really believe Arteta has ESR earmarked for the Xhaka position, but hes an injury liability so an addition is needed there.

I'm not convinced Sambi will make it here.

We clearly want & need another winger.

We only have 2 strikers at the club which is not enough if one gets injured. If Balo has a very good season, he could be involved next season. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Ivan Toney at the club tbh.

Basically 4 players short of a really strong squad. Not properly elite, but top quality.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Might’ve got CL last season with him around tho.
Not sure. I think the finish to last season was a collective failure. We just didn't know how to deal with it. As good as he is, I'm not sure one player would have made the difference.

I hate using this term, but he would fit our 'project' perfectly. Hey ho, Granit is playing his best football since he joined & the young lads clearly rate what he provides the team & having a bit of experience is needed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure. I think the finish to last season was a collective failure. We just didn't know how to deal with it. As good as he is, I'm not sure one player would have made the difference.

Everyone is focusing on that Newcastle display but with Bruno Guimarães in the side I’m pretty certain we wouldn’t have dropped points to either Southampton or Brighton.

We were in ascendancy from that point. We went to Saint Mary’s with Lokonga and Elneny in midfield then played Brighton at the Emirates with Ødegaard in Xhaka’s role beside Lokonga as Elneny was dropped to the bench 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Had we got a result in both of those games then we wouldn’t have been reliant on the Sp**s and Newcastle games.

Sparrahork

We actually have a spine again.
Ramsdale - Saliba - Partey - Jesus.

We are set in defence. No additions needed unless Holding moves on. The flexibility of Tomi & White is crucial. Tomi can play across the back & White CB & RB.

We need a back up / competition for Partey & also Xhaka. I really believe Arteta has ESR earmarked for the Xhaka position, but hes an injury liability so an addition is needed there.

I'm not convinced Sambi will make it here.

We clearly want & need another winger.

We only have 2 strikers at the club which is not enough if one gets injured. If Balo has a very good season, he could be involved next season. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Ivan Toney at the club tbh.

Basically 4 players short of a really strong squad. Not properly elite, but top quality.
It has to be remembered that el neny and esr will be back by January. El neny offers midfield cover and esr in a number of positions, including false number 9 or lw and martinelli goes to striker if injury issues there.

Most of our rivals have only two out and out strikers, I think too a winger is not essential as of January. If we do bring someone in perhaps a loan and address permanently at end of season?

Likewise a midfielder would assist but zinchenko may step back in to cover xhaka. Again there as a cover player a loan deal for someone out of favour elsewhere (e.g. zakaria if sent back by Chelsea) makes sense.

Should we have champions League football next season we can strike big in the summer window. See what our injury situation is come January and use the loan market sensibly

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom