• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Numbers

KingReyes

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
I've never heard any statement from the club to the effect that the number six had been retured?

I would like some proof please.. :?:

It definately hasn't been retired OTIL, they are just waiting for someone to come along worth of wearing it.

seanconvey66

Zidane 5

When or if we sign a 1st choice centre back they will be given the number if they want it. I remember reading somewhere that Gilberto was offered the number 6 shirt when he joined but declined it. It was in the programme or something. Definetely somewhere reliable.

gooner3

does anyone know if fabregas wil have fabregas or cesc on the back for his shirt liike he does for spain next seaon

I think Sol would be worthy of No. 6 but probably won't take it. Whilst we are on the subject, who do you think will get the No. 10 when Dennis retires?

Mark

Established Member
Irish_Gunner said:
I think Sol would be worthy of No. 6 but probably won't take it. Whilst we are on the subject, who do you think will get the No. 10 when Dennis retires?

Well it's a special enough number to be retired like 2 and 6 have been, but to be honest I don't like the idea of retiring shirt numbers. Let new legends wear them I say. It would take someone special to get the number 10 though. I hope Bentley gets it and can become the next DB10, in every sense of the word.

shaz

we dont want anyone to take keowns number either. that **** is the stuff of legends.. we cant pass it on to any old newcomer. :roll:

Swordy

Keown's Shirt was passed on, he used to wear number 14, before Henry came to the club. Then took over number 5. Kinda like Merson and Bergkamp.

calvinngai88

Campbell is worthy for no.6 shirt if he is offered by the club. But I think he might stick with his no.23 as he chose it and he idolises Tony Adams. Kolo might get a go for no.5

Mark

Established Member
Any day now I suspect. Although they probably already have been done. Expect Arsenal.com to tell us what they are by Christmas if we're lucky.

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, I think Community Shield numbers are official, so... They're selling shirts with these names and numbers...

1 Lehmann
3 Cole
4 Vieira
7 Pires
8 Ljungberg
9 Reyes
10 Bergkamp
11 Van Persie
12 Lauren
13 Taylor
14 Henry
15 Fabregas
16 Flamini
17 Edu
18 Cygan
19 Gilberto
20 Senderos
21 Pennant
22 Clichy
23 Campbell
24 Almunia
28 Toure
29 Jeffers
30 Aliadiere
31 Hoyte
32 Svard

johe

I like the thought of Fabregas playing with Razor's old number, hopefully he will stay for as long as Ray did and win as many titles. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom