• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Numbers

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did you get this from the Arsenal shop bobbypires, .Because a while ago someone found out they were doing the van Persie shirt there, and it turned out to be right.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
r_blair2 said:
thegreatbriton said:
6 won't be filled ever because of TA. The number has been retiered.

Ive never heard of this. Looks like Cesc will get 15
Same here. I just thought they were waiting for the right perso to fill it.

bobbypires

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
Did you get this from the Arsenal shop bobbypires, .Because a while ago someone found out they were doing the van Persie shirt there, and it turned out to be right.
well, Arsenal Shop sent me a little mag with everything I can buy. And of course the shirt is there and the numbers you can choose.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OK. How did you get that magazine. I never got one that had Cesc with number 15.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know, but in the maazine I have Cesc's name and number weren't written on, whereas in bobbypires' one he did have it.

laolu

johe said:
I like the thought of Fabregas playing with Razor's old number, hopefully he will stay for as long as Ray did and win as many titles. :wink:

Now, there's a problem with that: I was hoping he'd stay longer and win more titles :wink:

ozgooner

thegreatbriton said:
I love Kolo, but he hasn't earn't six yet. Although great players have worn nearly every Arsenal number, Seaman 1, Wrighty 8, Merson 10, George 9, Brady 7, 6 is special and in my opinion should never be usd again.

so u dont think db is worthy of 10??

ozgooner

Irish_Gunner said:
I think Sol would be worthy of No. 6 but probably won't take it. Whilst we are on the subject, who do you think will get the No. 10 when Dennis retires?

i think 10 should should be offered to rvp after db.im pretty sure it would be an honour for rvp to wear it and it probably would be for db to see him in it.

johe

laolu said:
johe said:
I like the thought of Fabregas playing with Razor's old number, hopefully he will stay for as long as Ray did and win as many titles. :wink:

Now, there's a problem with that: I was hoping he'd stay longer and win more titles :wink:

Yeah, but he should use Ray's record as a minimum. :wink:

Denish

Just because Tony Adams is a legend doesn't mean his squad number can never be used again, that's ridiculous.

That's the same as saying when Bergkamp retires the no.10 shirt can never be worn again.

Of course the no.6 shirt should be passed on, it's just a case of finding the right person. I think in a couple years Toure will have earnt it, as Sol wants to keep the 23 shirt. Not sure if that's because it adds up to 5 or because it was Michael Jordan's number, but either way, it frees up the 5 and 6 shirts to be passed on to someone worthy. Maybe Senderos could earn the 5 shirt in a couple years, if he lives up to expectations.

bobbypires

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
I know, but in the maazine I have Cesc's name and number weren't written on, whereas in bobbypires' one he did have it.
Noooo, it isn't in my mag. But he played with that number and Wenger said he gave Razor's number.

Arnie

Denish said:
Just because Tony Adams is a legend doesn't mean his squad number can never be used again, that's ridiculous.

That's the same as saying when Bergkamp retires the no.10 shirt can never be worn again.

Of course the no.6 shirt should be passed on, it's just a case of finding the right person. I think in a couple years Toure will have earnt it, as Sol wants to keep the 23 shirt. Not sure if that's because it adds up to 5 or because it was Michael Jordan's number, but either way, it frees up the 5 and 6 shirts to be passed on to someone worthy. Maybe Senderos could earn the 5 shirt in a couple years, if he lives up to expectations.

The guy led us to titles in 3 different decades, no other captain has ever done that!!
The guy is special. Like i've said before, he is Mr. Arsenal.

Also when you were talking about sol, you reminded me of ivan zamarano. How childish is he?? he couldn't number 9 at inter so he asked for 1+8 on the back.

Denish

Arnie said:
Denish said:

The guy led us to titles in 3 different decades, no other captain has ever done that!!

Also when you were talking about sol, you reminded me of ivan zamarano. How childish is he?? he couldn't number 9 at inter so he asked for 1+8 on the back.

Still, I think Tony would have wanted someone to follow in his footsteps as the no.6. Other legends of other teams have passed on their numbers to younger generations. Bryan Robson at Man Utd passed on the 7 shirt to Cantona, who passed it on to Beckham.

About Zamorano, I dont think its childish really as he was a number 9 and he did deserve the shirt in some way, so 18 was the next best thing. A lot of players do that these days. Look at Bentley and 37, Gerrard and 17 (now 8 ) etc.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arnie said:
Denish said:

I remember seeing that somewhere. Did he have 18 or 1+8 because I was told previously he had 1+8.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom