• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichtsteiner (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Oh wow great, we saw what amazing effect proven winner, leader and champion Cech had on our team. :lol:

Apparently leadership means apologizing in the post-match interview or on social media after a drubbing. Can't wait to see what Lichtsteiner brings to the table.

To be fair to Cech, he was outstanding in his first season at Arsenal. Pretty good in his 2nd. Had a bit of a rough time this year, but the horrible defense in front of him bore a lot of the blame.

And not everybody is a leader in the same way. Some lead by example.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
To be fair to Cech, he was outstanding in his first season at Arsenal. Pretty good in his 2nd. Had a bit of a rough time this year, but the horrible defense in front of him bore a lot of the blame.

And not everybody is a leader in the same way. Some lead by example.
Well I don't want to derail this thread any further, but I gotta disagree with you on Cech. During his time here he has never been better than Szczesny was for us which is what everyone was expecting.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well I don't want to derail this thread any further, but I gotta disagree with you on Cech. During his time here he has never been better than Szczesny was for us which is what everyone was expecting.

Well, here are the Premier League goalkeeper rankings for Cech's first season at Arsenal.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_12.19.12_PM.png

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Well, here are the Premier League goalkeeper rankings for Cech's first season at Arsenal.

Didn't Szcz use to top those or come near the top regularly as well? Anyway come on mate, ranking like that are almost worthless. Specially when you consider that probably the two goal keeper of the season are on the 7-8 position. This is the sort of stat that puts people like Mustafi on top of defender rankings.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
he has never been better than Szczesny was for us
I totally disagree, when Ospina replaced the guy after smoking, he was an improvement.

Listen, Scez was okay to good but deteriorated badly in his last season. He then improved out on loan. Had he stayed, he'd be backup to Ospina, because Peyton is that bad a coach.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oh wow great, we saw what amazing effect proven winner, leader and champion Cech had on our team. :lol:

Apparently leadership means apologizing in the post-match interview or on social media after a drubbing. Can't wait to see what Lichtsteiner brings to the table.

As I’ve said. Experience in the context of a competent player is a plus. Cech isn’t a competent player

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I totally disagree, when Ospina replaced the guy after smoking, he was an improvement.

Listen, Scez was okay to good but deteriorated badly in his last season. He then improved out on loan. Had he stayed, he'd be backup to Ospina, because Peyton is that bad a coach.
Ospina only replaced him because of the smoking fiasco though. Not saying Sczc didn't deserve getting dropped. We were all asking for it. Just like how a lot of us last year were asking for Ospina to replace Cech too. But it seemed to have only taken some off the field controversy for Wenger to drop a player.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Cech's first season here was very good. It's just that we bought no one else. I still maintain that even if we'd bought Elneny in the summer instead of in the winter transfer window, we'd have been much closer to Leicester because Flamteta dropped us points

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Didn't Szcz use to top those or come near the top regularly as well? Anyway come on mate, ranking like that are almost worthless. Specially when you consider that probably the two goal keeper of the season are on the 7-8 position. This is the sort of stat that puts people like Mustafi on top of defender rankings.

Alright, throw that out then. But the fact is that Szczesny was taking all sorts of flack for his errors at Arsenal. In his last season, his defensive error per 90 minutes rate was the same at Cech's and his saves per goal wasn't as good. Don't confuse Arsenal Szczesny with Roma/Juventus Szczesny.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_12.39.24_PM.png

Oh, and here's Cech's first season.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_12.47.10_PM.png

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Ospina only replaced him because of the smoking fiasco though. Not saying Sczc didn't deserve getting dropped. We were all asking for it. Just like how a lot of us last year were asking for Ospina to replace Cech too. But it seemed to have only taken some off the field controversy for Wenger to drop a player.
I agree, but Ospina was an improvement that season on him. Keep in mind, Ospina also had that howler against Swansea where the ***** was behind the line for no reason while making the save.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Alright, throw that out then. But the fact is that Szczesny was talking all sorts of flack for his errors at Arsenal. In his last season, his defensive error per 90 minutes rate was the same at Cech's and his saves per goal wasn't as good. Don't confuse Arsenal Szczesny with Roma/Juventus Szczesny.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_12.39.24_PM.png
Cech was okay the first season, but has been a horror signings since then. There are times I've thought Ospina would be an improvement on him, again, what we thought of Scez in that last season. I'd blame the coaches, and I'd also say Cech is past it.

We all know what Ospina's weakness is. I can't think of one reason why no coach has worked on his handling with him extensively yet. He's a much better shot stopper than Cech currently, his only real issue is his handling. Even his height isn't the main issue, he just drops the ball under slight pressure and keeps parrying it. Yet, no one works on it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Cech was okay the first season, but has been a horror signings since then. There are times I've thought Ospina would be an improvement on him, again, what we thought of Scez in that last season. I'd blame the coaches, and I'd also say Cech is past it.

We all know what Ospina's weakness is. I can't think of one reason why no coach has worked on his handling with him extensively yet. He's a much better shot stopper than Cech currently, his only real issue is his handling. Even his height isn't the main issue, he just drops the ball under slight pressure and keeps parrying it. Yet, no one works on it.

Here are Cech's 3 seasons at Arsenal. It's clear where the big drop off came.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_12.52.13_PM.png

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Here are Cech's 3 seasons at Arsenal. It's clear where the big drop off came.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_12.52.13_PM.png
I'd be interested in the 16/17 stats for halves of the season. I remember him being flawless early on, but mistakes did start creeping in later, example being that pass to Cesc, I believe?

Still yeah, he's past it now.

Stannis

I'd be interested in the 16/17 stats for halves of the season. I remember him being flawless early on, but mistakes did start creeping in later, example being that pass to Cesc, I believe?

Still yeah, he's past it now.

His first league game for us was a shocker, West Ham at home. Apart from that he was pretty much amazing in the first season, beat de gea to the golden glove. The Liverpool game at home was the best performance I have seen from a Arsenal keeper in the emirates era

If only we signed a bit more than him that season.....

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
His first league game for us was a shocker, West Ham at home. Apart from that he was pretty much amazing in the first season, beat de gea to the golden glove. The Liverpool game at home was the best performance I have seen from a Arsenal keeper in the emirates era

If only we signed a bit more than him that season.....
I think even Elneny bought earlier would be enough, we dropped stupid points playing Flamini.

Such a stupid thing to lose the league over.

Worst part is we could have correct ourselves even in January. But no, we persisted with an out of form Giroud

thierrytheking14

Really don’t see the downside. We needed a back up, we can’t go young because Hector is young, here to stay and could be a career player.

Lots of experience, still physically able by all accounts and at a high level if he played 32 games for Juventus
You're positivity is quite endearing.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Do you realize how annoying it is to come to a thread to find out the latest news of a transfer only to find post after post arguing about something totally irrelevant
I take it you are not yet privy of the AM Actual Transfer Rumors forum. This here is a decoy to keep people like @RonaldoMadness and @Gunners4life at bay. Ask @OnlyOne for access. He is an actual mod there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom