• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Super Fab says Edu might leave

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Shame this is only popping up now.

Would be a grand "Must be season ticket renewal time" joke.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he does leave maybe we can just let Mikel take over.

Should be allowed to buy the ingredients if he’s going to cook the meal…

El Duderino

Glad he seems to be committed, would be like losing David Dein all over again.

Nah...

He's done better, but right now this is a slight net positive over the course of his stint as Director of Football here.

Too many contracts paid off, not really any sales. A lot of our big deals were from players the selling club was happy to let go for any number of reasons.

Viera was a good deal on paper to pull out of the bag and a good sign.

Needs to extend Saka and especially Saliba (a harder deal) to make turn that corner completely around.

El Duderino

If he does leave maybe we can just let Mikel take over.

Should be allowed to buy the ingredients if he’s going to cook the meal…

If what Mikel needs is an enabler, Sure, don't see the problem.

Some red flags on players Edu pushed for and that Mikel managed to put his foot down and say no in Neto and a couple of others, if memory serves.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If what Mikel needs is an enabler? Sure, don't see the problem.

Some red flags on players Edu pushed for and that Mikel managed to put his foot down and say no in Neto and a couple of others, if memory serves.

Mikel knows what players he wants. I don’t believe in DOFs.

Let Mikel cook 👨‍🍳

El Duderino

Mikel knows what players he wants. I don’t believe in DOFs.

Let Mikel cook 👨‍🍳

Don't think we need someone to tell Mikel no, specially when he already has the Kroenkes ears, plus that hasn't been a problem like we perceived it was with Arsène.

We all know if Mikel left tomorrow Edu would be on the phone calling Tite or Jorge Jesus.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Who are the two clubs after him? Why would Edu leave now? Hear me out. Arsenal is currently the most exciting project in world football, and I say that unironically. Imagine what Arsenal could become within the next 5 years. Maybe a league title or two if Klopp and Pep eventually decide to move on. Maybe a CL title. Don't laugh at me, stranger things can happen. Edu could build his stock up and if he stays.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nah...

He's done better, but right now this is a slight net positive over the course of his stint as Director of Football here.

Too many contracts paid off, not really any sales. A lot of our big deals were from players the selling club was happy to let go for any number of reasons.

Viera was a good deal on paper to pull out of the bag and a good sign.

Needs to extend Saka and especially Saliba (a harder deal) to make turn that corner completely around.

Some of the severances Arteta landed him right in it though. Either by publicly falling out of the player or completely removing them from relevance.

I’ll give you some of the names Arteta blocked (Royal, Neto).

Also I am strongly against there not being a director or football person at the club being able to offer another perspective, say no or fire Mikel.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Obviously people will be interested in him. He identified so many good signings and force Arteta to build young instead of the preference to buy old players like Willian and Cedric.

Huge part of success goes to Edu

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Interesting that it's Edu being linked with other jobs, seems like he's the one being given a lot of credit for our turnaround. 🤔

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Edu's agent trying to get him a bigger contract here it seems. I'm curious who identified our targets as Jesus, Zinchenko, Vlahovic, Ramsdale, White, Partey. I know Edu wanted Emerson Royal and Arteta Vetoed that instead requesting Tomi, which was a masterstroke as we'd be far worse off now if it went the other way. I'm pretty sure Jesus and Ziny would be Arteta buys though. Meaning Edu hasn't actually done anything all summer anyway. If Edu's responsible for identifying Martinelli that was a bit of a coup. Overall I'm uncertain on his value to the project. We were crying out for someone to compete with Partey and he utterly failed to do anything other than a last minute bid for an uninspiring Douglas Luiz

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Someone wants Edu? How much do we got to pay, and I won’t suck their D but if they come out to west coast I can get them drunk, stoned, and laid.

No that was a joke the teams buys have been better since he has been in command, I think he will stay and I think frankly Josh and Edu are equally if not more responsible for our success than Arteta. Arteta is good now he was awful in his first couple years.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Edu's agent trying to get him a bigger contract here it seems. I'm curious who identified our targets as Jesus, Zinchenko, Vlahovic, Ramsdale, White, Partey. I know Edu wanted Emerson Royal and Arteta Vetoed that instead requesting Tomi, which was a masterstroke as we'd be far worse off now if it went the other way. I'm pretty sure Jesus and Ziny would be Arteta buys though. Meaning Edu hasn't actually done anything all summer anyway. If Edu's responsible for identifying Martinelli that was a bit of a coup. Overall I'm uncertain on his value to the project. We were crying out for someone to compete with Partey and he utterly failed to do anything other than a last minute bid for an uninspiring Douglas Luiz
Interesting points made. Hadn’t thought of it from that angle.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom