• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Super Fab says Edu might leave

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Some of the inability to sell certain players is a direct result of Arteta falling out with said player and freezing them out of the team. I understand why it is necessary, but that makes demanding fees for some assets to be extremely difficult for the seller.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm a bit surprised some take this rumour so lightly. The club needs stability, and by all accounts Edu and Arteta are working well together. We've recruited well in the two last windows with a clear strategy in the age profile of the players recruited.

We don't need the upheaval this would cause. Hopefully, this is just a baseless rumour. It is not easy to get a decent pitmaster these days either.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you look at the black and white, we’ve finished 6-8 with Edu, sold poorly etc.

Yes there is progression but let’s now not make out you’re potentially losing a man with any sort of golden touch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you look at the black and white, we’ve finished 6-8 with Edu, sold poorly etc.

Yes there is progression but let’s now not make out you’re potentially losing a man with any sort of golden touch.

Struggle to see how this same logic doesn't apply to young Mik though. It's not Mikel who has to get the fees for Guendouzi or Auba, but it's not Edu who fell out with them or deemed them not worth persisting with.

Those two are married to each other, both the failures and successes. If Arteta is the man now, then the same should apply to Edu.

RunTheTrap

You could say the same for Arteta though. We finished 8th twice and bottled 4th last season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You could say the same for Arteta though. We finished 8th twice and bottled 4th last season.
We would say the same about Arteta if there was news he was being courted by Barcelona or something.

Nobody here would cry like they were about to lose a serial winner.

RunTheTrap

Struggle to see how this same logic doesn't apply to young Mik though. It's not Mikel who has to get the fees for Guendouzi or Auba, but it's not Edu who fell out with them or deemed them not worth persisting with.

Those two are married to each other, both the failures and successes. If Arteta is the man now, then the same should apply to Edu.
Exactly this. In every media outlet the two have said that they work together on recruitment. It’s like when we signed Willian, people claimed it was an Edu/Raul signing, however Willian himself came out and said it was Arteta who was the one to convince him to come. Arteta and Edu have made their fair share of mistakes and successes, but the point is they made it together and we shouldn’t try to separate that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It’s not entirely his fault that we couldn’t sell players though. We just came out of an economic disaster due to Covid; and I don’t think people realise just how bad and overpaid some of our players were. No competent club will buy the likes of Mustafi, Sokratis, Willian etc on the wages their on. He messed up on AMN though. However, I’m expecting an improvement in selling this summer. Tavares, Trusty, Lokonga, Holding, Cedric, AMN, Mari, and one of Eddie/Balogun. He should be able to recoup a decent fee with those guys. There’s no excuses not to.
Definitely not entirely his fault, the market has been difficult due to COVID and general trend towards more power for players. He also didn't show his competence by overcoming any of these obstacles, though. Particularly painful is the Auba situation, but surely he could've gotten more for Leno, Mavropanos, Torreira etc.

Also shouldn't have allowed Arteta to block the AMN transfer only to not use him afterwards. Same goes for Eddie, although his own hard work seems to offer a second chance at getting a decent sum. I seem to remember a similar thing with Elneny who could've been sold at several stages (not sure if all of that was under Edu to be fair).

Let's hope his ability to sell players has improved and he will show this the following summer. We need to recoup significant fees to offset some of the poor selling windows in recent history. Can't run the club's finances like this in the long term and we need to be able to buy a few marquee players if we end up back in the CL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't compare him to Dein please. Dein being one of the best things at the club for a long time. Still angry about his departure.

Jokes aside, I do hope Edu stays though.

We have had too many backroom changes since 2018, we need to just settle for a bit now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He brought in and backed Arteta. Man can do no wrong in my book. Jobs not finished though. He can leave once he’s replaced Tets with Xhaka.
In any big club both him and Arteta would be sacked. There is no way he can go to big club and get the patience and time he got here. I still don’t think he is great and easily replaceable.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
In any big club both him and Arteta would be sacked. There is no way he can go to big club and get the patience and time he got here. I still don’t think he is great and easily replaceable.
I’d like to think there was more than a little hint of piss takery in my post. Nevertheless: real talk. Don’t fix sth that ain’t broke. The journey has been rough but given what we’re seeing now, anyone who wants either Edu or Arteta gone now, is either nuts or just bitter they didn’t get an invite to his last bbq

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
While Edu probably deserves some credit for the improvement we've seen to this point in the season, I also don't think it would be the end of the world if he moved on. In fact, it might provide a good opportunity for the Kroenkes to go out and get someone more established who can get the sorts of big deals over that line that you would hope an Arsenal with CL football next season is aiming to make. I don't know if Edu can get us a Bellingham. I think there's someone out there who could and if we could hire that profile of DOF then it could help bring us up another level.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Edu leaving definitely kills the project

You take the brazilians we acquired from this team and you would once again enter in the collective delusion we have a **** squad, we need him and his contacts to do that jump to the next level you keep talking about

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Edu leaving definitely kills the project

You take the brazilians we acquired from this team and you would once again enter in the collective delusion we have a **** squad, we need him and his contacts to do that jump to the next level you keep talking about
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Edu was the only person on earth capable of signing Brazilians. All of the other clubs who made high profile Brazilian signings this summer must just have had them drop from the heavens.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom