• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Super Fab says Edu might leave

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Interesting, as even on AON I don't see him like that. Good to know that there might not be an imbalance of power between the two, specially since he's Arteta's boss.

Yeah, if what I suspect is true then it's good that Edu doesn't visibly throw his weight around and undermine Arteta who has more of a public facing role. Just an educated guess scrutinising their interviews over the years though.

Being new to this role and dealing in Europe himself, I would imagine having a new manager like Arteta suits Edu more than we care to admit. A big name manager would probably make more out of failed transfer targets, weak sales or disappointing players, or just not listen to Edu's ideas in general and campaign for a different strategy.

Might change going forward if Edu walks out of this version of Arsenal with some credit however.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No clue, two random teams. From a table perspective a Sp**s loss would be ideal, a draw would be ok.

Just put my dead grandads uncles inheritance he left me on a draw. Thank you nacho I want to please my grandads uncle even if he’s in the after life. 👏🙏

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
why thread title says "Edu might leave".

So if someone would be interested in Saka, the title would be "Saka might leave", right?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I imagine his contributions go well beyond (badly) identifying targets…

I’ve often had to manage incredibly capable people who were objectively “better” than me at most things. In those cases my job was to shovel **** out of their path, help fight their battles and steady the ship when required, give them someone to bounce ideas off whilst maintaining the culture we had built at the firm over the last decade. Basically do everything possible to let them do their thing and be awesome.

It’s a bit like gilberto silvas role in the invincibles… just because you can’t “see” someone’s contribution to success, it doesn’t mean it isn’t there…

So what you're saying is that both you and Edu do nothing at work...interesting...

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The reality is we don’t really know the respective contributions that edu and arteta have made in turning around the club. You would think as a technical director that edu was involved in the project youth strategy which I believe is where the club started to turn things around. But we don’t know to what extent or how recruitment plays out at the club. Is it largely driven by arteta or edu, it’s not clear.

The only thing the documentary showed me was that edu and vinai were at one moment saying that arteta needed to keep auba and then the next minute he was being loaned out on deadline day. Suggests arteta has a fair amount of clout.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hope he fecks off. Get a competent DOF in who knows how to sell players.
It’s not entirely his fault that we couldn’t sell players though. We just came out of an economic disaster due to Covid; and I don’t think people realise just how bad and overpaid some of our players were. No competent club will buy the likes of Mustafi, Sokratis, Willian etc on the wages their on. He messed up on AMN though. However, I’m expecting an improvement in selling this summer. Tavares, Trusty, Lokonga, Holding, Cedric, AMN, Mari, and one of Eddie/Balogun. He should be able to recoup a decent fee with those guys. There’s no excuses not to.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Barcelona want him to give all their players away for free? Interesting.

I think Mick runs this club now anyway. We saw that when he ousted Raul.

Think he also dictates the players coming in, he’s in total control, club said as much when he took on being a manager from coach.

Not fussed at all about Edu.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s not entirely his fault that we couldn’t sell players though. We just came out of an economic disaster due to Covid; and I don’t think people realise just how bad and overpaid some of our players were. No competent club will buy the likes of Mustafi, Sokratis, Willian etc on the wages their on. He messed up on AMN though. However, I’m expecting an improvement in selling this summer. Tavares, Trusty, Lokonga, Holding, Cedric, AMN, Mari, and one of Eddie/Balogun. He should be able to recoup a decent fee with those guys. There’s no excuses not to.
Look at the Guendouzi deal though? Such a low buy cause, it’s ridiculous. He’s regularly in the France squad now.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Look at the Guendouzi deal though? Such a low buy cause, it’s ridiculous. He’s regularly in the France squad now.
Arteta and Edu fell out and Guendouzi’s stock was at an all time low. What sort of buy clause could Arsenal expect with a player everyone knew they wanted to get rid of?

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom