• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tariq Lamptey

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasseD

He’s quick, which is a good thing. We saw what difference Martinelli’s and ESR’s speed and intensity made in the match against Chelsea.

Unsure about his tecniqual ability though.

Still, having AMN, Bellerin, Cedric + Lamptey isn’t the right way to use resources. If one or two of AMN and Bellerin were to be sold I’d be slightly for signing him I suppose.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Quality player. Would be overjoyed if we got him.

Arsenal mania were creaming themselves over Aarons previously. Lamptey is far better.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who's the player with more upside, Bogle or him?

Lamptey.

The reason I was so keen on Bogle was from a squad building perspective. He matched Aarons’ numbers in the Championship but because he didn’t get promoted he went under the radar.

For cheaper than 5M that meant he was absolutely insane value but we went the Cedric route. In terms of squad building it was a poor move.

Comparing Lamptey to Bogle though Lamptey is clear. Honestly looks like Dani Alves sometimes with the way he plays.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lamptey.

The reason I was so keen on Bogle was from a squad building perspective. He matched Aarons’ numbers in the Championship but because he didn’t get promoted he went under the radar.

For cheaper than 5M that meant he was absolutely insane value but we went the Cedric route. In terms of squad building it was a poor move.

Comparing Lamptey to Bogle though Lamptey is clear. Honestly looks like Dani Alves sometimes with the way he plays.
Cedric is experienced fullback who can do good job on both sides. With AMN here it was the right choice.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Arsenal mania were creaming themselves over Aarons previously. Lamptey is far better.

From what I've seen, A-M isn't creaming itself over Lamptey to any lesser degree than it was over Aarons. He's mentioned as the prime RB target quite often.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Lamptey looks electric with his pace but his size and the fact he looks better attacking than defending does put me off somewhat.

Nordi Mukiele at Leipzig is the right back I have my eye on, 6' 2", strong, fast and looks like he enjoys defending.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Cedric is experienced fullback who can do good job on both sides. With AMN here it was the right choice.
giphy.gif

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I'd love Lamptey here. Gives us an exciting player on the right, and a good different player type to Tierney on the left. Both young, so covering for many years.

If it's possible to swap out Bellerin - who I don't mind keeping either if there's no buyers, I'm not against Bellerin - and getting Lamptey in, then that's a no-brainer, really.

Perhaps that could also make our right side more relevant as 90% of our play happens on the left. Could make a big difference for guys like Pépé/Nelson or who else we might field on RW.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but Cedric has literal zero resale value and was a backup level player at Southampton.

Bogle would’ve been cheaper, was incredible in the Championship and could’ve actually competed with Bellerin for a starting role all at 19.

If you sell him in three years and he hasn’t developed he’s probably worth at least 10M. It’s dire squad building.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd love Lamptey here. Gives us an exciting player on the right, and a good different player type to Tierney on the left. Both young, so covering for many years.

If it's possible to swap out Bellerin - who I don't mind keeping either if there's no buyers, I'm not against Bellerin - and getting Lamptey in, then that's a no-brainer, really.

Perhaps that could also make our right side more relevant as 90% of our play happens on the left. Could make a big difference for guys like Pépé/Nelson or who else we might field on RW.

Not sure Pepe or Nelson will be at the club by next season tbh, can see the club trying to move them on.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah but Cedric has literal zero resale value and was a backup level player at Southampton.

Bogle would’ve been cheaper, was incredible in the Championship and could’ve actually competed with Bellerin for a starting role all at 19.

If you sell him in three years and he hasn’t developed he’s probably worth at least 10M. It’s dire squad building.
How is a player you had for 3 years who hasn’t developed much going for 10 million? People really throw crazy numbers up. This guy is backup right back in shef United

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Don't know him. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him tomorrow.

Apparently we expect Bellerin to move to Barca and Tareq is meant to replace him. So much is wrong with that sentence.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How is a player you had for 3 years who hasn’t developed much going for 10 million? People really throw crazy numbers up. This guy is backup right back in shef United

Because you see all these young English players getting their value maxed out in the market.

Kyle Walker-Peters played 12 league games in four years for Sp*rs and went for 12M. He’d done less than Bogle had.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Because you see all these young English players getting their value maxed out in the market.

Kyle Walker-Peters played 12 league games in four years for Sp*rs and went for 12M. He’d done less than Bogle had.
He did more because he played for. Tottenham 20 odd times in total. He also went out on loan to Southampton so they had him before they decided to buy him later. Filling the team with average English players thinking we can always sell them is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom