• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The 2016/17 transfer budget

Prawn Sandwich

If we can't get an elite striker we need the best prospect. The priority.

Everything else is a wasted pursuit of we can't correct that issue.

We also need a new centre half, centre mid, and winger which will help; but only a top, top striker can lift us up levels.

qwerty99

Saving up for Messi obviously..no other reason to hoard such a massive amount of cash while not buying a single outfield player..right?

Sad we could of used our financial muscle so many times, like on Martial for example

Wenger was quoted in the Daily Star, saying: "I thought they would not sell him this year because they had sold so many other players.

"They said they would not sell him and I thought they were not in any need to sell and would maintain their word."

Could of signed Dybala for €32 million Euros
http://www.espnfc.com/story/2478675/paulo-dybala-seals-juventus-transfer-from-palermo-for-32m

Higuain for €37 million Euros
http://www.espnfc.com/story/1506002/gonzalo-higuain-pepe-reina-pass-napoli-medicals

So many missed opportunities.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Sad we could of used our financial muscle so many times, like on Martial for example

Wenger was quoted in the Daily Star, saying: "I thought they would not sell him this year because they had sold so many other players.

"They said they would not sell him and I thought they were not in any need to sell and would maintain their word."

Could of signed Dybala for €32 million Euros
http://www.espnfc.com/story/2478675/paulo-dybala-seals-juventus-transfer-from-palermo-for-32m

Higuain for €37 million Euros
http://www.espnfc.com/story/1506002/gonzalo-higuain-pepe-reina-pass-napoli-medicals

So many missed opportunities.
He's pathetic really when it comes to being told a player is not for sale. Runs off at the first sign of rejection and doesn't even try persuade them otherwise. All because he refuses to pay over his valuation of a player . Well Wenger, that's one of the main reasons we're left 10+ points behind the leaders every season and out of the CL at the first hurdle. Because he refuses to do what every other club does to strengthen their team. Fight hard to get the player you want, even if it means paying a bit more.

Fed up of fannying around with transfers. No fan is patting you on the back for spending 10 years looking for a player just so you can save a couple of mil. We'll waste 5-15 mil on bang average players, but won't pay an extra 5-15 mil to get a top class player? When was the last time we proactively went after a player who wasn't for sale? We've got 200+ mil in the bank ffs. USE IT.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Tevez... seems like we should be investing in an Argentinian striker, no?

LordBump

Just like his 69 and 79 minute substitutions every.fckn.game.for"every.fckn.year........

He'll spend big on someone only if they fall into is lap ala Alexis, Özil, Cech.
Other that that we'll get the bargains like we do every.fckn.transfer.window.every.fckn.year.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

City is as far away from the title and us.
Much closer to a European final than us.

I'd be happy with a league two seasons ago, second last season and a semi final of the Champions League this season and the expectations for when Pep arrives.
City can be proud of their recent past and optimistic for then future, I don't know if we can.

Whatever our budget we need to be 100% aggressive in the market. Identity who we want and pursue that target at any cost. Cf, CB, Cm.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we can't get an elite striker we need the best prospect. The priority.

Everything else is a wasted pursuit of we can't correct that issue.

We also need a new centre half, centre mid, and winger which will help; but only a top, top striker can lift us up levels.

Who is the best prospect though?

I don/t see Embolo and Batshuayi as someone who will come in and find the back of the net on a consistent basis. They are physical, athletic and skillful, but they are not clever with their running and high quality finishers. We need someone who knows where the goal is. They don't have to be able to beat 3 men and score. They just need to be quicker than Giroud, have really good movement and take chances when they come their way. That is what Griezmann does. He isn't exceptional in any department by any means, but he knows how to finish.

I agree that we should be looking at the next big thing. Man United got it in Martial. People like Dybala, Griezmann and Aubameyang are unattainable. So we need to look at a real prospect. I'd like to see us sell Walcott and buy someone like Janssen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
our transfer budget will be around 80M as always even if we got load of Money + the new TV deal in the bank but don't expect Kronke give Arsène more than 100M to spend this summer.

Charisma

Who is the best prospect though?

Any Dutch lads know anything about this 21 year old Dutch striker Vincent Janssen likened to Ruud Van Nistelrooy?

I saw him against England play upfront. He got a goal and an assist that game.

He's the top scorer in the eredivisie with 25 goals in 30 starts.

Also, he has scored 19 league goals in 2016. More than Ronaldo (17), Messi (16), and Ibrahimovic (17).

nmn

This squad needs 200-300M worth of investment.

Might sound crazy but top players are 40-60M these days and we're pretty rubbish everywhere, Cech, Bellerin, Sanchez and Özil aside.
938x1400-e1428265874306.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

According to the Swiss Ramble, Arsenal’s cash balance is the highest in world football at the moment, and it’s even expected to grow to the £225m – £250m level when the next set of accounts are released in May.
What pisses me off the most is that for a bunch of money men they're incredibly stupid. If you're going to screw over the fans at least invest in some low risk ventures to increase the cash reserves.

They just have the money lying there collecting dust. Mugs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The fact we need to improve the whole spine in the first place just sums up Wenger these days. The state of the man.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Any Dutch lads know anything about this 21 year old Dutch striker Vincent Janssen likened to Ruud Van Nistelrooy?

I saw him against England play upfront. He got a goal and an assist that game.

He's the top scorer in the eredivisie with 25 goals in 30 starts.

Also, he has scored 19 league goals in 2016. More than Ronaldo (17), Messi (16), and Ibrahimovic (17).
He came out of nowhere in the second half of the season. He's a bit like our Vardy, was playing in the second division last season. He's a good striker, not topclub material. Certainly not arsenal. Even the topclubs in the Netherlands are not looking at him as a first choice, Ajax looks at Haller and Huntelaar.

OSBK

Established Member
if hummels/xshakka khan and morata or players of that calibre are available this summer then we need to break the bank.

I have seen jansenn alittle and yeah he looks a good prospect, if he played every week for us then he would bang goals in as his first instinct is too always shoot. but if its a choice between the prospect and the real deal then we have to take the real deal atm.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I always thought we had £70m to spend over two windows every season. With departures and the failure to spend last year, I fail to see why £120m shouldn't be available. We can only paper over the cracks with less to the extent that it hardly seems worth spending.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom