• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The PSG Circus

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Real aint paying Mbappe wages.
They are easily paying it. Big games from Benzema and Hazard gone, Asensio wasn't paid bad too. Next year Kroos and Modric will be gone.

Most of the players are very young, so they aren't already earning so big. Biggest problem is the loyality bonus for Mbappe from PSG, that's why he probably don't want to leave yet and not sure Real will pay it to him.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It wasn't hard to predict that Al-Khelaifi would be deeply insulted by Perez's comments about getting Mbappe for free next summer. Kind of get PSG's perspective. Mbappe and Perez set a dangerous precedent and I don't think it's far fetched that they'd want to send out a message by getting the absolute most out of Madrid. I feel like a lot of clubs are lurking in the background with different targets that could become available as a domino effect from this deal. IMO this will likely drag on all summer and a lot will depend on the Khelaifi / Perez rivalry escalates. Never going to happen, but I would totally sneak in a bid of Jesus/Balogun + 100 million for Mbappe if it does. We would undoubtedly recoup most of that fee at the very worst in a few years, and for all the baggage he comes with I think he'd be worth it based off footballing ability.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

I don’t get what the fuss is about if these are the quotes in question. He didn’t say anything outlandish in my view.

Still if that has pissed off management so much I hope PSG is willing to sell to us at a very cut price just to piss off Real. I mean Mbappe can always get his big transfer (for a big fee) to Madrid after a couple of PL and CL trophies in the great red and white.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Mbappe's salary will probably bankrupt any club poorer than those either bankrolled by oil states or the true giants of commercial revenue (Real or ManYoo). Is his commercial value anywhere near the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, or even Beckham to generate enough for the club to justify such spending?

He'd also earn the club a lot of commercvial revenue. Shirt sales would go sky rocket.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think Mbappé to Real gets done. Mbappé clearly wants Real, Real clearly wants Mbappé, and the relationship between Mbappé and PSG seems unrepairable. They can't let him walk for free, so they'll have to negotiate a price.

Pepesuave

I don’t get what the fuss is about if these are the quotes in question. He didn’t say anything outlandish in my view.

Still if that has pissed off management so much I hope PSG is willing to sell to us at a very cut price just to piss off Real. I mean Mbappe can always get his big transfer (for a big fee) to Madrid after a couple of PL and CL trophies in the great red and white.
Not sure folks here understand how transfers work, especially with the big stars. Mbappe and Mbappe alone decides where he goes. PSG can agree to sell to whoever they like and Mbappe can refuse to sign a contract so no deal

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Not sure folks here understand how transfers work, especially with the big stars. Mbappe and Mbappe alone decides where he goes. PSG can agree to sell to whoever they like and Mbappe can refuse to sign a contract so no deal

Thanks Capitan Obvious. :lol:

The assumption was Mbappe potentially wouldn’t mind joining Arsenal now as he knows Real is always an option in the future.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Mbappé just doesn’t have my admiration anymore. He does when he’s on the pitch, but generally I just get big diva vibes off him.

Spent two years flirting with Real, well it’s your feckin fault you joined PSG in the first place pal and they’re paying you an insane wage.

More hassle than he’s worth. Probably not I mean he’s still amazing, but just a big hassle.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Mbappé just doesn’t have my admiration anymore. He does when he’s on the pitch, but generally I just get big diva vibes off him.

Spent two years flirting with Real, well it’s your feckin fault you joined PSG in the first place pal and they’re paying you an insane wage.

More hassle than he’s worth. Probably not I mean he’s still amazing, but just a big hassle.

Diva?

Mohamed7

Mbappe and PSG done ruining their reps on this. Horrible turn of events last two years.

PSG will have to sell him this summer. Can’t see Real affording him now without a major asset sale. This is where the opportunity lies. Either get a fill-gap kinda deal between PSG and Real where we sign him for two years before he moves to Madrid OR sign the asset sale of Real like the Özil deal. Immense if we get Touchmeni (sp?).

Mudi

We need to be in for Mbappe. Even if it destroys our budget, but Mbappe would make this club in an instant so famous.

It would be:
Haaland vs Mbappe compared to Ronaldo vs Messi

Mbappe: the new Henry that brought the EPL after 20 years!

Commercially wise this makes so much sense. We would be instant most famous EPL team...

quattro

He'd also earn the club a lot of commercvial revenue. Shirt sales would go sky rocket.
But will this increase in revenue justify the massive increase in fixed cost (his salary)? The image value of the likes of Ronaldo and Messi transcends football fandom. Is Mbappe that much of a household name outside the football world in the same manner that those two are?

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom