• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The race for 4th place - 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Montana

Established Member
I'm surprised J'nuh isn't here to tell us that we were 6 points of 1st place last season and were going in the right direction.

Zico

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
I'm surprised J'nuh isn't here to tell us that we were 6 points of 1st place last season and were going in the right direction.

Or Law. They fight the good fight together.

United were phenomenal last season. Their goal aggregate would make Barca proud. No wonder Fabregas is full of praise for all of them.

We can be right in there next season. These teams cannot improve on where they are, but we can. That's the most important thing to remember.

Anzac

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Tony Montana said:

United were phenomenal last season. Their goal aggregate would make Barca proud. No wonder Fabregas is full of praise for all of them.

We can be right in there next season. These teams cannot improve on where they are, but we can. That's the most important thing to remember.

(In the best 'Allo 'Allo impersonation)
Listen verry carefully, I will zay zis only once.....
I believe in zis team and in ze quality we have. I will only sign if zey are special quality. Yez, we are a young side and we will continue to improve as ze playerz mature togezer as a team. I believe zey are nearly capable of winning everything & dominating ze EPL.
You stupid woman........
:wink:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Anzac said:
(In the best 'Allo 'Allo impersonation)
Listen verry carefully, I will zay zis only once.....
I stopped reading (not really) because that was funny enough. Madonna with the big ...

Anzac

Established Member
IMO even if we did manage to keep them all together then we'll still be inconsistant next season. Not just because they are still developing, but because IMO AW hasn't yet figured out the best way to play this squad, in terms of style, formation & selection.

We were playing 4411 until about Christmas, then we pushed the wide men forward after we signed AA into a 4231 with a definate front 4, now we are playing with Cesc in the hole in a 3 man midfield (as opposed to RVP) & are playing a striker & 2 wide attackers in a semi defensive 4321.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Too many numbers and formations Anzac, I preferred the 'Allo 'Allo banter.

Anyhoo, from one kiwi Anzac to another best Anzac Day mate.

Surely 4th is done and dusted now.

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Too many numbers and formations Anzac, I preferred the 'Allo 'Allo banter.

Anyhoo, from one kiwi Anzac to another best Anzac Day mate.

Surely 4th is done and dusted now.

Yeah back at ya buddy...........a sad day but a proud tradition.
And yes, with Everton & Villa still dropping points we should be in the CL next season - can't see us improving our position however.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Unbeaten in 20 games :cool: We've really pulled it together when it mattered in the race for fourth...in theory we can afford to lose to Chelsea and United now...only we can't really because we're Arsenal.

qs

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Tony Montana said:

I still think a quality striker would make a world of difference to United. I think they are in need of a few players though. Replacements for Giggs, Scholes and Neville are required. Though I think they'll stick with O'Shea and Rafael battling for the RB spot.

It might seem a strange thing to say but I still think their midfield is a bit poor. They lack someone with real creative spark in there. In fact I'd go as far as to say United lack creativity in general. Ronaldo has great individual creativity and skill but apart from that I think its all a little flat for them.

I can't see Liverpool and Chelsea improving much though. Interesting stat mentioned before the match that only Liverpool have outscored us this season. Shows exactly where we are falling down.

Anzac

Established Member
I don't think ManU are designed to have a creative spark from midfield - they look to get the ball to their attack early & work the creativity from there. The wide mids contribute to their attack, but the central mids are supporting the defence & attack from the CM line.

qs

Established Member
Yeah but I don't think thats by design. I think Fergie has misjudged the creative influence his central mids would have. I think he expected more from Carrick and to a lesser extent Anderson. I think they need a player who can do what Scholes did in his prime. Plus what they get from the wings is only down to Ronaldo. Nani offers **** all and Giggs is more often played centrally.

Viking

United definitely need wingers. Park is a good little player, but he's not especially creative, so apart from Ronaldo and the aging Giggs they're very short on players.

Anzac

Established Member
Yeah - I actually lay the blame in regards as to how he's used his attack with Ronaldo, Berbatov, Tevez & Rooney. Much was being said earlier in the season about how they've been interchangeing roles & positions in attack, but I feel that this has resulted in a loss of control & creativity when the players have been out of form etc. In particular the Tevez/Berbatov issue hasn't helped (not that I want them to get it sorted).

LeTallec

shouldnt it be the race for 3rd now..anyway i think the reason you guys did not challenge this season was you lost flamini and hleb and did not replace them.. youve replaced hleb with a better player and its making the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom