• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
patrick42uk said:
Anyone with knowledge of the German league out there? Whats your take on Michael Bradley?
Michael Bradley is a really up and coming player... he started off slow in his development, and then exploded in the Eredivisie 2 seasons ago.. then made the mistake of going to relegation fodder in the Bundesliga (stayed up on the last day)..

he's young (22) but not TOO young, he's tall(ish) at 6'1" and he can distribute and tackle.. has a tendency to get booked (sent off v. Spain in the Confed Cup and also got a yellow v. Egypt)..

if he got a chance to go to a larger team than Borussia Moche (eh, cant spell it), i think he could do well.. will be a key player in the US national team for years to come.

for a small fee (5m or 6m), i would look at him, but he's not worth the big money yet.. and it would be nice to have a Yank at Arsenal (contrary to what other people think, there are actually decent Yanks out there)

progman07

Established Member
Lazaq said:
Let's releive Real Madrid of Mamadou Diarra and Wesley Sneijder, please. :bounce
Did you watch him last season, or only chose him because of his reputation? I heard the Madrid fans really want him out.

Floating

Established Member
Oh man, I recommend that everyone read the early pages of this thread - it dates back to the summer of 2004, and most of it is really hilarious!

Highlights include the unabashed fawning over of Paul Robinson and Michael Dawson (both pre-Spuds), and one Gooner confidently declaring that Jermaine Pennant and Shaun Wright-Phillips would both surpass Freddie Ljungberg.

:lol:

Doctor OKO

I'm really hoping for another defender, a holding midfielder and another quality striker.
Will we get it though? Fat chance.

Anzac

Established Member
I want our midfield sorted.

I don't think there was any disputing that it was our major issue last season, and remained so at the end of the season. I can not believe the number of threads we have on the subject & the amount of debate we've had on the matter, yet as soon as it seems we've lost out on signing our 'primary' target many here are now talking of rather persisting with the status quo = f*ck me & deja-vu from last summer!!!!!!!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
progman07 said:
Lazaq said:
Let's releive Real Madrid of Mamadou Diarra and Wesley Sneijder, please. :bounce
Did you watch him last season, or only chose him because of his reputation? I heard the Madrid fans really want him out.
As ibby said he was injured most of last season. And the Madrid fans wanted Makelele out before he left too. They don't get defensive midfielders over there, unless their name is Fernando Redondo. Their loss. Diarra would be immense for us. He's a Gilberto clone.

athreya74

Klaus Daimler said:
progman07 said:
Lazaq said:
As ibby said he was injured most of last season. And the Madrid fans wanted Makelele out before he left too. They don't get defensive midfielders over there, unless their name is Fernando Redondo. Their loss. Diarra would be immense for us. He's a Gilberto clone.

No thanks. African Cup of Nations. You can't have 3-4 key players depart for a month in the middle of season every two years.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Thats what Diaby Denilson Ramsey is for.

Thats why there are fringe players

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
athreya74 said:
No thanks. African Cup of Nations. You can't have 3-4 key players depart for a month in the middle of season every two years.
That's no different to losing non-african players to injuries for several months every season. We've got backup options who are able to cover for a month or so. Just not regularly. I would be pretty relaxed if Denilson was the backup alternative rather than the main option. The kid showed glimpses last season of the player he's got potential to be in the future.

asajoseph

Established Member
It's not different, because we lose those players for the ACN on top of any injuries they might suffer.

It's just your regular starter for 10.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
asa: True, but I don't think the ACN is a big problem to be honest. It's only a month at the most after all. Probably less for most of them since some teams are bound to be knocked out sooner rather than later. If the team plays well up until that point it will continue to do well, with or without certain players. The most important thing up until then is to make the squad players feel like they're part of a winning team which is feared by the opponents. Diarra has an excellent injury record too, the bad knee injury last season apart. Even with the ACN in mind he could probably play 40+ games for us during next season.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom