• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, I don't think it's a total red flag, but it must surely be something to be mindful of, for a number of reasons:

1) A bad month can swing a whole season - the results can in themselves be damaging, or getting into a funk the team struggles to get out of

2) It may just be a month out of the season, but there are associated risks - international cups are intense affairs, the emotional and physical strain could easily leave a player extremely drained, even after the month itself is over.

3) If we signed Diarra, we wouldn't be losing one, but two partners for Cesc at once, whilst bringing in Denilson who, to that point, probably would not have actually played all that much. The transition might be rough.

Would I sign Diarra? Probably, if we had reason to believe he could physically cope and get his form back. But there's a lot of things we'd need to worry about, for sure.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yes, there are things to be mindful about, no doubt. The third point is perhaps the one of most concern to me. Still, this isn't a unique situation for us. Mikel and Essien will both disappear at the same time for Chelsea, for example. The ACN in itself is a bit untimely, but ultimately not something that I think should stop you from signing a player who possesses the right qualities. Even if he's away during february he'd still provide us with more quality during the rest of the season than a lesser player of a different nationality would.

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Yes, there are things to be mindful about, no doubt. The third point is perhaps the one of most concern to me. Still, this isn't a unique situation for us. Mikel and Essien will both disappear at the same time for Chelsea, for example. The ACN in itself is a bit untimely, but ultimately not something that I think should stop you from signing a player who possesses the right qualities. Even if he's away during february he'd still provide us with more quality during the rest of the season than a lesser player of a different nationality would.

Agreed = you don't NOT sign a player because of untimely international committments if they are what the team requires.

Floating

Established Member
Has anyone seen Leverkusen's Arturo Vidal? He seems like a versatile, defensive player with a lot of aggression and technique.

M+D

Established Member
Villarreal defender Pascal Cygan wants a reunion with Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger.

And as for teaming up with Wenger?

"He told me that if it went wrong in Spain, the door would still be open. Now I'm awaiting his phonecall," said Cygan, laughing.

:lol: Legend

He's on my wishlist, could be converted into a perfect partner for Cesc - 6ft 4, EPL winner, played at the highest level for years - that's what you all want isn't it?

progman07

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
Villarreal defender Pascal Cygan wants a reunion with Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger.

And as for teaming up with Wenger?

"He told me that if it went wrong in Spain, the door would still be open. Now I'm awaiting his phonecall," said Cygan, laughing.

:lol: Legend

He's on my wishlist, could be converted into a perfect partner for Cesc - 6ft 4, EPL winner, played at the highest level for years - that's what you all want isn't it?
+ can tackle and has got a great youtube video.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I wish for the side of 05/06 UCL to come alive again in my lifetime

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No, the 05/06 side had the kind of charisma and unique feel about them that no other Arsenal side can come close to replace.

The 2 nights against Madrid, the home ties against Villarreal, Juve, the bergkamp late goal against thun, henry's and rvp goals against prague, the lehmann super saves, and everything

ibby

Established Member
Clrnc said:
No, the 05/06 side had the kind of charisma and unique feel about them that no other Arsenal side can come close to replace.

The 2 nights against Madrid, the home ties against Villarreal, Juve, the bergkamp late goal against thun, henry's and rvp goals against prague, the lehmann super saves, and everything
I agree the Champions League run was special but compared to Arsenal's other sides under Arsène, the 2005/2006 team was average (good at best). We were very lucky to even play in the Champions League the following season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I actually analysed alot of that season. We started very well and actually played fairly well in the league. There was some superb wins against tough oppositions.

But we were very unlucky in alot of matches. We also lost a few home matches we shouldn't have. All those add up together and that side was actually a very good side that should have finish higher up the table.

I think the league position and how lucky we got on the last day should'nt influence how good a footballing team that was. 03-06 was our best year, but I like the 05-06 UCL side the most.

Kraig

Established Member
05-06 team doesnt come close to the quality of the invincibles. that team should have won the quadruple but that ****ing scumbag bridge took away our CL final

ibby

Established Member
Clrnc said:
We started very well and actually played fairly well in the league. There was some superb wins against tough oppositions.
Out the 'Top Four' we only beat Liverpool at home that season. We lost against Chelsea twice, Liverpool once, United once (and one draw). We also failed to beat Sp**s at all that season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s drew because of the cheating goal by the ****s. Unlucky against Chelsea both times, especially at home where we scored first but was wrongly ruled out. Liverpool with the uber late goal by Luis Garca. Should have won the united home but deservingly lost the away one though. All these said now are useless though. Just glad memories are there for us.

In my heart, I feel closer to the UCL team than the Invincibles. Both are awesome in their own respect, but I just felt UCL was very very unique to me. You will never ever get an invincible side again maybe in this lifetime, but then again you will also not see a 10 clean sheet side by a makeshift defence, those kind of unbelivable saves by a goalie, that penalty stop in the last minute, the pires tackle on vieira, that henry goal in the bernabeu, that raul stop etc etc.

I really don't know whether we would see another UCL final side for Arsenal in this lifetime. We were supposed to win that night to end that fairytale dream. Like Wenger said, we prepared for like 10 days with all our might and heart, every min was planned and prepared yet by the end of the 20th min, it wasn't a contest anymore. The Highbury final day was like a dream for us though, a Henry Hattrick, a Spud loss, the last day of the great stadium ended so well with all the legends back etc. With all these I just can't forget that season.

Anyway, I just realised Reyes leaving was mainly because of the Aragones incident he just can't stay here anymore based on what I have seen on my instinct. Every goal he scored for us after that incident was celebrated only by him and Cesc, nobody else joined him. He was left out of many games after that as well.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom