• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Webdesignlab

Established Member
@ Asa

Reason for wish list part 2.

The wish list has been basically that .. all wish and no substance as we never actually buy anyone and cannot afford anyone.

Since the sale of Ade, we can now actually think about spending real money on a DM, striker etc.

So a new wish list was specifically to address the replacement of Ade's presence in the squad.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Pies said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Yeah, France are playing with two defensive-minded central midfielders too. Like I said, it's not the same thing. He's got Vieira in the national team, Källström (when he's not improperly used as defensive cover due to injuries) in Lyon... He could most definitely do the job in a 4-3-3, but we haven't showed any signs of moving to a different type of system as of yet.

Not trying to have a go but seriously mate, Vieira has barely featured for France over the last few years, and Kallstrom has rarely played in central midfield for them... Makoun and Lass Diarra have been the main partners for him.

I don't see any reason why he can't play in a 442, and he has proved that he is fine in that formation.
Agreed. Its not really the point about formation though, I think Klaus think he don't suit us which clearly isn't that case.

Tackling and hardworking is one of his strongest points which I agree with you.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Pies said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Yeah, France are playing with two defensive-minded central midfielders too. Like I said, it's not the same thing. He's got Vieira in the national team, Källström (when he's not improperly used as defensive cover due to injuries) in Lyon... He could most definitely do the job in a 4-3-3, but we haven't showed any signs of moving to a different type of system as of yet.

Not trying to have a go but seriously mate, Vieira has barely featured for France over the last few years, and Kallstrom has rarely played in central midfield for them...
Regardless of where Källström plays he's taking a lot of defensive responsibility in midfield for Lyon. Regardless of whether it's Vieira (who's been ever so regular for the national team in latter years unless you're thinking of the Euros which he missed due to a knee injury) or anyone else (i.e. Diarra) France are still playing with two defensive-minded central mids. I just don't think that Toulalan is energetic or aggressive enough to handle the role at Arsenal where everyone's attacking. Especially not if we're gonna play Arshavin on the wing next season too.

Clrnc said:
Agreed. Its not really the point about formation though, I think Klaus think he don't suit us which clearly isn't that case.
No, it depends. As I said Toulalan is a great player in his own right. But he's not what we're looking for if we want to recreate (and possibly improve) the Arsenal team from 07/08.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Thats where I disagree with you though, as I think hes the perfect partner. He plays alot like Flamini too, but only better in terms of positioning and passing, unlike Flamini who sometimes still have the headless chicken self.

Anyway, since Toulalan joined the French team, he hasn't really paired up with Vieira at all since the ladder is injured for a long while.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Thats where I disagree with you though, as I think hes the perfect partner. He plays alot like Flamini too, but only better in terms of positioning and passing, unlike Flamini who sometimes still have the headless chicken self.
Maybe. I'm not saying he won't work, I just find it unlikely. I can't agree with you that his passing is better than Flamini either. Toulalan may have a great range but he's just not very creative. At no point did I call him a bad player though ;) I think he's great. I just don't think he'd be great for us.

Clrnc said:
Anyway, since Toulalan joined the French team, he hasn't really paired up with Vieira at all since the ladder is injured for a long while.
Perhaps, but it's a moot point. The point was how they played, not who he's being partnered with.

Pies

My main gripe with the argument is where you say that Toulalan is not a "ridiculously hard-working, no-nonsense energy packet" - he works his socks off, and like I said earlier, many of his France and OL teammates have said that as well, and I have witnessed this with my own eyes, I watch virtually every France match and many OL games. I agree with Clrnc that he shares a lot of attributes with Flamini, which I think worked beautifully alongside Cesc. I also like that Toulalan has a good enigne and work rate but is normally pretty well positioned, both to break up attacks, and is always available to receive the ball. I think he would be great with us personally.

I realise that we all have different opinions of players, I can respect that.

Highly unlikely that we will get him anyway. :)

scytheavatar

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Clrnc said:
Maybe. I'm not saying he won't work, I just find it unlikely. I can't agree with you that his passing is better than Flamini either. Toulalan may have a great range but he's just not very creative. At no point did I call him a bad player though ;) I think he's great. I just don't think he'd be great for us.

Are you talking about someone to partner Cesc, or someone to be a replacement for Cesc? Because if it's the former why the heck would we need him to be "very creative"? And can people please stop trying to make Cesc out to be some sort of one-trick pony that must have a Flamini as his partner? Have you guys forgotten that he had a nice partnership going with Gliberto in the season prior to last? If Cesc is such a limited player that we must have a Flamini clone as his partner why the heck are we still keeping such a crappy player?

Someone with some strength, is reasonably good at defending and can free Cesc from his defensive duties to do his playmaking job will be a good Cesc partner. And Toulalan fits the bill. Can people please stop thinking that we must get a Flamini clone?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Clrnc said:

Are you talking about someone to partner Cesc, or someone to be a replacement for Cesc? Because if it's the former why the heck would we need him to be "very creative"?
I didn't say he has to be "very creative", I said that Toulalan is not "very creative" - as in, he lacks creativity altogether. And I feel it's an important attribute regardless of where you're playing on the field. Especially in central mid though, as it frees up space for Cesc. It's not that Fabregas is a one-trick pony, it's about getting the best out of his ability. And Cesc looked much better playing with Flamini than he did playing with Gilberto.

Lazaq

The great thing about Melo was that he ticked so many boxes; strong defensively, creative, puts in reasonable effort, fairly menacing and so on. There are better defensive midfielders, better offensive midfielders and there are better tacklers, but he had enough of everything. From what I understand, Matuidi is the closest we can realistically get to ticking that many boxes now that Melo is lost.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Man if Real is having a yardsale Huntelaar, Diarra and one of the dutchmen would really slot in nicely into arsenal

qs

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Man if Real is having a yardsale Huntelaar, Diarra and one of the dutchmen would really slot in nicely into arsenal

Huntelaar, M Diarra and Snjeider would be nice alright.

Floating

Established Member
How much do we expect Huntelaar to be sold for? £16-20m? If we truly sell Adebayor for £22-25m and buy Huntelaar, we would be making money, and buying a player that would be the same age as Adebayor, with just as much experience, that is hungry to prove himself in the EPL, that doesn't leave for the ACN, and that is more likely suited to the way we play.

I say go for it!

number_0

Established Member
M.diarra and Snjeider please, even with the loss of adebayor we are sorted upfront, unless a really world class striker turns up.
I wouldnt mind lass aswell if it wasnt for the unwritten rule at arsenal about ex-players.

progman07

Established Member
Ah it's the 100th page in the Wish List Thread. :bounce

You can't let it go without contributing with a nice dream lineup.

I only put 2 players into the team, so it's a bit more realistic... :D

---------Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

---------Essien Cesc

---Ribery--Rosicky--Arshavin

-----------Eduardo

Let's assume everyone's fit and ready to perform. What an amazing team that would be. :shock:

alboots101

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUokMbJC3P8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUokMbJC3P8</a>

moony
Sags
Verm
Toure
Gibbs
Rosicky
Cesc
Denilson
Arsh
RvP
Eddy the Arsenals no9

Anzac

Established Member
In regards to any potential replacement for Greedybayor = I don't want another out & out goal scorer, but rather someone who can score but more importantly provides a better continuity in our attack. I don't want anyone who will look to become the focus of our goal scoring, but someone who will work with the attack - a more 'finished' version of Bendtner? If AW is looking for the same thing then I suspect he won't sign a recognised starter so as not to 'kill' Bendtner.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom