• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ricky1985

Established Member
ibby said:
I got the link from Football Italia today and I've never seen them quotes before.

I think he means two weeks left 'til the end of the season. No deal has been struck to with Juventus yet and his future still isn't decided.

Last week Buffon said this:

“The best players in the world want to be playing for the top teams in the top three leagues, no more than five or six teams in Europe. It’s a very elite list and Manchester City have to accept the fact they are not one of them.

“I read that City were interested in me last summer. I don’t know if anything was tabled, but there is no way I could have considered it.

“I couldn’t justify leaving one of Europe’s most famous clubs for a team that are not playing football at the highest level.”

“They have signed some fantastic players, but if they want to go up to the next level and sign even better players then they must claim a Champions League spot this year."

It's not money he's interested in, that's for sure.
Thanks, ibbs.

So basically if we want him we could most likely get him, but, we all know there's close to a zero percent chance of that happening, and from that last quote, it sounds like if City get in the Champions League, getting Buffon is 99% certain.

The only positive I can take is it means Joe Hart would definitely become available, and he's more a Wenger signing. So at least we'd be getting a quality Number 1 (I'm refusing to consider the possibility that Wenger won;t buy a 'Keeper), even if it does mean City would have Gianluigi Buffon as their's!

Lord Dula

Established Member
Ricky, I honestly dont think we'll get a new keeper. Wenger doesnt do the obvious, and he'll be hell bent on seeing Fabianski thrive and prove everyone wrong (which clearly wont happen)

if we sign anyone, it'll most likely be that rightback from ajax, or someone who's not going to solve our problems

ricky1985

Established Member
Na, he has to buy a goalkeeper, it's just not something he can mess around with. I can't see even Wenger being that stubborn, in fact I wouldn't call it stubbornness if he doesn't buy a goalkeeper I'd call it a dereliction of duty. He absolutely has to buy a goalkeeper, and he knows it too.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Just extrapolating his stubborness levels, and by my calcs, persisting with Fabianski is more or less in line with what we should expect.

Dont expect much more than Chamakh. It was only 3 months ago he couldnt find anyone of the right quality to improve on what we have.

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
dendito said:
How could you guys even think about letting RVP go???

If i had to choose between RVP going or Fabregas going i think i'd keep RVP in the team!

IMO most important player in our team.

Even if he was, and he's not BTW, he'd only be the most important player for half the season anyway.

There seems to be this cult movement in A-M where RVP is considered our best player. :lol:

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
qs said:
dendito said:
How could you guys even think about letting RVP go???

If i had to choose between RVP going or Fabregas going i think i'd keep RVP in the team!

IMO most important player in our team.

Even if he was, and he's not BTW, he'd only be the most important player for half the season anyway.

There seems to be this cult movement in A-M where RVP is considered our best player. :lol:

Based on 15 minutes against Sp**s too.

qs

Established Member
In fairness Capi I do think he's our second best player so I suppose if I had your ridiculous opinion of Cesc I'd agree. ;)

Floating

Established Member
Our spine is Vermaelen, Song, Fabregas, and van Persie.

Four players of the highest quality. Four brothers at arms!

Floating

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Add to that spine Buffon, cahill, and chamakh and I'll be the happiest dula alive

- - - - - - - - - - - Buffon - - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - Cahill - Vermaelen - Clichy
- - - - - - - - - - - Song - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - Fabregas - Diaby - - - - - - -
Chamakh - - - - - - - - - - - - Arshavin
- - - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - - - -

Happy? :mrgreen:

Kraig

Established Member
id still be disappointed to see diaby in that side. far too inconsistent. get toulalan in and we're laughing!

Floating

Established Member
Diaby IS consistent when he has good players around him.

Diaby was immense with Cesc and Song from about October to March. Remember, during that period, he was very consistent - turned out a solid 7 or 8 performance every match. But without them both, his role became less defined and he, like everyone else, struggled to create and play effectively.

Kraig

Established Member
i know he improved, but id say he was only good over a 4-5 game period. in a season 60+ games it aint good enough.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom