• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vela

Established Member
A lot of people are mentioning Podolski. I see the idea of getting a striker who can play on the wing and up front. Because we all know AW won't change the formation. Would Podolski suit the Premiership? I agree on the attacking midfielder also. We've got 50/60 Million to spend reportedly.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I don't want Pato, he's a quality player but he's also seriously injury prone, he'll get murdered in the PL IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
a good winger to replace arshavin thx you. cuz gervinho will leave us cuz the ACN and then we will be in trouble.

Floating

Established Member
He was fairly impressive against us, but didn't manage to do anything of note, really. He's a decent player, but he doesn't score nearly enough for his position.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Floating said:
He was fairly impressive against us, but didn't manage to do anything of note, really. He's a decent player, but he doesn't score nearly enough for his position.

So does that mean we need at least two players? one reliable goalscorer whatever the position, and another creative player to up the quality of build up and chance creation? I was hoping we'd find a player with all these qualities lol. if only Kaka weren't injury prone. If Diaby hits form and keeps injury free, it'll rule out Gourcuff as well.

Floating

Established Member
mavelous said:
Floating said:

So does that mean we need at least two players? one reliable goalscorer whatever the position, and another creative player to up the quality of build up and chance creation? I was hoping we'd find a player with all these qualities lol. if only Kaka weren't injury prone. If Diaby hits form and keeps injury free, it'll rule out Gourcuff as well.

Not exactly — I just meant that I don't think Dembele is necessarily the best player to look at.

mistaT

Established Member
mavelous said:

Gourcuff is budget, really doubt we'll see him moving to Arsenal as I can't imagine we're interested. But Diaby isn't the answer either as we need someone to spot and play passes quicker than Ramsey - which Diaby certainly doesn't do.

I think its a fair shout we need a goalscorer as we'll only have RVP (well into the 'Red Zone' by January' and Park when Chamakh leaves for Africa. Makes you think that having Bendtner around wouldn't be such a bad option....

Still think Podolski seems a good fit though he'd probably fair better wide, Amauri has been rumored to be heading to England (meh), and past there I really can't think of many readily available strikers.

Hulk is a pipe dream, Falcao should have been snagged last summer, Darren Bent is another personal pipe dream, and so on.....you know Wenger will pull someone out of a hat. But this time he needs to be sure they'll be ready to play serious minutes, and contribute. Don't want to see another Park signing in January.

Figure it out Wenger

Glovegun

Established Member
We need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net when Robin is injured or out of form, and ideally a playmaker to break down defensive teams at home - Saturday being a case in point.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Granero and Lavezzi.

Could think of better options but both would be affordable and somewhat realistic.

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
Granero and Lavezzi.

Could think of better options but both would be affordable and somewhat realistic.

I'd be stoked if we got that sort of quality / capability,
but still leaves us short of a genuine goal scorer to lead the line.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nothing new,

Chamakh, Squillaci and Arshavin out.
Podolski,Gotze in.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I'll be proper relieved as long as I don't see that truckface Arshavin anymore. how much crap do we gooners have to put up with just for occasional flashes?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

mavelous said:
I'll be proper relieved as long as I don't see that truckface Arshavin anymore. how much crap do we gooners have to put up with just for occasional flashes?
Thing is, he's not even giving us them any more, seriously i can't remember the last time he he done something of note, Barca at home maybe?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom