• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AJ100

Yaya Toure or Mascherano or Baptista

Ribery or Van der Vaart

C.Davies or Thuram or Mexes

Sahin would be perfect but you cant get everything

Jack Carter

Players I want?

Yaya Toure - A goal machine who Kolo say`s is a better player than him.

Franck Ribery - Awesome player on the International Stage, so should be even better at National level. (A true two footed player whose technically gifted).

Buffon. Need I explain??

I think at the back we need experience, especially if Cygan goes aswell (although that was a bad experience!). So Thuram would be ideal and he could now wear his favoured No. 15 shirt.

I'm not sure that Davies is much better than Djourou, especially at the £10m being muted.

In midfield I would like to see Ribery in and we should cash in on Reyes. I like him, but from the moment he arrived he never looked like he wanted to be here but only came coz it was an amazing deal. We could recoup our money from Real for him.

I would also like to see Ya Ya Toure but he is too similar to Diaby, so would prefer a left footed passer for balance (like Gago). He would complement someone like Diaby or Gilberto with Fabregas as playmaker.

Up front, we need 4 top strikers. That leaves King Henry, Adebayor and van Persie. So, Saviola would be a good addition for no more than £5m. Wacott wasn't good enough to play from Jan to May 2006, so why should he be good enough to play the first half of next season? He's only gonna play in the Carling Cup and the odd sub next season, so we should loan him out. I'm not knocking the lad, but these are the facts.

AJ100

YAYA toure and baptista WOULD be the strongest centre midfield pairing in the premiership as they are both beasts

AJ100

YAYA toure and baptista WOULD be the strongest centre midfield pairing in the premiership as they are both beasts

Grampus_Eight

Hi. This is only my second or third post on this forum, even though I've been a daily reader for a while. Anyway, Manuel Fernandes is a player I'm really interested in right now. Even though I've only seen him a couple of time in the Champions League, I rate him very highly. Had a blinder in one of their quarter finals legs against Barcelona. He looks total class.

His higlights, for what they are worth, can be found over at the youtube DOT COM.
act.

He's a defensive midfielder with real technical ability and is able to get forward and shoot from range with both feet. However, there appears to be some question about the extent of an injury (knee) he has and whether it's serious or he's using it to try and leave Benfica. Here's some more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Henriques_Fernandes
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060320/1/6c9d.html

What's shocking to me is that Portsmouth are the only team that seem to be mentioned with him right now. They want to partner him with Pedro Mendes who was outstanding and kept them up almost single-handedly at the end last season. Fernandes looks like he might be a bit short, but that would only complete Arsène's new look midfield. Seriously though, he looks the business and I could envision him being able to partner with Cesc or play a more box to box role in a five-man midfield with Gilberto holding, and eventually passing the reigns over to him.

Portsmouth are very serious about spending Gaydamak's ill-gotten gains from arms dealing and whatnot. Maybe we should have held onto Sol for another week and used him as leverage to get Pompey and 'Arry to back off Fernandes. Obviously, he would go to Arsenal over Pompey, if only we bid for him. But we spent almost 3M on Song, so I guess he's the future of our midfield!!!

Here are the media transfer links:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 78,00.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

I think Gilberto could really mentor Fernandes and since he's only 20, it would allow him time to adapt whilst occasionally starting over Gilberto and playing in a five man midfield.

Anyway, no links to him...Time to send Le Boss a fax?

Does anyone here follow Portugese football and Benfica regularly? Why has only Pompey have been linked with him? If he moves there and has a good season, what will his value rise to next year?

Sorry for the long post.
- Grampus_Eight

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom