• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Completely outlandish but I’d love us to try and get Yamal if Barca’s financial situation is still grim.

Ballon D’Or winner potential this lad has.

Kuroske

Its a fan owned club. Not possible to sell fan favourite players.
In any case Barca is Barca, they have a much bigger pull than us. They are just below Madrid. We all saw Barca trying to push FDJ to united. Agreed on the transfer fees amd even using the media trying to force him to move. But the player just wouldn't move.
Although FDJ may be possible this year.

Barcelona never sold their best players to generate income. They will get the funds anyways by selling/mortgage their brand.

They will not be that stupid to sell their future messi/xavi/iniesta.

However, that being said, I love to have FDJ and Ter Stegen to join us.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
GK - Ramsdale will go, so we need an able deputy. Can't think of any outstanding contenders tbh.

LB - Miguel Gutierrez at Girona. Real have 50% ownership rights, so might be tricky.

CM - Douglas Luiz. Excellent all round midfielder

MF - Xavi Simons - can play Ode position & maybe at 8 also.

Winger - Rafael Leao or Rodrygo (both would be nice haha)

Striker - Alexander Isak

Would use Zinny in MF as an 8. Introduce MLS & Nwaneri.

Sell Viera, KT, Tavares, Sambi, Nelson, Eddie & TP.

benjamin86

Established Member
Playing the knockout rounds of the Champions league does make it very clear we lack some killers going forward. I think we most likely need a transitional threat whether that's a winger and/or a striker and a very good technical midfielder to complement Rice and Ødegaard.

Bloodbather

Established Member

By order of priority:

CM - Frenkie de Jong / Lucas Paquetá / Bruno Guimarães / Douglas Luiz
W - Rafael Leão / Kvitcha Kvaratskhelia / Nico Williams / Takefusa Kubo
CB - Ousmane Diomande / Riccardo Calafiori / Jorrel Hato
DM - Amadou Onana / Maxence Caqueret / Lucas Gourna-Douath

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
We need players with individual brilliance that can take control of a game because right now I would argue our players are good to great on their day but we need great to amazing players.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Where all the Barella links at?

It’s like my prayers just don’t work anymore these days

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Liking the energy in this thread, pretty much all going for the same pool of elite players.

We’ve gotta be going for De Jong in midfield if he’s available. Gutierrez at left back from Girona/Madrid. Striker and winger spots are disgustingly low on quality right now. We need one from Musiala, Leao, Isak or Rodrygo.

And then one from the lower pool Sesko, Nico Williams etc. Must get one of those elite 4 though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Make it happen. That left foot is amazing. Had my doubts, but after 2 games against Liverpool I have no doubt he handles the PL

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

For me the one player I would like is Frenkie De Jong, he’s into the final 2 years of his contract at Barca so a decision will be made either way.

He’d cost about £70-80M but I personally believe he’s the best we can get.

FDJ, Rice and Ødegaard is an ELITE midfield.

To add to this Barca sent a contract renewal offer to De Jong 3 months ago and he’s yet to respond.

I’ve got a feeling…

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Barella/Paqueta - 80
De Jong - 70
Sesko - 40
Leao/Kvaratskhelia/Rodrygo - 100
Backup GK - 10

Promote Walters, Nwaneri and MLS.

Sell/loan Martinelli, ESR, Nketiah, Nelson, Ramsdale, Lokonga, Tierney, Tavares, Patino, Biereth, Vieira

Should be able to end up around 100m net spend.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
For me the one player I would like is Frenkie De Jong, he’s into the final 2 years of his contract at Barca so a decision will be made either way.

He’d cost about £70-80M but I personally believe he’s the best we can get.

FDJ, Rice and Ødegaard is an ELITE midfield.

To add to this Barca sent a contract renewal offer to De Jong 3 months ago and he’s yet to respond.

I’ve got a feeling…

I’ve actually gone off him a bit. Since the World Cup, and watching bits this season, I think he might be a bit overrated.

For us, while the right profile, I don’t think he has the right mentality, like if he was in our side vs Bayern, I don’t think the result would be any different. He doesn’t impact games enough. For example, I think Jorginho tries more incisive balls than Frenkie who plays a little too safe.

Having said that, he might just need the right environment to thrive. I’d say a midfield three of Rice De Jong and Ødegaard allows all three to play in their best position.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would still look at signing a winger but Olise for left 8 is something I've advocated for in the past. He makes way more sense for that role than Havertz and is not quite the workshy player that he's often typecast as. On the contrary, seems quite humble. I doubt there's a true link and honestly I'm worried about his injury history at the moment so I'd look elsewhere but it's not the worst idea.
Why not sign Eze instead? Olise is a winger first and foremost. You are going to lose a lot of out-of-possession quality with Olise in midfield. Eze is more of a midfielder and ex-Arsenal. I also like Gibbs-White and Wirtz, but I feel Eze would be more affordable and ready for the step-up.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why not sign Eze instead? Olise is a winger first and foremost. You are going to lose a lot of out-of-possession quality with Olise in midfield. Eze is more of a midfielder and ex-Arsenal. I also like Gibbs-White and Wirtz, but I feel Eze would be more affordable and ready for the step-up.

Eze will not be cheap. But if Forrest go down I wonder if we could convert Morgan White to a central midfielder

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Either of them would suit me fine. Eze wouldn't be that affordable but I'd definitely take him. He fits the profile of what I would want in midfield - carrying, good physical attributes, good technical base. Olise isn't really a winger though, he's a playmaker playing as a winger because he can attack and Palace don't have great attackers post-Zaha. Once he moves into the middle, he'll get even better. I wouldn't sign Olise if we were gonna play him on the wing, that's a waste.

Gibbs-White isn't all that for me though, he's always struck me as the kind of guy who's ceiling is Sp*rs. The last player I felt that way about was James Maddison and look at where he is now :lol: (I'm sure there are still some here who would take Maddison but not for me).

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom