• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott's Contract Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartandre217

Established Member
Chances are with these deals they're backloaded and performance based

I.e.

You stay longer, you'll get paid more. Play well while you stay longer and your contract will be even sweeter. Gives loyalty incentives AND gives players a reason to perform, beyond that of personal pride.

Jack is probably on ~60k now, will get 70k next year, 75k the year after, 80k the following year and so on.

Le Titi

Fingers crossed we get Theo signed up.

I liked the front three of Podolski - Walcott - Ox on Monday night, would be interesting to see it against tougher opposition.

Mastadon

Established Member
In the context of Jack getting 80-85k p/w and Ramsey getting around 60k, Theo deserves at least 100k as the most senior, marketable and productive player of the lot. In contrast previous reports were claiming Walcott was being offered 75k, enough to make one nearly swerve off the road. If the wages being offered to the others are accurate I wouldnt expect Theo to settle for anything less than 100k.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@OliPriceBates
Arsenal re-open talks with Walcott
Arsenal have re-opened contract talks with Theo Walcott for the first time since the English forward rejected a £70,000 per-week deal back at August 28th.

Walcott is now thought to be ready to accept a £85,000 per-week deal if he is given more assurances of first team football down the middle.

Theo impressed on Monday night playing there for the first time this season and with Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keiran Gibbs all close to new deals, the British core is looking strong for Arsenal.
85-90k is probably about right, Arsenal wont go to 100k and Theo doesn't want 75k.
Hopefully we can get this done - Theo, OX, Wilshere, Gibbs, Ramsey, Jenkinson that's a British core that this club can build around for now and the future
If we do sign Theo on I can't see Wenger buying another CF, Wenger will have Theo, Giroud and Podolski who can play there and he might look to strengthen out wide (zaha anyone)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Time to lock this up (87 pages - bloody hell), and since contract talks resumed with Theo according to the latest reports, be so kind and post further Updates here.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom