• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott's Contract Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

I think Wenger just wants him signer one way or the other and whatever it takes for now is worth it. If they can't agree about position after that, we can at least get a good resale value in the summer. The problem is, Walcott's agent mist be thinking through every scenario and it seems to most people that AW doesn't rate him as much of a striker. Will be interesting to see if he gets the nod in an important and more difficult game.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@GeoffArsenal
Theo Walcott resumes talks with Arsenal today. I'm informed he wants to stay. Lets offer him a decent deal and get it done pls #SignDaTing
Yesssssssssssss
If Theo does sign on do you guys think Wenger will buy another CF in January?

Cruisio

Established Member
Titi:

Yeah you still don't really get it

All Theo can do, is play and help the team (score goals, assist, create space for others) he's been one of our best players this season (not overly difficult) and was in the top three of our best players last season (RvP, Song, Theo, argument to be made for Arteta). Yup, he can still be frustratingly inconsistent, but this season especially he's been good in far more games than he's been bad, that's progression, the kind of progression you want to see from a player who is still young

To wish him gone, before we've even played the game, is not in the teams best interest at all. No matter how you feel about him you should be talking about how you wish for him to score many goals and prove you wrong, not to sarcastically talk about peoples reaction to a good performance before it's even happened! THAT would be in the teams best interest, but no, you p***ed and moaned and it blatantly looked like you had an agenda. Before any game i'd like nothing more for Gervinho to score a hat trick filled with wonder goals and you won't see me moaning (or praising) his contributions until after they've happened

Theo's been one of our most productive players for quite a while now, this hasn't just happened, and then he got his chance yesterday and took it. I've said already on this forum, theres FAR too much talk about being proved wrong on here, if players contribute and perform well (to which Wenger and Wilshere seem to agree he did) then that's all that matters, nobody cares what you're or anybody else's opinions of a player were before the event if that happens

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not sure anymore. I'm starting to think Theo would like to stay for the right money.

He's an intelligent lad, and he knows his best chances of regular football in either position (RWF or CF) still lie at Arsenal. I don't believe he wants to go up north, and Chelsea want a tried and tested world class CF.

If he starts central in all his remaining games, I'd see that as an act of desperation by Wenger, but not one I'd be too gutted to see.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I get the feeling that Walcott would prefer to stay here, but I think he genuinely believes he is not just a striker but a very good striker. So I think he just wants to be assured that he'll get to play there regularly and be paid accordingly.

And if he doesn't think that what the club is offering is up to his evaluation on either front (position and pay) then he'll leave. Pretty simple really.

The only question I think is whether the club sees Theo in the same way he sees himself.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Theo wants 100k (which is a bit excessive) and we are offering 75k if we can find a common ground around 85-90k then this deal can work out plus the deal will also include bonuses
I am optimistic that this deal will happen but I can also understand why people are so pessimistic about this being another Van Persie or Nasri type saga

silent_shadow

Established Member
Yeah, but you're optimistic about everything.

I definitely think money is the main stumbling block and it's naive to think otherwise. You can't write into a contract that he can only be used at CF. Either way he'll be signing on faith based on where the manager says he'll play him. Also can't see other big clubs using him up front.

If he does go elsewhere in the prem I'd prefer it being one of the Manchester clubs rather than Chavski - think he'd flop at the former while I can see him doing well with the latter's midfielders releasing him.

Airknight

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
Yeah I get the feeling that Walcott would prefer to stay here, but I think he genuinely believes he is not just a striker but a very good striker. So I think he just wants to be assured that he'll get to play there regularly and be paid accordingly.

The new Bendtner then, because that is a lie. Sell.

Bias aside i think Wenger just felt the need to fulfill his promise, as the comments about him hardly suggest this will become a regular thing. Still a lot of doubts in Theo's head i guess.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
It certainly is about cash; I do not understand all the fuss about paying a promising English player 10-15K on top of whatever is offered, when there is large amount of cash being distributed for free to a bunch of weak, talentless players that form part of our 25-man squad who make zero contribution on the pitch.

Many of us may not like him for whatever reason, we all got to admit though he has been our star performer last season and this one. It does not make any sense to play hardball on this issue, which would lead to offloading the player, recruit some talent with huge potential labelled 'new titi' - basically start all over again.

Offload one loser and a supposed profitable, well-run club like Arsenal should be able to come to a middle ground and meet each others' needs. Not sure who the chief is in our contract negotiations / transfer dealings, whoever he is must act quickly. Take the initiative and get this done and dusted.

mistaT

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Theo wants 100k (which is a bit excessive)

But its not.

At a Top 5 revenue earning club, in a city of Landon's stature, and for one of our longest tenured players.....who also happens to be an England international.....this is a very acceptable wage.

jmsmtthw28 said:
......and we are offering 75k...

To me this is more excessive.

75k is having a laugh and a clear indication to Theo that we have no ambitions. 65-75k is what Chamakh is rumored to be on - and the **** has he done to deserve that?

blaze_of_glory

Does anyone actually know how much has been offered though? As far as I'm aware, all there is to go on is sketchy media stories which may just have imaginary figures attributed to both parties

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20772316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20772316</a>

"Theo is a big player," Campbell told BBC Sport. "You don't want to lose him for the best years of his football.
"For the next five years, I'd pay to keep him. He's a young lad, a good lad who scores goals, and you need to keep those types of players."

Agreed.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
mistaT said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
Theo wants 100k (which is a bit excessive)

But its not.

At a Top 5 revenue earning club, in a city of Landon's stature, and for one of our longest tenured players.....who also happens to be an England international.....this is a very acceptable wage.

jmsmtthw28 said:
......and we are offering 75k...

To me this is more excessive.

75k is having a laugh and a clear indication to Theo that we have no ambitions. 65-75k is what Chamakh is rumored to be on - and the **** has he done to deserve that?
Chamak didnt come with any fees so obviously his wages were higher than usual

100k is a lot of money not even Cazorla or Wilshere will be on that, the problem with paying a good player that much is that next time Sagna, Szczesny or another good player comes up he will want that much as well and unless you can afford it its liable to become a mess in the future
What Arsenal prefer to do is add bonuses to wages so a player might be on 85k but if he has a great season he can end up earning 100k+.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wenger was very happy with Theo yesterday . Actually not seen him congratulate a player like that for a long time . I think if it was up to AW alone , Theo would get close to the terms he wants .

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@WheeLer_AFC
Sturridge signing for Liverpool means Chelsea NEED to get another striker, Theo Walcott agreeing terms with #CFC makes much more sense now.
Theo has only played as a striker ONCE, Torress is not really banging them in so they need a ST and have the money to buy anyone they want do these people really think they will go for Walcott

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really don't think walcott will go to chelsea, chelsea will buy another striker rafa will buy a striker from la liga i think he will go for llorente.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
jmsmtthw28 said:
I think he will go for Falcao, Roman can certainly afford him and A. Madrid need the money.

Yeah maybe they will go for Falcao i can see roman spend over 60m for him. but i don't think A.Madrid will let him go next window maybe in the summer don't forget falcao is very vital for A.Madrid if he go next window maybe they will miss the CL football next year so i think they will try hard to keep him until the summer.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I've got a feeling he'll sign and that it'll be announced earlier than people expect. I really like Theo and, unlike a certain someone, he's never shown signs of being an ungrateful ****.

I also believe his issues aren't solely based around money. His issues with being played out wide are perfectly legit. He wants to play up top and score goals, it's why he loves football so it's perfectly understandable.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can expect Arsenal fans being pessimistic about this we have gone through this saga every season with the same unfortunate result but hopefully with Theo signing on this unfortunate cycle will stop soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom