• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott's Contract Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
titi perfection said:
I will enjoy reading all the posts on here later proclaiming that walcott is our saviour based on him scoring against this weak reading team tonight. I hope he leaves and i will enjoy watching him fade into oblivion when the team that buys him realises what an average player he really is based over the course of a season excluding carling cup games and the couple games in the prem that he scores 2 to 3 goals that beef up his stats.

What is it with you lad? You seem genuinely peeved that Arsenal won tonight and scored a few goals. You seem to want to see things go to sh!t to please you.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

A FAST and deadly striker is what we have been missing since Henry. I think we should be playing Theo more upfront as this adds fear to the defenders up against his pace. Please sign Theo NOW dont lose another gem in his prime here.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Jury said:
titi perfection said:
I will enjoy reading all the posts on here later proclaiming that walcott is our saviour based on him scoring against this weak reading team tonight. I hope he leaves and i will enjoy watching him fade into oblivion when the team that buys him realises what an average player he really is based over the course of a season excluding carling cup games and the couple games in the prem that he scores 2 to 3 goals that beef up his stats.

What is it with you lad? You seem genuinely peeved that Arsenal won tonight and scored a few goals. You seem to want to see things go to sh!t to please you.

He is visibly upset that Gerforehead is trash and Walcott looks like he might turn into a good striker.

Agenda, much?

Airknight

Established Member
He was nothing stellar tbf, both Podolski and Ox outperformed him and with Reading defending like that he could have done better, not only in his 1v1 miss.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Believe me, we (every team) need a player who can 'beef up his stats' against these kinds of teams. Last I looked they make up the majority of the EPL.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cruisio said:
The Jury said:
titi perfection said:

His man Gervinho had nothing to do with the best attacking display we've showed all season :D
Theo Walcott is the second coming of Mohammed Christ The Virgin Spirit of Oz all hail him :lol:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
AnthonyG said:
Believe me, we (every team) need a player who can 'beef up his stats' against these kinds of teams. Last I looked they make up the majority of the EPL.

Couldn't agree more. Always felt that's a very silly case to make. And it's not even accurate in Theo's case as he has a decent record in big games too, especially in London derbies.

I must admit I'd be sad to see him go even if he does slightly overrate himself. Confidence isn't a bad thing to have as an attacker anyways.

titi perfection

dpt49 said:
titi perfection said:
Maybe average is selling him short, but on the otherhand while we might under sell him i do feel that others on here completely overrate him. Tonight everyone is raving about his movement, while if it is a player they dislike they would be slaughtering him and saying if it wasnt for him we could be 8 up by now.
I don't overrate him and he is no where near the quality of trophy winning Arsenal teams but he is on of the best players we have, since all our other best players have left.

I think to sell him sends completely wrong signal out to the supporters and the rest of our players.

If Walcott follows RVP, Cesc, Clichy, Adebayor, Nasri, Song etc out of the door, it makes us look like a cheapskate club, that can't attract top players, and can only sell them.

No you have a point but i wasnt too unhappy about the departures of the majority of those players and they have only cemented Wengers reasons for letting them leave since they moved on. But maybe i am underselling Theo His finishing is pretty deadly at present, its a tough call as a fan as we have not really seen enough of him up top.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wigan away would be a good test for this frontline. Tougher game. Hopefully Wenger sticks with it again.

Poacher

Didn't see anything special from him tonight. Took his goal well but missed a chance that I would expect a top striker to finish with consummate ease and fired one effort straight at the keeper, which I thought he should have done better with.

All in all, couldn't help thinking that if we moved Podolski to CF and signed a top left winger, we would be a stronger team as a result.

blaze_of_glory

Really good goal from him today. If thats something he can do more often then him as CF is a viable option. Needs to be given more chances though, one game here or there won't prove anything.

Cruisio

Established Member
Exactly DJM

It wasn't too easy to see on the TV but his movement off the ball helped Cazorla and Podolski especially. His willingness and skill to get in behind the defence was dragging the Reading centrebacks all over the place. Not on that but he pushed them back which gave our midfield much more space than they've been used to

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Poacher said:
Didn't see anything special from him tonight. Took his goal well but missed a chance that I would expect a top striker to finish with consummate ease and fired one effort straight at the keeper, which I thought he should have done better with.

All in all, couldn't help thinking that if we moved Podolski to CF and signed a top left winger, we would be a stronger team as a result.

It wasn't so much what he did on the ball, but what he did with movement off the ball created a ton of space for the midfield. As soon as Giroud came on for him, that space magically vanished.

Popmousse

Impressed with him, he's a deadly finisher I think that's clear for everyone to see. Sign that bloody contract Theo.

titi perfection

The Jury said:
titi perfection said:

Yeah thats what i want :lol: . I was just being realistic, is there anything that i said which you can genuinely disagree with. He has been invisible in the majority of games he has played. We played reading tonight and we looked good, if we can keep this up and Theo starts banging them in are you seriously suggesting that i as an life long Arsenal fan will start complaining.

Its all well and good when people on here slate a player they dislike but how dare anybody do the same to a player they rate. I wil stand by what i said and if i am proven wrong then i will hold my hands up and i will give Theo the praise he deserves.

Cruisio

Established Member
titi:

That's the first game Theo has started through the middle in his Arsenal career. Theo said it, Wenger said it, Jack said it, who btw, said himself that Theo had a great game

We haven't seen movement up front like that ALL.SEASON

titi perfection

Cruisio said:
Exactly DJM

It wasn't too easy to see on the TV but his movement off the ball helped Cazorla and Podolski especially. His willingness and skill to get in behind the defence was dragging the Reading centrebacks all over the place. Not on that but he pushed them back which gave our midfield much more space than they've been used to

What i saw was a midfield marshalled by the fantastic Wilshere moving the ball about in a much quicker fashion and the team overall actually making runs instead of the static mess we were, and for once making late runs into the box etc. But we will see how things pan out in the next few games. We looked as boring as ever when Walcott started up top against Everton a couple of wks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom