• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC - Tuesday January 22, 8pm

Original_AAA

GoonerGurjit said:
Original_AAA said:
Norwegian papers are printing rumours that Haavard Nordtveit will start this game. The young defender has been training with the first team in the last few weeks and his advisor is hopeful that he will start in this fixture.

Harvard is playing for the reserves against Birmingham tonight, so him playing tomorrow is unlikely.

That would seem unlikely yes. Oh well, us Norwegian Gunners will just have to be patient I guess. :wink:

Lukazan

Established Member
So Wenger has said he might play a few first teamers.. which obviously means he will.

I'm thinking Rosicky (which could be a mistake), Sagna and Eduardo. Perhaps Fabregas aswell? He seems to enjoy bringing Sp**s crashing back down to Earth. Ade is the new Pires in terms of scoring against Sp**s but I think Wenger will see him as being too important to risk.

My prediction for the team, and yes, I'm aware what Wenger has said about Theo and playing upfront..

__________Eduardo______Bendtner

Rosicky____Gilberto____Denilson____Walcott

Traore____Senderos____Hoyte_____Sagna

______________Lehmann

tam1886

Established Member
Lukazan said:
So Wenger has said he might play a few first teamers.. which obviously means he will.

I'm thinking Rosicky (which could be a mistake), Sagna and Eduardo. Perhaps Fabregas aswell? He seems to enjoy bringing Sp**s crashing back down to Earth. Ade is the new Pires in terms of scoring against Sp**s but I think Wenger will see him as being too important to risk.

My prediction for the team, and yes, I'm aware what Wenger has said about Theo and playing upfront..

__________Eduardo______Bendtner

Rosicky____Gilberto____Denilson____Walcott

Traore____Senderos____Hoyte_____Sagna

______________Lehmann
I'd agree with that. Gilberto really needs to be on his game though. If he doesn't play well I don't think the team will. He needs to sit in front of the back four and protect them, which he didn't do too well last time round. I'm not too worried about Eduardo playing because he hasn't played as many games as he might have in any other season. I don't think he is any real danger of getting fatigued. Rosicky and Sagna are slightly risky to play but there really isn't any alternative. We might see Gilberto at CB with Hoyte RB and Diaby CM though. I don't think Diaby will be left out altogether. And I think Fabianski will still play. I think in Wenger's comments he was refering to the outfield players more than Lehmann. I would be surprised if he started.

tam1886

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Gallas in squad. senderos injured.
I think he'll start then. The only other alternative is a Gilberto and Hoyte partnership which will get mauled by Berbatov and Keane. Would have been better for us all round if Senderos played because he really does use the games to get himself going. I hope it's not too long or we might be seeing Hote or Gilberto at CB in the league.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger should put a strong bench, if he doesn't want to start some of his first team players. I don't mind which first teamer to be selected tomorrow except Hleb. Hleb's ball control is excellent but his style sometimes invites tackles from behind. I don't want Wenger to risk Aleks.

True Gooner

Established Member
TBH we have nothing to lose and everything to gain..

The pressure is on Sp**s and they know it, even if they win its a hollow victory IMO

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Pffffff.. being honest I can't see is winning this one without including atleast 2-3 first teamers - which I don't want to happen anyway. Why risk key players who will be vitally important to us if we want to win the Premiership?

I said it after the first leg that the situation is different this season. Last season it was pretty obvious the Carling Cup was our best and most realistic chance of winning something, but this season we have a genuine chance at the Premiership, can obviously grab another FA Cup and the CL is something we'll always be pining deeply for so long as it continues to elude Wenger.

It'll hurt if we lose to Sp**s, and don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to win if not only to laugh at Sp**s because that never gets old, but we really do have bigger fish to fry this season.

I agree with this. If he plays Rosicky or Hleb or Cesc or Gallas and they pick up a knock, I'll be pretty damn upset. It's the Carling Cup. Sure, I'd rather win it than lose it, but there are 3 more competitions that are more important....and not just a little more important, massively more important.

j'nuh

Original_AAA said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Original_AAA said:
Norwegian papers are printing rumours that Haavard Nordtveit will start this game. The young defender has been training with the first team in the last few weeks and his advisor is hopeful that he will start in this fixture.

Harvard is playing for the reserves against Birmingham tonight, so him playing tomorrow is unlikely.

That would seem unlikely yes. Oh well, us Norwegian Gunners will just have to be patient I guess. :wink:

Hes a good shout for the CC squad next season i think. Wenger said hes a superb player but isnt up to the physical level required by the the english game yet.

Original_AAA

j'nuh said:
Original_AAA said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Original_AAA said:

Hes a good shout for the CC squad next season i think. Wenger said hes a superb player but isnt up to the physical level required by the the english game yet.

Yeah, that's what's keeping him out of the Norwegian national team as well. We Norwegians aren't spoiled with great prospects so we tend to get to eager with getting them into action. :wink: I trust Wenger will play him when he is ready and by doing so will ensure that his progress goes as hoped.

qs

Established Member
In Gallas case there isn't really much choice. We need at least one real centre half.

AliBabaBrewer

GK: Fabianski
LB: Traore
CB: Gallas
CB: Hoyte
RB: Sagna
LM: Rosicky
CM: Denilson
CM: Gilberto
RM: Walcott
ST: Eduardo
ST: Bendtner

Subs:
Lehmann
Hoyte (The other one)
Randall
Hleb
Diaby

KingReyes

Established Member
Have the yids been informed that Gallas and a couple of other first teamers might play tomorrow night?

Don't be surprised if they lodge a complaint to the FA about this.

AliBabaBrewer

true gooner said:
Is Senderos going to be out for along time?

Arsenal.com just says he's out for this game with a facial injury, but it's kinda sketchy.

phillipesenderos.com doesn't tell you anything either, hah.

j'nuh

He broke his nose at the fulham game, Dempsey elbowed him. Apparently he had to go to hospital after the game.

He'll be fine for next weekend.

Linson

I really dont think Eduardo will be playing this considering RvP is out now, him and Adebayor are our first choice strikers now! Plus Wenger said not so long back that Walcott is a central player not a winger and that he was rested Saturday to play Tuesday. 2+2 = Walcott starts as striker surely?! I think he will be partnered by Bendtner who it seems ages since I last saw him in a game! Considering the injury crisis at the back it would be silly to go with Gallas who is definately needed for the league campaign and so I think Senderos will partner Hoyte with Traore and Sagna as fullbacks. I think that could be quite a strong back four but even if it isn't this competition is used to blood our youngsters so this is the risk we take. There are no bragging rights for a team that beats anothers reserve team with an average age of 21!!!

Edit: Just saw on skysports news that Gallas will be captaining the squad and Senderos is definately out!

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom