• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham v Arsenal, 21/09/10, CC, SS2, 7:45PM GMT

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski won't start this game. He's earmarked for the FA Cup. It's either Mannone or Szczesny in the Carling cup.

I think we'll see this team:

Szczesny
Nordtveit - Djourou - Squillaci - Gibbs
Denilson - Eastmond - Rosicky
Eboue - Emmanuel-Thomas - Vela

Chass

I think the whole of that outfield is more or less definite. When is the squad usually announced for this btw anyone?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Bossa said:
I'm 100% sure that Nordveit and Eastmond wont play.
I'm not sure about whether Nordtveit is still injured or not, but what makes you think that Eastmond won't play? I don't see us risking an already fatigued Wilshere at this point. Not when Cesc will miss the next two weeks.

Rorz

Established Member
I don't think we're going to see a very strong team, but what's important is that the fringe players that do get a place use the opportunity to push for a place in the first team. Our injuries are building up at a scary pace, we're going to need every last player we have.

What is also important is that we completely humiliate Sp**s!

I predict a 0-2, Vela with both.

MAK 14

Established Member
I'd like to see:

Szezesny
Eboue Squillaci Djourou Gibbs
Rosicky Eastmond Wilshere
Nasri JET Vela

I'm so pumped for this. I'd love it if we ******* smashed them.

otfgoon

Established Member
Invincible said:
Which probably goes to show that he has little care for the fans. I can't believe that after 15 years of managing Arsenal, Wenger would view a NLD match, even in the carling cup, as an 'experiment' game.

All I can hope for is that we don't get battered.

Any sane fan will care a hell of a lot more about the West Brom game.

TheEconomist

Established Member
imo we havent won anything in 5 years now, and we are in no position to throw away potential trophies, if we were barca than i might understand

i hope we field a strong team

Proof

Established Member
I would play at strong team. But, obviously that won't happen. Wenger should take Carling Cup seriously.

Y va marquer

Established Member
As long as Fabianski doesn't get a run out and we keep Sagna, Kos and Squillaci in front of Al with Gibbs in place of Clichy I'll be happy enough with whoever is chosen in MF and up front.

ricky1985

Established Member
I reckon we'll see;

---------------------Szczesny

Eboue----Djourou----Nordveit----Gibbs

-----------Eastmond----Denilson
----------------------Aneke

JET------------------Vela------------Rosicky

Yes, I do think we will go that young. Simply because of the injuries we have. The squad's stretched and this represents a chance to rest some of them and in the process give some of the young boys a real chance to impress.

I would really like to see one of Vermaelen, Koscielny, or Squillaci feature, but after today's exerts I just can't see it.

ricky1985

Established Member
Daily Mirror
Arsène Wenger is set to give young Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny his first taste of a north London derby on Tuesday night.

The 20-year-old is viewed as one of the most exciting prospects at Arsenal and is earmarked to be the No.1 choice for the next decade. He has played one first team match – a year ago in the Carling Cup against West Bromwich Albion.

Arsenal won that 2-0 – and now Wenger is set to recall him for the clash at Tottenham.
Fabianski will not be happy. I, on the other hand, am very happy.

Linson

ricky1985 said:
Daily Mirror
Arsène Wenger is set to give young Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny his first taste of a north London derby on Tuesday night.

The 20-year-old is viewed as one of the most exciting prospects at Arsenal and is earmarked to be the No.1 choice for the next decade. He has played one first team match – a year ago in the Carling Cup against West Bromwich Albion.

Arsenal won that 2-0 – and now Wenger is set to recall him for the clash at Tottenham.
Fabianski will not be happy. I, on the other hand, am very happy.[/quote]

This.

I'd actually be very happy if I never saw Fabianski in an Arsenal shirt ever again. I can't recall one game he's played, that I've seen, where he hasn't made at least one costly mistake.

All in favour...

-Shaun-

ricky1985 said:
I reckon we'll see;

I would be massively shocked if Aneke started.

famous no 10

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I reckon we'll see;

Yes, I do think we will go that young. Simply because of the injuries we have. The squad's stretched and this represents a chance to rest some of them and in the process give some of the young boys a real chance to impress.

I would really like to see one of Vermaelen, Koscielny, or Squillaci feature, but after today's exerts I just can't see it.

Good grief, we'll be absolutely spanked with that defence...Eboue, yes, but the cb's won't cope imo.

Can't quite see how we're going to put out a strong enough side for this without risking key players, as our injury list is growing... Sp*rs will play their strongest side, the twitch will take this very seriously.

ricky1985

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
I would be massively shocked if Aneke started.
If Aneke doesn't start, then either Nasri or Wilshere will have to start in that spot, and I just can't see it happening.

The other possibility, I suppose, is Eboue starting wide right, and Rosicky dropping into that position, but then we would have to play either Squillaci or Koscielny at CB, and after today's heroics I can't see it.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom