• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tottenham v Arsenal, 21/09/10, CC, SS2, 7:45PM GMT

ricky1985

Established Member
It's not my preference, I just can't see Koscielny or Squillaci being risked.

Redknapp will definitely take this very seriously, he hates us and lives for getting one over us.

mo50

Established Member
Depending on Vermaelen's situation, one of Koscielny or Squillaci should play. If, as predicted, Vermaelen will be available for West Brom, then I'd play Squillaci.

squallkid

Established Member
To all of you putting JET in your teams.

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

It's a north london Derby

We must beat Sp**s

and you want the likes of JET starting?

Nothing less than this team

---------Sczezny----

Eboue--Koscielny-Djourou-Gibbs

-------Denilson-Eastmond---

-----------Rosicky--------

Nasri-----Vela----**** knows but not JET

Bench warmers + Sczezny please Arsène, Eastmond because we are down to the bare bones in midfield

JET is not ready to start a game of this magnitude

P_Gunner

I'd like us to win a trophy, even if its just the Carling Cup.

--------------------Szczesny---------------

Eboue ------Djourou----Nordtveit--------Gibbs

----------------Denilson-- Eastmond----------

-----------------------Rosicky---------------

Nasri-------------------JET---------------Vela

I think that will be the starting side. Wilshere looked very tired today and won't be ready by Tuesday. No way will Aneke start in this one either. If it was up to me I would start Kos over Djourou then rest him against Brom if he needs rest, as I can't imagine Brom giving us much of a problem.

Lets just hope Harry doesn't play Bale, VDV or Huddlestone.

Timleaf

Established Member
--------------Sneezy-----------

Eboue--Squillaci--Djourou--Gibbs

------Eastmond--Denilson-------
-----------Rosicky-------------

Nasri--------JET-----------Vela

That would leave Al, Sagna, Kos, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Arshavin and Chamakh to come in fresh for next saturday. Possibly Diaby and TV too. That's pretty good.

-Shaun-

squallkid said:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

We must beat Sp**s

The fact that he's been immense for us in pre-season and the Reserve team for their first games of the season? The guy is in very good form and would be dangerous to Sp*rs should he play. JET's 19 now and deserves a real shot at the first-team (especially in the Carling Cup).

Some people on here were saying he deserved a chance in the Premier League against Bolton due to Walcott's injury, so why not in this game?

Timleaf

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
squallkid said:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

We must beat Sp**s

The fact that he's been immense for us in pre-season and the Reserve team for their first games of the season?

Or the fact that Squalkid cant even name a possible alternative.

squallkid

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
squallkid said:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

We must beat Sp**s

The fact that he's been immense for us in pre-season and the Reserve team for their first games of the season? The guy is in very good form and would be dangerous to Sp*rs should he play. JET's 19 now and deserves a real shot at the first-team (especially in the Carling Cup).

Some people on here were saying he deserved a chance in the Premier League against Bolton due to Walcott's injury, so why not in this game?

If it wasn't Sp**s at the Lane then I wouldn't mind him starting but it's a NLD and I just believe he has no business starting

Do you remember how anonymous he was at Stoke in the Fa Cup last season?

He's not ready, I also don't want to see the likes of Sunu or Watt anywhere near the pitch.

Bench Players + Eastmond + Sczezny

Losing to Sp**s after what happened today would be soul crushing.

The yids are over the moon, someone's got to bring them crashing down to earth.

I would rather this front three with Nortdveit at right back

Eboue-Vela-Nasri

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
squallkid said:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

It's a Carling cup game, and JET is by far the best centreforward we can spare. Vela is a lot of things, but not a centreforward.

Timleaf

Established Member
Our choices are either play Chamakh again or JET. Looking at our fixtures this will probably be Chamakh's only chance to rest until after the Chelsea game.

squallkid

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
squallkid said:

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

It's a Carling cup game, and JET is by far the best centreforward we can spare. Vela is a lot of things, but not a centreforward.

Realistically I know that all of you are right and I'm wrong (and spouting bullshit) and if we didn't lose today I wouldn't care who started against the spuds but we did lose and we can't afford to lose to the spuds Carling cup or not and I just want an experienced team but realistically JET will start whether I like it or not just like how Fabianski started when I didn't like it

outlaw_member

Established Member
Timleaf said:
--------------Sneezy-----------

Eboue--Squillaci--Djourou--Gibbs

------Eastmond--Denilson-------
-----------Rosicky-------------

Nasri--------JET-----------Vela

That would leave Al, Sagna, Kos, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Arshavin and Chamakh to come in fresh for next saturday. Possibly Diaby and TV too. That's pretty good.

I wouldn't play Squillaci unless it was absolutely certain that Vermaelen will be back.

I'd also start Denilson off the bench, with the view of starting him on the following Saturday. Ideally, he should have played today in place of Wilshere, who I feel shouldn't be playing this frequently.

I'd also be wary of starting Vela, as he's the only backup striker we have left. In other words, I'd be looking to bubble wrap just about everyone. :wink:

squallkid

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
We didn't lose today. Even though it felt like it. :wink:

I know we didn't lose but **** me did it feel like a lost. I haven't been this upset or angry since the 3-1 vs Man Utd but I went off the deep end there guys

So I apologize.

-Shaun-

@ squallkid, it happens to the best of us ;) I was the same to be honest. Just watching it back over on MOTD made me angrier.

ricky1985

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Timleaf said:
Our choices are either play Chamakh again or JET. Looking at our fixtures this will probably be Chamakh's only chance to rest until after the Chelsea game.
I'm 99.9% sure JET will start on the right, with Carlos Vela up front.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I doubt it, ricky. When was the last time you saw JET start out wide? It's been clear for over a year now that he's been blooded into the central role while Vela has been adjusting to a wider position. I just can't see the reasoning in putting the only player who might give Gallas a match physically on the flank. Perhaps if we could field Chamakh or Bendtner at the same time, but we can't.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom