• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - AC Milan Vs Arsenal 19:45 15/02/12 ITV1

Segway

The young El Shaarawi scoring again (the winner). I hear Milan fans rate him very highly. He could be their x-factor like The OX could be ours.

David Smith

Established Member
They've got a confidence boost now, sadly. El Sharawaay is a talented youngster, could feature against us.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We are so going through, I'm sure of it.

Draw or narrow win in this one, steam into the slow bastards at home with high tempo.

Fancy RVP to get a goal in the San Siro.

Segway

Yeah it must have boosted them unfortunately. Winning against Udinese away is a big achievement but hey, been there done that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Segway said:
The young El Shaarawi scoring again (the winner). I hear Milan fans rate him very highly. He could be their x-factor like The OX could be ours.

Yes he is very good talent, but Aoc is way better then him.

Proof

Established Member
We are going through. I'm very confident ahead of this Champions League tie. Boateng, Pato and Nesta are major doubts for this one. I think we'll see Djourou as a centre-back and Vermaelen as a left-back. I doubt Wenger will start the game with Gibbs after he's been our for so long. Can't wait for Wednesday night!

mo50

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
mo50 said:
I predict a comfortable 0-2 away win.
Yeah, I expect the same...

Not sure if serious... But going with the flow

I'm serious. We're going to have a backline of Sagna-Kos-Vermaelen-Gibbs and I don't see Milan getting a goal. After todays game we'll be buzzing with confidence, especially Ramsey. I'm confident we won't see Rosicky, which can only be a positive.

David Smith

Established Member
mo50 said:
Not must win game?

Although it won't necessarily be a bad result, we're not going there to play for the draw, that's for sure.

Must not lose game :wink:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Always looking forward to UCL nights when we take on italian sides.
We've gained some momentum recently and today's win will surely boost our team and hopefully we take all the positives into this tie.
Having a decent backline with two real FBs might be helpful, not to talk about Verms-Kos at the back which can only be a positive. The rest of the team picks itself, Ramsey inplace of Rosicky in midfield and we're set.

Not overly concerned about the threat of Milan to be honest, we only ever struggle against tough pressing and quick play, things I wouldn't necessarily associate with Milan (correct me if I'm wrong). They have big individual quality up front though, but our backline and overall defending are more solid than our defensive record in the EPL suggests.

Let's wipe the floor with them.

dysphoria

Established Member
this is probably going to sound wrong but i get this feeling that mertesacker's unfortunate injury is actually going to be a blessing in disguise for us, verms in the center with kos will more then make up for his absence and le coq can do as good a job at LB as compared to verms who hasn't really been great there.

All in all, apart from the decent understand that kos and mertesacker have built, in all honesty, i don't see mertesacker's injury really causing us much grief AS long as kos and verms manage to stay fit in the center together.

Last thing we need is djourou starting against the likes of Sp**s.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Koscielny will completely smother their front men, especially that donkey Ibrahimovic. And Chambers will scare the living daylights out of their defence. We'll score at least twice over there and that would be more than enough, me thinks.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Don't know about that dys.....Merte has been really strong over the last couple of weeks, imo it definitely is a huge loss for us, in depth and quality.

This "blessing in disguise" (and I absolutely understand where you come from) might turn out as yet another shot in the foot.
Kos hasn't got any breather so far this season and Verms might be more tired than usual due to having to play as a LB in recent weeks- this whole situation is almost destined for fail.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Big ask for Gibbs to start I'd say.

Wouldn't consider moving Song anyway, we absolutely need him and Arteta in the middle for this one.

dysphoria

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Don't know about that dys.....Merte has been really strong over the last couple of weeks, imo it definitely is a huge loss for us, in depth and quality.

This "blessing in disguise" (and I absolutely understand where you come from) might turn out as yet another shot in the foot.
Kos hasn't got any breather so far this season and Verms might be more tired than usual due to having to play as a LB in recent weeks- this whole situation is almost destined for fail.

well, the way i see it, with verms in mertesacker's place, we can probably get away with playing a higher line which in turn will definitely benefit our play in the final 3rd. Aerially, i feel safer with verms then mertesacker though i could be wrong here(don't know what the stats are), not denying that mertesacker has been decent but he is definitely not without his weaknesses and considering our next few opponents in the league, i think we might be better off with more pace in defence then what mertesacker offers us.

Hopefully kos and verms don't pick up injuries, gibbs is nowhere near ready to be starting and i really don't want djourou anywhere near the team if possible, at least we've got some depth in the CB department with 3 good choices, 1-2 seasons back and we'd probably have to start squallici. :|

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
On paper, there's not much wrong with your statement on Kos-Verms, their strengths, etc. I for one have always wanted to see those two together in central defense, but for various reasons we haven't had the chance to see them alongside each other on a more consistent basis, yet.

However, my main concern is though, that it would just be so typical of Arsenal, that one of them breaks down exactly now, when our covering options are rather thin for a moment.

Gunner_JT

Time to unleash Kos-Verms. I think AW would have went with that anyway, provided that Gibbs is ready.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom