• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - AC Milan Vs Arsenal 19:45 15/02/12 ITV1

squallkid

Established Member
If we go to Milan with the intent to shut up shop I would like to see us go with this formation

----------Chesney------

-Sagna-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs

---Rosicky-Arteta-Song-Ramsey----

--------Walcott-Van Persie-----

Stifle their midfield and play on the counterattack. I like Chamberlain but I'm not so sure that he's ready to start a game at the San Siro so would give Theo the nod over him who usually comes alive in big games. This game for me would be about keeping it tight and maybe nicking an away goal or two to take back to the Emirates.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I just hope we kill off this tie in this match.

Would Coquelin at LB and Verms at CB be so bad?

I don't think Gibbs is ready yet.He'll probably play in the next leg.

We'll miss Henry for sure. :(

Braydz

Henry can still play in this one, he leaves two days later i think.

Feeling pretty confident for this, i have a feeling we'll concede but we have enough to put a few goals past them. Maybe 2-1.

ArsenalDNA

Finally. Been looking forward to a game where a draw isn't the end of the world.

I fancy us to score at least one maybe two. Wouldn't mind a defense of:
Sagna - Kos - Verm - Gibbs/Coquelin

I'm thinking a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 win.

dreamLord

Established Member
Arteta is going to be so important for us for this one. Needs to be the one who keeps the ball for us in MF ; don't really expect Song/Ramsey/Rosicky to step up.

Proof

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
What formation do Milan usually play? 4-3-1-2?
Yes, that's their standard formation. We'll probably see something like this:
- Amelia -
- Abate - Nesta - Thiago Silva - Mesbah -
- Emanuelson - van Bommel - Nocerino -
- Robinho -
- El Shaarawy - Ibrahimovic -

Flow

Better go out CL now than exhausting our squad and go out in the quarter final against Barca/Real.

Finnish_Gooner

- - - - --Szczesny
- Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - Song - - Arteta
- Walcott Ramsey- - - - Chamberlain
- - - - - -Van Persie

This would be the best team to play Milan (defence is great for me). Think we'll draw this 1-1 or 2-2 but win our home game.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This is NOT an easy game at all. I'm predicting a 1-1 scoreline and the only team change to be Gibbs in at LB and TV in at CB. I would love Arshavin to start in behind RVP but it is extremely unlikely. The midfield battle is crucial.

dyeruz

Established Member
Flow said:
Better go out CL now than exhausting our squad and go out in the quarter final against Barca/Real.
:shock: wow that is so small club mentality, i'd rather we go as far as we can, remember we nearly beat Barca had it not been for the RVP sending off, the Abidal non sending off and the Bendtner Pele miscontrol.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
dyeruz said:
Flow said:
:shock: wow that is so small club mentality, i'd rather we go as far as we can, remember we nearly beat Barca had it not been for the RVP sending off, the Abidal non sending off and the Bendtner Pele miscontrol.

Sad as the original post is it is semi realistic. We haven't got the legs for the top4, FA cup and CL. Think i'd rather bow out respectfully in the CL and focus on the FA cup. Don't fancy us if we were to face Real or Barca and truth is we would have to face both.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would be nice to have Gibbs back, because he is a natural FB and TV hates playing there. He is no doubt talented, but we should not expect too much from him and he will surely cost us points some day.

The guy has played 23 (!) league games in four seasons for us. In total he has played 59 games for us. He is extremely inexperienced.

I don't think he will start in a big game against Milan, but let's just hope he can handle the EPL level and stay injury free for the rest of the season.

David Smith

Established Member
Is Coquelin able to play LB? He's played RB before but in order to play LB he'll have to be strong in his left foot. I'm thinking Vermaelen will remain at LB and Djourou will step in at CB.
I don't think Gibbs is ready for this game.

eye4goal

Established Member
Flow said:

Remember Utd's route to the final last year? If Barcelona get knocked out somehow I think we have a chance against all the other teams. I do agree that a tough quarter final(if we qualify) would take alot out of us

David Smith

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Flow said:

Remember Utd's route to the final last year? If Barcelona get knocked out somehow I think we have a chance against all the other teams. I do agree that a tough quarter final(if we qualify) would take alot out of us

We're not Utd, we don't have lady luck to guide the way for us.

As for Milan, their coach said "Pato, Nesta and Boateng should be back for the game against Arsenal."

Would've been great to see Flamini but he's had a long term injury a while back.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom