• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - AC Milan Vs Arsenal 19:45 15/02/12 ITV1

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
David Smith said:
As for Milan, their coach said "Pato, Nesta and Boateng should be back for the game against Arsenal."
they might be back, but they wont be starting (except maybe Nesta). Boateng hasnt played a minute since his 4 week injury yet and Pato will start on the bench, almost certainly

Boateng not starting is a huge plus as he is much more effective at the CAM role than Emanuelson is.

Mastadon

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Flow said:
Better go out CL now than exhausting our squad and go out in the quarter final against Barca/Real.

Remember Utd's route to the final last year? If Barcelona get knocked out somehow I think we have a chance against all the other teams. I do agree that a tough quarter final(if we qualify) would take alot out of us

I agree with this since Utd and City are out only Barca and Real would be clear favourites against us. If we can avoid them as mentioned above another team might do us a favor and knock them out. I would rather rotate in the FA Cup and go for the CL.

Plus if we do finish out of the top 4 this year the additional revenue from making it to the later stages will come in very handy.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Vermaelen speaking in The People complaining about having to play so much at left back recently. With Gibbs returning, and with Wenger's decision about which centre back should make way made up for him, it's pretty good timing.

Really looking forward to see him playing through the middle again, where he really shines so much more.

Vela

Established Member
Wenger's got a couple of big decisions to make, does he start Gibbs at left-back? Does Ramsey replace Rosicky? And will he start Chamberlain?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Exactly what I want to see either.

While I'm at "seeing", I just got informed that this game will be shown on german TV next week, which means no dodgy streams are needed.

Great news.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
While I'm at "seeing", I just got informed that this game will be shown on german TV next week, which means no dodgy streams are needed.

Great news.
Don't rub it in RWA!

:lol:

gstew

I don't see why Henry can't effectively play 60 minutes. He has been in full training for months now and has had very little game time. No doubt he is currently a more effective player than Walcott.

My lineup would be:

Sagna --- Kos --- Song --- Verm

--- Coquelin ---

--- Ramsey --- Arteta ---

Arshavin --- RVP --- Henry

I would bring on Ox and Theo at 60 minutes for Arshavin and Henry. Gibbs would sub in for Coq if he got tired.

gstew

ebouenolike said:
I'd be worried about defending down the flanks with Henry and Arshavin playing.

Do Ox and Theo provide us that much more defensively?

If Wenger lets them know that they are on for 60 minutes and 60 minutes only, I would hope that they would lay it all out there and leave nothing in reserve.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Not liking that attack at all, as a starting forward line it looks awful IMO.

Don't think Song will be moved either and I would agree with that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
gstew said:
ebouenolike said:
I'd be worried about defending down the flanks with Henry and Arshavin playing.

Do Ox and Theo provide us that much more defensively?

If Wenger lets them know that they are on for 60 minutes and 60 minutes only, I would hope that they would lay it all out there and leave nothing in reserve.

Yes they do. Theo tracks back a lot.

Bossa

Established Member
Do not worry about defending the flanks. AC Milan play without wingers and its their fullbacks who provide width and they are crap(Abate and Antonini).

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
I know situations sometimes necessitate it, but I hate playing our best players out of position.

IMO Song should ALWAYS be in midfield and Vermaelen should always be at Centrehalf. Shifting players around affects the performance in there preferred positions.

If we haven't got cover bloody buy some then.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'm struggling to believe that most of you think the will brush them aside and surely qualify.

This is AC Milan ffs. 7 time European Champions.

Back in 2008 when we beat them, our midfield was stronger and Milan were on a decline, after winning CL the previous year. Cesc had just played the game of his life.

Back now, Milan are Serie A champions and leading the table against a rejuvenated Juventus.

I can't say we will win, but the most realistic result is a score draw or even a loss.

mo50

Established Member
someone from that Milan forum said:
I would say van persie is faster but in terms of vision and tecnique and pretty much every other attributes a striker requires, zlatan is far superior st it, his first touch is sublime and rvp's I am afraid pales in comparison albeit being a great striker himself.

Braydz

Proof said:
The Ibrahimovic v Van Persie debate is hilarious. For me Robin is a better all round player. Some opinions in there, like the one saying that Ibrahimovic is clearly better with his technique are laughable.

I know they are Milan fans who don't watch the EPL much but Van Persie is the form player of the season so far, ibra is good but not Robin good.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom