• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal vs Ludogorets | Wednesday 19th October 19:45

What will the result of the game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I don't think wholesale changes are needed fwiw. It'd disrupt team rhythm, just that in Alexis case especially I worry about him with the travel he does for internationals and the fact he's probably our most important player.

It'd be great if they could beat Ludogorets and leave Alexis off the plane for the return game.

Ewarwoowar

I think the subbing made v Swansea hints at Wenger not making much of any changes, Ospina 4 Cech for sure, I think He play Xhaka to show solidarity and so as to keep his head in the right place, cant see much else changing tbh!

RUS arsenal

Established Member
It'll be interesting to see if Wenger goes with Xhaka or benches him. It'd be the perfect game to play him especially considering he will get a forced break after. Unfortunately I think Wenger will bench him to reflect on his actions.

slide

I can see an unchanged outfield team for this. Aside from Ospina coming in and perhaps Coquelin to replace Xhaka, although it may make sense to play him considering he's banned for the weekend. Alexis-Özil-Cazorla absolutely have to start, integral to the way we play and will undoubtedly want to start a CL fixture.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yes, but Arsenal already have 4 from 6 in the CL, and can beat Ludogorets without Alexis (and can draw at Norwich with him, for instance). Games don't get played in isolation, the more fatigue in the muscle, the more likely it is to get damage.

Best to prevent him getting into the red zone in the first place by not playing him in games that aren't must-win (Middlesbrough is the far bigger game. If I remember rightly, the longest winning runs last season were about 6 games by Leicester and Sp**s, a win at Boro is 7 on the trot and title winning form for sure, it could easily be a tough game, and they were jaded at Burnley). Rest players when they need it (ie when they're "jaded"). Don't worry. Lucas is a good player and he can have Özil and Walcott around him. Ox looking sharp too. Now is a good time to offer a boost to the fringe players.

Not sure how many changes qualifies under the "wholesale changes" description seeing as I suggested 6 max with Bellerin, Mustafi, Xhaka, Walcott and Özil maintained, but at a minimum I'd like to see Monreal, Iwobi and Alexis rested along with Cech.

Whenever you are talking of subbing half of the regulars (5 or 6 players), it is definitely in the "wholesale changes" category.

Bendtneer

I strongly believe if we are to go far this season n win silverware.We need to rotate a little every now n then.It keeps the squad fresh and most importantly happy.Players like Gibbs,lucas,ox n Giroud wud be waiting for there chances .If u continuesly put them on the bench they become demotivated n when injuries start to pile up n we need them they are not up for it.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
This will be our make or break match of the season.

Could possibly be the kickstart to the dawn of a new era.

N

NotAUserName

I doubt Wenger will rotate much for this match.

If you could count the number of times he's admitted that a player was in the red zone and then play him only for the player to get injured...

Ewarwoowar

This will be our make or break match of the season.

Could possibly be the kickstart to the dawn of a new era.

I've heard that line somewhere before, almost every match I think, is it sarcasm I'm none too familiar with the likes of such!:p

RichieRich

Guys can we stop talking about injuries...nobody is getting an injury!!! if we gonna make changes let it be cause we wanna see other players have some more game time not because of we are scared of injuries

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
We haven't seen Holding for a while now. He's one of the players who doesn't make the team when eveybody's fit. Hope he doesn't go down the same path as Chambers.

There will be some important decisions regarding centre backs at the end of the season. I doubt Wenger will want Holding to spend much longer as 4th choice so I reckon he'll get an earlier loan unless he establishes himself as 3rd choice centre back pretty soon.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hopefully Sanchez is on the bench for this one. I want to see more of Perez, I think he has more to offer than he has been allowed to.
I get the feeling Wenger is trying to keep the momentum going by playing his best squad every match. He finally has the depth to bring us through the tough months when players do get injured. I agree with the way he is going.

slide

I don't understand the clamour for rotation, we have a league cup game after Ludogorets and Middlesborough which will allow for wholesale changes. No one rotates heavily during the CL no matter who you are playing, it's the most iconic club competition.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think we will see Ospina in and one of the Ox or Perez for Iwobi. He may also rest Alexis Or Özil.

I'm a big fan of always playing your strongest team however where we are in the season, with some players making long trips recently for international games, with games where players have had to goto the end to win, you must pick and choose where to rotate.

This is one of those games.

Edit
We may also see a slight change in midfield. Xhaka and Coquelin if we do make changes to shore up defensively and give Cazorla a rest given he now starts again in the league. I'm convinced we will see rotation. Where it comes is debatable but at least two changes I expect.

Mike Vinna

Ospina

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs

Cazorla Xhaka

Walcott Özil Oxlade

Sanchez
That'd be my team. I'd definitely keep Walcott and Özil in there to maintain some form. I'd prefer Gibbs for Monreal just to see how Gibbo will do. I don't think there's a big gap between the two leftbacks in terms of quality and Monreal's not been completely solid.

I know Iwobi will likely start too, but I'd love to see Ox because I feel he's got more to offer than we've seen so far this season. Coming from a promising sub-appearance vs Swansea he should be given a chance.

Alexis should start. Even though we're on quite a good run I feel the team is still somewhat figuring out how to play with a false #9.

Bring on Perez/Iwobi/Elneny if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom