• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal vs Porto | Tue 9th March | 19.45 | SS2

TOPG

Established Member
gun__1236870803_uefa_porto.jpg

If Fabregas doesn't make this in time i would play this:

Almunia

Sagna
Campbell
Vermaelen
Clichy

Nasri
Song
Diaby

Walcott
Bendtner
Arshavin

Big game. Come on Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!

qs

Established Member
I think Fab should be ok so just stick him in there instead of Nasri and I think thats how we'll line up. Wouldn't mind Nasri in the middle again either, hard to drop him at the moment.

They're going to come and try to keep it very tight so we'll need some invention to break them down. This is a game where we really need Arshavin to step it up. He's well capable, I just hope he wants it enough.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Agree with TOPG's formation, but won't mind Rosicky for Walcott as well

ibby

Established Member
Porto are playing against Olhanense now if anyone wants to do some online scouting. Good quality stream available on most betting sites.

The second half is just about to start.

Clrnc said:

Walcott just had his game of the season and you wanna drop him?

TOPG

Established Member
Clrnc said:

Walcott is regaining his confidence. If he starts on the bench it will be a blow to his confidence considering he scored today.

TomasCR

Established Member
I was writing an opening post only to find out you have already created the thread, I hate you TOPG.

I'd like to score the first goal soon, then control the game and add another two later.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
ibby said:
Clrnc said:

Walcott just had his game of the season and you wanna drop him?
True, but football don't work like that and european games are generally very different.

Just mentioning, either of them will be fine, and given Walcott played full game today, won't be surprised Rosicky will start

TOPG

Established Member
TomasCR said:
I was writing an opening post only to find out you have already created the thread, I hate you TOPG.

I'd like to score the first goal soon, then control the game and add another two later.

Sorry Tommy. Im on a roll we've been unbeaten since ive started making matchday threads... :lol:

I agree we need an early goal i dont want to be all nervous like when we got knocked out to PSV a couple of years back. I expect Porto to be rolling around on the floor like dogs when we go into a challenge....

ibby

Established Member
Clrnc said:
True, but football don't work like that and european games are generally very different.

Just mentioning, either of them will be fine, and given Walcott played full game today, won't be surprised Rosicky will start
Last season Walcott scored a goal against Wigan (his first in ages and he was playing pretty poorly before hand) the following game he tore Villareal a new one and we went on to beat them 3-0.

Dropping Walcott is silly.

TomasCR

Established Member
TOPG said:
Sorry Tommy. Im on a roll we've been unbeaten since ive started making matchday threads... :lol:

I agree we need an early goal i dont want to be all nervous like when we got knocked out to PSV a couple of years back. I expect Porto to be rolling around on the floor like dogs when we go into a challenge....
It's all right then. I tend to agree with your line-up but I'm not sure Walcott will start. Sure he was great today but there is a need to say that, with all due respect to Burnley, they looked like a pub team that wouldn't be able to defend to save their lives from what I saw. I think he could be useful as a later sub in 65th min against tired legs, especially when he played his first 90 minutes after a long time. I'll be happy for whoever though, seems like they are all hitting some form, about time too. Nasri is very likely to start too and I fancy Cesc to be back in time.

TomasCR

Established Member
On Cesc Fabregas' injury...
"He has a hamstring problem and we don't know how big the damage is yet because it is too early. We'll see tomorrow or Monday. We have to make a late decision over whether he plays on Tuesday, certainly. It is the same hamstring [he hurt against Aston Villa earlier in the season]."

**** is the word you're looking for.

yuvken

Established Member
Line up suggested above will do for me (though I'll bite my nails til I know what's up with our captain).

1:0 will do fine, I don't mind paying with a bit of nerves. This is not a big game. This is massive.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom