• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal vs Shakhtar Donetsk - Tue 19th Oct 7:45pm| SS2

Gooner_Milton

Re: UCL - Arsenal vs Shakhtar Donetsk - Tue 19th Oct 7:45pm -SS2

It should be an interesting game.

Shakhtar is typical of many of the ex Soviet bloc teams. Hard working, physical but can turn on the flair if the occasion calls for it. The Brazillian contingent they have there can certainly turn it on (Douglas Costa comes to mind).

Will be a bitter sweet regardless. I fully expect Arsenal fans to give Eduardo a warm welcome when he returns.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Same back five (or Koscielny to return?)
Fabregas, Song, Wilshere
Nasri, Chamakh, Arshavin

Get an early goal or two and we'll waste them, altough they have enough quality to give us problems at the back. Should be interesting.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Don't know what to expect from Donezk.
I think they'll try to play some football, don't think they're capable of parking the bus.
So we should have some spaces, but have to watch out that we don't suffer from counter attacks.

We should win this to regain some momentum before we're heading to Manchester's moneybags.

Gooner_Milton

Not to be underestimated though.

They did beat Werder Bremen to lift 2009's UEFA Cup.

Far more silverware than what we've achieved lately. :p

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
WELCOME BACK EDU :bounce

about this game i think we will see the same line up that play our last EPL game with a few changes i mean walcott and b52 replace chamakh and maybe diaby or nasri i hope kos return for this one

fab

eboue-squillaci-kos-clichy

song

nasri-wilshere

walcott-b52-arshavin

Bossa

Established Member
Ok lets mix it up and play this team:

Fabianski
Eboué Djourou Squillaci Gibbs
Rosicky Denilson Wilshere
Walcott Bendtner Nasri

If Fabregas and Koscielny are fit then play them.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Banned?

I thought it is only for any tournament being held by the FA...

If Cesc really fit, hope he will involve at least for the last 20-30 minutes...

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Fabianski
Eboue-Kos/Verm/DJ-Squid-Gibbs

Denilson
Diaby-Wilshere

Walcott-Rosicky
Bendtner

If Fabregas is fit give him a good half hour or so. Rest Nasri as he has been playing a lot of football lately. Arshavin looks beat.

It's the City game that is important. I fancy that we'll be able to beat Shaktar at home despite resting a few players.

dreamLord

Established Member
I'd go with that team. Maybe Walcott off the bench, since we need him for City and he's probably not match fit yet. Vela can start. Him and Bendtner seem to do good together anyway.

Lespin

Wouldn't start with Bendtner. He clearly isn't ready, and should come off the bench 20 or 15 minutes before the final whistle. I would give Arshavin, Clichy and Diaby a rest and play with Rosicky, Denilson (as a holding midfielder since Song clearly enjoys his attacking freedom way too much) and Gibbs. Shakhtar will be tough nut to crack. They have been performing really well this season: 17 competitive matches played, 15wins, 1 draw and 1 loss and they have won their last 7 games. Not too shabby...

yuvken

Established Member
Lesser evil
Eboue - Squi- Kos (dj?) - Gibbs
Song-wilshere-Rosicky
Walcott-Chamakh-Vela

If Cesc is really ready, let him play (wherever, whenever).
Other than that, Nasri and Shava off the bench (Diaby?).

Don't want to see Nick - he's not nearly "in the best form of his life".

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Song, Clichy, Diaby, Nasri and Arsh getting a break for sure.
Don't know about Chamakh, and I doubt it'd be good, if we start Bendy, because he clearly lacks form and we should kill Donezk off before we throw him in, so Chamakh to start.
Kos won't be fit for this I assume, so I expect DJ again.
Fabs to come on as a sub, Theo, Denilson and Vela to start.

-----Fabianski------

Eboue-Squib-DJ-Gibbs

---Denilson-Jacky---
-------Rozza--------

Theo---Chamakh---Vela

Denilson-Wilshere worked acceptable when both started so we should be fine, Rozza to be the playmaker and Theo and Vela to give their fullbacks a tough day.
Chamakh up front to win freekicks and pens. :lol:

Proof

Established Member
Their manager, is a **** of the highest order. He'll probably blame the referee, as an excuse for their loss. I just want to humiliate them.

- Fabianski -
- Eboue - Squillaci - Djourou - Gibbs -
- Song - Rosicky - Wilshere -
- Walcott - Bendtner - Arshavin -

Bossa

Established Member
I'd definitely play Denilson, Rosicky and Gibbs. They are too often on the bench. Arshavin and Clichy can use a rest because they had a busy schedule lately. I hope to see Walcott starting because he needs to get into form when we play against City. He'll be crucial for us because we will hurt them in the counter.

Gunner_JT

yuvken said:
Lesser evil
Eboue - Squi- Kos (dj?) - Gibbs
Song-wilshere-Rosicky
Walcott-Chamakh-Vela

If Cesc is really ready, let him play (wherever, whenever).
Other than that, Nasri and Shava off the bench (Diaby?).

Don't want to see Nick - he's not nearly "in the best form of his life".

It was actually physical shape, rather than form. He's barely kicked a ball since the WC so he will take some time to get the touch back.

dreamLord

Established Member
Eduardo's not doing too badly I see - 4 goals in 10 appearances according to Wiki. I hope he gives our defense a torrid time.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom