• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal vs Shakhtar Donetsk - Tue 19th Oct 7:45pm| SS2

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
dreamLord said:
Eduardo's not doing too badly I see - 4 goals in 10 appearances according to Wiki. I hope he gives our defense a torrid time.

Be careful what you wish for! Especially with our backline!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Fabianski
Eboue
Squiq
Djourou
Clichy
Song
Rosicky
Wilshere
Walcott
Chamakh
Arshavin

Y va marquer

Established Member
According to this article on Eduardo and the upcoming game:

“Shakhtar's style is not dissimilar” to ours “and their coach, Mircea Lucescu, is a purist in the Wenger mould. He too is heavily influenced by the Dutch sides of the 1970s, believes in the rapid transfer of the ball and prefers to work with younger players, reasoning they are both more biddable and less prone to fear”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/eduardo-shakhtar-donetsk-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... sk-arsenal</a>

jerome2158

Established Member
eduardo or not, I don't care. Send them crying home. I like eduardo and i know he'll get a good reception, but liking 1/11 players on their team doesn't make me wish they have a great game and give us a hard time.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would like to think that Fabregas will be back for this game. Also I hope Rosicky starts instead of Arshavin. Quite frankly he can't be any worse.

I wonder if Wilshere's upcoming suspension will have any bearing on weather he plays.

MAK 14

Established Member
I'd like to see:

---------------- Fabianski
Eboue - Squillaci - Djourou - Gibbs
--Wilshere - Denilson - Fabregas
--Walcott - Bendtner - Arshavin.

Give Chamakh a bit of a rest before the game against City on Sunday.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd go with this.

Fabianski
Eboue-Squillaci-Djourou-Gibbs
Song-Wilshere
Cesc
Nasri-Chamakh-Rosicky

This is a match that we need to win while also looking ahead to the Man City game.

If Kos is healthy I think we should still give him a rest and play Djourou, so that he is healthy for Man City. Also this will give Djourou needed game time. Clichy should also get a rest.

In midfield I'd play Jack because he can't play against Man City. This will give Diaby an additional rest to overcome his ankle injury. If Cesc is healthy he should play. He has been out for a month, so I'd hope he is 100% okay by now and not being rushed back. Denilson should come off the bench at some point to give either Cesc or Song a breather.

Up top I'd play Rosicky instead of Arshavin because Arshavin looks exhausted. Nasri should start ahead of Theo on the right, but Theo should get subbed on around the 60 minute mark. Chamakh should still start because Bendtner is not ready yet.

outlaw_member

Established Member
God no, don't want to see Bendtner starting this one. He's just come back from a lengthy injury and he looked out of sorts yesterday. We do need Chamakh somewhat fresh for the City game, but I can't see what we can possibly do. I'd rather see JET given a start than Bendtner, at this moment in time.

Eirico

Gunner_JT said:
yuvken said:
Lesser evil
Eboue - Squi- Kos (dj?) - Gibbs
Song-wilshere-Rosicky
Walcott-Chamakh-Vela

If Cesc is really ready, let him play (wherever, whenever).
Other than that, Nasri and Shava off the bench (Diaby?).

Don't want to see Nick - he's not nearly "in the best form of his life".

It was actually physical shape, rather than form. He's barely kicked a ball since the WC so he will take some time to get the touch back.

He's never had a decent touch tbh, and will probably never have it either. Bendtner will be a good player, but he's not suited for Arsenal's technical game. JET is a bigger prospect imo, he has the size and also the technique as well. Would rather see him getting games instead of Bendtner, but it will never happen.

viper_001

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6K49WRVPE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6K49WRVPE</a>

I remember watching videos of Bendtner playing for the reserves in 05/06, and his first touch was incredible. He was brilliant way back when he was partnered up front with little Arturo Lupoli (I wonder what happened to that kid).

My theory is that it's a massive step up from reserves to first team, and that it won't be long before we see the "real" Bendtner. Writing off a 22 year old who scored against Barca at Camp Nou, matched a 30+ year old Berbatov at the age of 20, and kept us alive in the league just doesn't seem right.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Every time he's had a mare, i remember how young he is, because sometimes he does something breathtaking and you can see what the coaches see. Definitely not a player to be written off so early in his career.

Chamakh has had a good start for us and was certainly looking the part last year for Bordeaux, but where was he at 22? I'll give any young player a few more years because they don't all progress at the same rate.

yuvken

Established Member
No need to get excited - nobody's writing Nick off. It's just that in this form he should be playing with the reserves - he is still very far from form.
He and JET? I'm not sure about the natural talent comparison, but I have a feeling Bendtner's hunger, self belief and, err, lack of accurate self awareness may be valuable ingredients in his progress. I'm not convinced by JET's attitude (but I admit It's early to judge).

Don't they both have a "car record"? :)

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As much frustrating as Bendtner is (Burnley last season comes to mind), he clearly has potential. Even he thinks so saying: "I will become world's best striker"

No wonder that few seasons back, Wenger refused to swap Adriano (Inter) with Bendtner in loan deals.

Re:Shakhtar, hopefully Walcott And Fabregas play to get some more fitness, before that crucial game against MoneyCity

otfgoon

Established Member
Eboue being interrogated about his tackle on Ridgewell by the press :lol:

I guess it's going to be like that for a while.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Surprised Niks credentials are still being questioned. Anybody know the squad for the game? would be great to see something like:-

------------------Fabianski-----------------------
--Sagna------Squid-----------Djourou------Clichy--
-----------Diaby-----Denilson----Rosicky----------
--Theo---------------Nik-----------------Vela/JET--

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom