• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Basel v Arsenal | Tuesday 6th December 19:45 | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If this is the way we continue to play then I think it's pure brilliance by Wenger, and if we can play this way against any team -we'll always be a dangerous side to play.
We won't. We become a sunday league side whenever we play any decent/tactical opposition.

On the other hand you could argue that the horrible run including the Sp**s and United results was a result of the team getting used to playing without Santi.

I would go with the former, many will go with the latter.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
"IF" is the operative word here. That is speculation territory. As I said, kudos to Arsène, he did what he had to do, i.e, giving the team the best chance to win.
Again, saying that our second string is good enough to beat Basel is speculation as well. Those are risks that no serious manager should ever consider.
although if we were to, e.g., lose the next two matches in the PL, it might not be because of the lack of resting players in this particular match. If it is clear that the result was caused by fatigue to specific players, then fine. But how would you know that fatigue would be the cause, and nothing else?

So many factors when analyzing the performance of a match. And we would never know if we would win the game without Sanchez and Özil, unless you can look into an alternate dimension. Pure speculation.

I agree that its speculation. But short of a crystal ball, its the best I can do to explain why I'm not jumping for joy with this result.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Our second string also should have been good enough to beat southamptons second string...
No Perez in that match, and Özil/Sanchez could've started on the bench like I said earlier and joined the action if help was required. In fact, the ease with which we brushed past Basel would suggest that they're worse than Southampton(whom we had to rely on a dubious penalty to beat, even when we were at full strength).
There's no point arguing either way, but I had to put the thought out.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Am I the only one to think we won mostly thanks to the opponent? they were so bad, could have come back at 2-1 at home. we made some very bad decisions, dangerous play which is very costly against any other team. I'm not saying we were bad but not always reassuring.
I can't remember seeing a CL team as bad as the one I saw yesterday (Basel) so I'm not too impressed.
True that, they've been bad this CL season. Not the same team we've been impressed with the last couple of years. Looks like Moneny was really important for them eh?;)

Still a great performance!

razörist

Woow, calm down there, kiddo.
1st of all, it's banter. 2nd of all, drawing Bayern would be a good draw for Arsenal. Never been a better year to play and beat them, and this is coming from me.
I hope you're trying some sick jinx or something. Bayern would be a good draw for Arsenal. Yeah, if Barcelona, Real and World XL are the other options. So no!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Real Madrid I the only team that I really wouldn’t want to get.

Dortmund aren’t as a fierce pressing unit as they use to be are they? Reckon we could get past them.

razörist

You haven't seen them play this season, have you?
I have, but even if I didn't. Its Bayern. They have almost as much top players on the bench as we have on the pitch. Just because it isn't going for them now, doesn't mean it won't in February, when the actual games are played. I'd rather not risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom