• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL |Olympiacos v Arsenal| Wed 9/12/09|19:45| ITV1(finally)

Humble Rex

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Wenger should be shot if he plays a single first team regular in this game.

This.
Don´t want Silvestre to play either if the injury to Gallas is suspected to be anything but minor.
Also I want to see Vela play through the middle. If he is going to add anything to this squad, in this formation, with the players we have out he has to learn quickly how to master that position.
If Rosicky wasn´t injured I would also play him here just as punishment for being so woeful in his last two outings. Pathetic. Hurts to see him now when you compare him to what he was like before his injury. No confidence to take people on what. so. ever.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Play the kids. Debut Bartley if Senderos still won't play. Take Vela off after 60 mins so he can start against Pool. Simples.

Rahul

How much ever we'd want it i doubt Wenger will play Wilshere in an away CL tie...I know its dead rubber n all...but its Wenger.

Zico

Established Member
I would play all the scrubs listed above except Traore. He's our only left back and should be saved for meaningful games. What about Eastmond? Can't he do a job at left back with Coquelin in central midfield?

Rahul

Hes got a fractured metatarsal...should be a good few months.i remember reading 3-4 somewhere.

would be kind if someone could confirm.

McIntyre

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
For the first time this season ITV1 are showing an Arsenal CL game (too bad it's a dead rubber :roll: ) it will still be nice to see the young guns again.

Thing is, you know that if there was even the tiniest chance, no matter how slim, that Liverpool could get through they would've chosen to show their game instead.

ITV just don't see us as as big a draw for viewers as United or Liverpool, and sometimes even Chelski, so until we come up against some quality opposition (like Real, Barca etc) or play on a different matchday to the other English teams we'll always be playing second fiddle. :x

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I am excited about this game. Seeing a whole load of youngsters.

Doubt we will lose even then though

dutchMasta

Young boys please.

Glad to see for the 6th time in a row, the Arsenal match will be a delayed viewing, dumb Ten Sports.

dbig

Last year, we played this team against Porto when we had qualified, but needed a draw to finish top:

Manuel Almunia
Johan Djourou
William Gallas
Mikael Silvestre
Emmanuel Eboue
Alexandre Song Billong
Denilson
Abou Diaby
Aaron Ramsey
Carlos Vela
Nicklas Bendtner

Jack Wilshere for Aaron Ramsey (59)
Kieran Gibbs for Abou Diaby (59)
Mark Randall for Alexandre Song Billong (79)

Since we're guaranteed to be top of the group this year, I expect a much more experimental team out.

qs

Established Member
I expect a very weak team. Too many injuries, too many niggles, nothing to play for. Wenger will let the kids have a run out. Looking forward to seeing Wilshere, Vela, Merida and Ramsey in a CL game. Should be good for them. I think we might do quite well in this one.

Zico

Established Member
I wouldn't care if Wenger sent a pack of raccoons to play this game. He can thrill himself all he wants with a bunch players who aren't old enough to drive. Just resist the temptation to play Traore or Song.

viper_001

Established Member
Barring a sudden injury through training, we'll most definitely be seeing Wilshere/Merida/Vela starting. I'm actually more excited about this than our next league match, as it'll have a lot to say about how far our squad depth goes.

Vela and Merida need to start scoring some goals, as we'll come to rely on them towards the end of the season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski
Coquelin Senderos Bartley Silvestre
Eastmond
Merida Ramsey
Wilshere Vela Watt

Weak enough?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
who cares if Senderos is cup tied? you think any team that is left in the CL is going to make a move for him in the January window? (either purchase or loan)? can't see it myself..

Del Boy

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/silvestre-to-be-quiet-leader-in-greece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -in-greece</a>

How can you be a quiet leader? You either are a leader or aren't one. Simple.

Same old bs from Wenger dismissing leadership.

True Gooner

Established Member
'Quiet' doesn't necessarily mean that Silvestre isn't vocal enough i.e. the literal meaning of quiet. It could just as easily mean that Silvestre doesn't get much attention, in some ways, is forgotten (or to be more accurate - hated) Or maybe Silvestre does a lot behind the scenes helping players on the training pitch?

I've heard a couple of players praising Silvestre as well for his experience and guidance - including Ramsey and Djourou.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom