• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Partizan Belgrade vs Arsenal, 28/09/10, SS4, 19:45

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
What are Jack's and Andrey's statistics so far this season in terms of games-goals/assists? Sorry I'm lazy :)

P.S. did anyone else think Djourou looked promising?

Captain

Established Member
Last point; Partizan are a bloody dirty team and I the ref never got a hold of the game. It's ridiculous in europe's flagship competition.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
What are Jack's and Andrey's statistics so far this season in terms of games-goals/assists?
Not sure these are entirely accurate, but Jack has 5 assists so far in 9 games. Arshavin has 5 goals and 5 assists in 9 games. Chamakh has 4 goals and 3 assists in 9 games.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Some of the Partizan tackles looked to be bordering on criminal but maybe they only looked that way because quite a few of our players are "slight"?

Jack got a real pasting but he's tough :)

ricky1985

Established Member
Pleasing result, if not performance.

I was so happy for Fabianski - that penalty save meant the world to him. Good on you mate! Lets hope it signals a change in his fortune, and helps him to believe in himself more than he has done previously.

On the negative side, I thought the midfield was absolutely appalling. Song was truly abysmal, especially first half, but it's not because he's playing particularly poorly (although he can definitely play better) or because he's "trying to be a playmaker" - it's because more is being asked of him in this new formation, and he's struggling to cope. Basically he's being found out a little bit - and you have to ask yourself is this Song really that different from the Song we saw prior to the switch to a 4-3-3 that saw him act almost entirely as a holding player? He's never been the most incisive of passers or the most reliable passer under pressure - the sort of pressure you are regularly under when you get into the final third of the pitch.

The centrebacks were poor early on, but the cause of the problem was the gaping hole in front of them that neither Song nor Denilson had the intelligence to see and rectify. That meant the centrebacks were getting drawn out to try and deal with the balls into that space, and early on they weren't coping well with it at all.
At half-time Wenger must have dealt with it because Denilson played noticeably deeper and did a good job of protecting that dangerous space just in front of the defence. It's worrying that neither of them took the responsibility or had the intelligence to sense that danger on their own.

Arshavin was absolutely electric first half, and it's such a shame he missed that penalty, otherwise he would have really put them to the sword late on. The Champions League clearly means a lot to him, because he was definitely nervous over that penalty.

Wilshere didn't see enough of the ball, but when he did he nearly always did something positive with it. His skill for the goal was completely ridiculous, and he put Arshavin in another couple of times. Shame we couldn't clone him and have him supplying early balls into himself in the good positions he kept taking up.

Also, really pleased for Gibbs that the penalty he gave away didn't go in. He didn't deserve that, I thought he was very good throughout, and I also didn't think it was a penalty (although still poor defending).

At the end of it all we must improve big-time for Sunday's game - most crucially in midfield. Jack moving deeper will instantly makes things much better, but we need a big performance from whoever plays next to him. And I'll say it again; well done Lukasz Fabianski!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Thanks Klaus. Arshavin is at a similar level to his first half-season with us, at least statistically. Wilshere very impressive too. The thought of those two plus Fabregas all on the same wavelength is utterly mouthwatering.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Our defence is still so bad. It's unbelievable how often we shoot ourselves in the foot, really is. Even at 3-1 vs 10 men we create problems by gifting them a pen and another good chance aswell.

Alot of it stems from central midfield aswell.

mo50

Established Member
Jack took some beating tonight. There was one moment towards the end where he was nearly in tears. He put in an excellent shift and is slowly asserting himself in games more. And to think he's only 18.

Arshavin seems to be in form at the moment. He could've easily bagged a hat trick and was our most dangerous player.

The huge sigh of relief from Fabianski was great to see. I don't think I've ever seen him grab the ball so well too. Hopefully it'll be the end of Flappy.

Y va marquer

Established Member
I'm never really comfortable until we've got at least a 2 goal cushion.

At 1-0 up watching us waste all those chances I was just waiting for them to equalise.

It's maddening, even the most lowly of teams must fancy their chances of scoring against us.

Rorz

Established Member
Missed the game, but it's nice to hear that a few suspect players performed quite well. Hopefully they will have a point to prove to us on Sunday, and we can really push on this season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Btw, didnt seen anyone mention it but the way Wilshere tackles others endangers his opponents imo. He always goes in 2 footed I noticed

Timleaf

Established Member
Captain said:
Personally felt that Wilshere looked underwhelming in a more advanced role.

Yeah, a few brilliant moments aside I thought he struggled to impose himself. I still reckon he had a good game and you can tell the class is there. His touch, awareness and the positions he takes up are all outstanding. Didn't hurt Partizan enough tonight though imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
well about today game

we fix our awful performance vs westbrom we playing so well control the game score early goal we miss alot of chances and then we take the goal as always fabianski first time i see him like this very good very calm not making mistakes i really hope see him like this

our defense its was not bad but squillaci and DJ they looks bad partners cuz DJ makes alot of mistakes gibbs is still improving hope he start vs chelsea

our MF was so good today we control the only mistake is song i dont know whyy he go forword he not play a DM he playing a CM and he show us he is bad player in that position for that i need wenger back him to his orginal position A DM

our forword was good miss alot of chances as always he was can kill the game in first 25min but we miss at least 3 goals

sammy89

I honestly believe that Song has been licensed by Wenger to go forward, but it's Song himself who's overdoing it.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Huh, I thought the CB's and CM's were average at best. We were losing 50:50's all over the pitch.

Song looks shot atm, guy needs to be benched pronto.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom