• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | PSG v Arsenal | 13th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka-Cazorla lacks athleticism and might also be too weak defensively to play against a top side. We'll save it for games where we are playing small teams who have come to park the bus.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Giroud is definitely in, but Lucas on the wing is a real possibility.

Think Xhaka-Elneny in midfield, Wenger will want some more discipline than he gets from Coquelin.

fabo

6.51 / 10
If he does that, he'll destroy Perez's confidence and render him useless. He should start him in a 442 with Giroud.

'Again' as in vs PSG. We don't play 4-4-2 and Wenger trusts Giroud.

Tbh I'd say Perez is happy to just be at Arsenal right now, lad is a journeyman, huge move for him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Tbh I'd say Perez is happy to just be at Arsenal right now, lad is a journeyman, huge move for him.

I disagree. He has something and if we ever want to get the best out of him, which we desperately need to do, then he should start. If not in a front 2 then as a R. winger.
He did more than both Ox & Walcott, today. He got an assist and worked his arse off.

Also, Giroud is more effective in a front 2, as we have seen with France.

nmn

Kos will pocket Cavani, easily.
We'll have to be wary of Di Maria and Verratti.
Di Maria will roam free and Xhaka will have to be on to him when he cuts in. Verratti will create from the back, Özil and co will have to pressure him.
2-0 win, Sanchez and Giroud with the goals.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Nacho
Xhaka Elneny
Özil
Alexis Iwobi
Giroud.
We could play Lucas instead of Giroud or drop Iwobi and put Lucas LW with Giroud up front. No Ox in the squad for me. Let Jeff or Willock have the experience. I'd also play Özil slightly behind the forwards so he can hopefully run into space and thread some passes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka
Elneny Cazorla
Özil Giroud Alexis
I think it might be something like that considering we're away from home, though I can see us playing Perez wide also. Think Giroud will definitely start this.

EDIT: Actually forgot about Iwobi, big chance he'll start, in that case swap Cazorla out and put Iwobi on the wing.

N

NotAUserName

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka
Elneny Cazorla
Özil Giroud Alexis
I think it might be something like that considering we're away from home, though I can see us playing Perez wide also. Think Giroud will definitely start this.

EDIT: Actually forgot about Iwobi, big chance he'll start, in that case swap Cazorla out and put Iwobi on the wing.
I'd go with Lucas instead of Giroud.

We might need to play on the counter.

Aevi

Hale End FC

I think you're saying that without having read up on him whatsoever.

He was originally in Spain, and impressed at the academy level. He was promoted to Rayo Vallecano's first team in Spain's second division and continued to play well, but because of the team's dire financial situation, he was sold off. Naturally, seeing as he hadn't built a reputation yet, he was forced into a small league (Ukrainian) and later to Greece. It's quite difficult to make anything of yourself there of course, but when he finally got his opportunity in Spain for Deportivo de La Coruña, he took it with both hands and was able to catch Wenger's eye. It's not that he was a journeyman, poor circumstances forced him to move around to find an opportunity to impress.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They have 3 fit defenders. We should en aiming to win this definitely

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

They have 3 fit defenders. We should en aiming to win this definitely
Hahahaha. Please. They could have had 1 fit defender and we would find a way to ruin it. Remember United away? It's not about who turns up for the opposition, it's about which Arsenal turns up. We can beat Bayern and lose to Burnley the next game.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Think Xhaka-Elneny in midfield, Wenger will want some more discipline than he gets from Coquelin.

I hope not! You cant bring in a player and tell the media you want him in the middle, and then play him wide after one game. By all means play Giroud, that's what I expect anyway against top seeds away but play you 1st choice wingers ie Alexis & Walcott, then bring on Perez later for Giroud if its not working.

Aevi

Hale End FC

I don't see that happening at all. If Wenger had been looking for a player to play on the wing, Perez would not have been that guy for sure. He's here to be a striker, and one game won't change that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
PSG really had a poor start of the season they still settling with their new manager so this is great time to play them.

Cech
Bellerin Kosh Mustafi Monreal
Xhaka coq/Elneny
Walcott Özil Alexis
Lucas/Giroud

Wenger will go with tow DM at this one its away game against top team it will be open game I hope Özil Alexis and Walcott can play well because they will be the key

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Away games have been way more enjoyable than home games for a while now. Let's continue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom