• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | PSG v Arsenal | 13th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Should be aiming to win this if we have serious aspirations. PSG have started averagely and have a few injuries.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Maybe not a trendy thing to say but,

Our system looks way too weak without Giroud up top. Would like to see Lucas in instead of Walcott.
I think it'll be...

Czech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscielny-nacho
Xhaka-Cazorla
Theo-Özil-Alexis
Giroud

Iwobi and Lucas on at 70
Elneny on at 80

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

First decent chance at winning a group in a long time, we just need a draw in the away game but with them only having three fit defenders we should be trying to steal a win here.

Win this and we're halfway to finally topping our group, we are Arsenal though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'll be very happy with an away goal even if it brings us nothing. I'll be happier still if we can get draw. And still ill be even more ecstatic if we keep a clean sheet.

Either of those three or a combo of the last two will boost the confidence in the dressing room.

Either way though I'm excited for the UCL. I feel it may be a cup we have a run in albeit with the firm understanding we'd need a lot of luck to get past the quarter final stage. .. Just getting there would be a nice change

Neo-Harambist

Cech; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Xkaha, Coquelin, Ramsey, Özil, Alexis; Giroud.

Perez and Walcott off the bench imho.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
----------------Cech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscielny-Monreal
-----------Elneny-Xhaka
Iwobi-----------Özil-------------Alexis
-----------------Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Holding, Cazorla, Ramsey, Walcott, Perez

All their PSG's CB options are relatively short. Giroud bullet header imminent.

Bergkamp120

------------------Cech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscielny-Monreal
------------Elneny-Xhaka
Walcott--------Özil-------------Alexis
----------------Giroud

Cazorla/Perez/Iwobi as potential substitutions if we're down.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Maybe not a trendy thing to say but,

Our system looks way too weak without Giroud up top. Would like to see Lucas in instead of Walcott.
I think it'll be...

Czech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscielny-nacho
Xhaka-Cazorla
Theo-Özil-Alexis
Giroud

Iwobi and Lucas on at 70
Elneny on at 80

I love the Xhaka-Cazorla pairing in MF. It is our best option there.
I am worry though about streching Santi too much though. We should not play him 3 games in a week.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
You just know that Coquelin will play, probably next to Xhaka.

I think that playing Özil wide would be a smart move here, get an extra man in midfield.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm patiently waiting for our team to pleasantly surprise us.

I don't think you'll see that for a few games yet. Today was important from a confidence POV but he's still finding his best system imo.

I think that his 1st eleven isn't settled yet - he's taking a good look at everyone early doors.

Well,that was bad.

Thank god we got the win,Perez is growing and is a useful addition will reduce the goal burden nicely when he gets in sync with the team in 2-3 matches or opens his account.Mustafi was excellent we looked so assured,we will have such insane protection with a Kostafi partnership ahead of Petr Cech.

We have to get these 2 SOTON clowns out of our club,both Ox and Walcott are pathetic,we are pathetic to not count on one but two of them in the same game,how i wish it was ox on loan and wilshere on our right side,he gives us something atleast on the wing rather than being a negative force or we should have atleast kept campbell,the dream is to send Ox on loan to see if he finds consistency and sel theo,we should have bit westhams hand off for 20m and got Mikhitaryan for whom we pulled out of the deal after everything was agreed as confirmed by watze a coach at Dortmund.

Our only hope is Iwobi keeps performing and doesnt get further injuries,in case he does

I would even Prefer Sanchez Özil and Cazorla behind the striker.

Why didnt Xhaka play,i think a bit of the lessons Arsène gave Pires is at play here,after again a MOTM display for his national team he got sent off in the dying minutes of a 2-0 victory,he made Bobby watch from the bench and learn,hes helping xhaka not get sent off and added defensive stability with coq who was good in what he had to do actually excellent but cant play the ball and with our wings being useless,it was pretty hard yesterday..

The optimal play here is to have Xhaka and Ramsey in the middle with the latter minding his defensive duties like in 13/14..If not and we dont have Iwobi available,i am all for a midfield of

Elneny Xhaka

a rotating 3 of Özil,Cazorla and Sanchez behind the strikers.

Comeonyougunners

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Coq does seem to be trying to show Wenger he has more to offer us going forward.

Probably best to go with Xhaka-Elneny for now. Would love to see Perez with some decent options either side on the counter but likely to be Giroud instead.

slide

Can't believe everyone here seemingly wants to drop Cazorla, especially after his performances in our last two games. He's world class and has to start, our team drops a level when he isn't playing.

The argument for starting Elneny ahead of Santi for this game because he offers more defensively is also bull, Santi has shown far more willingness to make a tackle than the Egyptian has. Xhaka has been signed as a DM so for me it only makes sense that we have someone next to him who can offer some incisiveness in the final third.

The willingness to not play cazorla is to move him on to the wings as we are pathetic there and cannot count on ox or theo while we have options to replace santi with ramsey or elneny in the middle

Hegemony

Can't believe everyone here seemingly wants to drop Cazorla, especially after his performances in our last two games. He's world class and has to start, our team drops a level when he isn't playing.

The argument for starting Elneny ahead of Santi for this game because he offers more defensively is also bull, Santi has shown far more willingness to make a tackle than the Egyptian has. Xhaka has been signed as a DM so for me it only makes sense that we have someone next to him who can offer some incisiveness in the final third.

Yeah, in the last game he played brilliantly. I can't remember the exacts but sometime in the second half santi stormed back to clear a counter attack. Showed a willingness to defend and a desire to keep us in the game. Cazorla has to start.

GunnerShy

Cech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Kos-Monreal
Xhaka-Coq
Perez-Özil-Sanchez
Giroud

Think Perez should play on the right, cut in and at times play off Giroud. Although long term he's central I think it'll help with his integration to keep playing him. Especially against a team that will come out to play football. Rest Cazorla. Alternatively they could play Özil out wide for Perez and Cazorla in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom